Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
A bit pessimistic overall, understandable in light of your spoiler "signature" I guess.

Games developed by single people or small groups as a "when I'm not at my day job and have time project" usually have slow development cycles.

Should they be more transparent with their earnings? I don't know, are you willing to post your income for all to see?

As for Patreon (you know the funding site we all hate), they keep hamstringing developers with their requirements, so there is that to keep in mind.

Cheers!!
1- Commissioning a bunch of art and pasting it into a VN engine doesn't take galaxy brain levels of manpower. They have "a team" of people allegedly working on this and their hat whenever they can and they're making undisclosed amounts of money and have been for 2 years with nearly no progress, that is at least very questionable. You're not working 7 days a week or 24 hours a day, that'd be illegal, you're also not using your Patreon money to travel and complain like Kuja is so what's the hold-up? Hell, Legend of Krystal: Rebirth is at least slightly more complex.

2- I'm not a public entity developing a game solely on good intentions and vague promises so I don't have any incentive to have a number up showing how much money I make a month. I'm a private citizen with a job. Were I making a living off donations I'd at least want to disclose that monthly average. However that's not the case here, you said it yourself they have jobs, this is not their main/only source of income and they made the choice to hide that on their Patreon page, that's an option you have that you don't have to tick, so I dunno, I'm just throwing ideas out. I'm a natural cynic.

3- Were I part of a group of people working together and recognised as some sort of development team that only makes money off free donations I would be inclined to at least show that number for transparency's sake, if not also the way it's spent like a lot of donation-driven entities do for the sake of transparency. Crowdfunding is essentially charity, and a charity with hidden numbers isn't a good charity. Lastly, I didn't ask to show me their IRS forms either, in fact I didn't ask for anything, I said it was a red flag that they were hiding it when even commission artists and twitch thots don't.

Well, while my involvement with the development is purely with the writing side of things for both of the games (as of this coming release). I can say this, this update largely involves a whole new section of the map (in fact multiple sections) that have been very time consuming for G-Zone, Morah and the others to produce, leveled with a whole new game being built from scratch, it's very easy to see why there's such a delay.

But, now the foundations for the second game have been established, it should help make future releases faster.
I sure hope so, just shows a clear lack of vision or direction if you're having so much trouble to begin with but pile on more for what I can only assume is just for the sake of it. You do you, at the end of the day my word is inconsequential. You already have an established userbase so you're not gonna be losing out on that monthly average any time soon, that's just how Patreon works. You already made it, sit on it if you want.

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
I appreciate everyone writing what they've been telling us with their reactions to the latest updates and news on development. I told GZone just the other day that I think he should put out a post after BF comes out asking the fans the things they wish were improved upon the most, whether it's post frequency, streaming, communication, or general speed of updates. I can also talk to GZone to ask if he'd be willing to put the earnings number back up again to provide a certain level of transparency.

I'd also mention and remind that this was the first game that GZone worked on, and the first one I had major hands in learning how to develop and add additional programs into. So I don't know how much of a fair point it is to say that other games or developers work on other projects more complex than ours. I will agree that the making of these games isn't overly complex, but for us it's still a good amount of work to handle, and we work on the majority of our assets by hand. Again, one could probably do our work faster, but I don't think we claim to be the best line artists or 3D modelers around. Certainly no the fastest.

Last edited:
Reactions: lostraven

rommeltje

Feb 13, 2017
In the meantime, please give our newest game a try and let us know how you like it.
I vote to drop the second game, and focus on finishing Amity Park first - especially if your time is limited. I haven't played Breeding Farm yet, obviously, but just judging by the title, I don't think I ever will, as it sounds completely unoriginal. In fact, isn't there already a game with that title on this site?:unsure:

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
I vote to drop the second game, and focus on finishing Amity Park first - especially if your time is limited. I haven't played Breeding Farm yet, obviously, but just judging by the title, I don't think I ever will, as it sounds completely unoriginal. In fact, isn't there already a game with that title on this site?:unsure:
No, it was Breeding Season, a game that was dropped and never finished due to a lot of conflicting reports as far as I'm aware. It's very much in the vein of that game. GZone just wanted to make an additional game that was different from AP and without having the feeling of being bogged down by working on one thing creatively all the time. It was his desire, and we feel it's been a fun process.

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
No, it was Breeding Season, a game that was dropped and never finished due to a lot of conflicting reports as far as I'm aware. It's very much in the vein of that game. GZone just wanted to make an additional game that was different from AP and without having the feeling of being bogged down by working on one thing creatively all the time. It was his desire, and we feel it's been a fun process.
Nah there's Cloud Meadow. It's a breeder/farmer, not doing that great though but it has a lot of mechanics that technically sorta work.
There's also Breeders of the Nephelym which uses the Unreal engine in a fully open world map, and a few others.
Breeding sims are very common, there's at least a few others I can think of but the titles escape as does that genre of hentai entirely.

Reactions: rommeltje

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
Nah there's Cloud Meadow. It's a breeder/farmer, not doing that great though but it has a lot of mechanics that technically sorta work.
There's also Breeders of the Nephelym which uses the Unreal engine in a fully open world map, and a few others.
Breeding sims are very common, there's at least a few others I can think of but the titles escape as does that genre of hentai entirely.
I wish people would just not mention Cloud Meadow... Considering what killed Breeding Season, reportedly, is one of the devs stealing all the assets to start Cloud Meadow.

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
I wish people would just not mention Cloud Meadow... Considering what killed Breeding Season, reportedly, is one of the devs stealing all the assets to start Cloud Meadow.
There's a lot of misinformation going around that game. I'm not trying to defend it but going off rumours doesn't help anyone.
This is the best I've got as far as facts, this summarises a lot of the statements thrown around, and has a bunch of screenshots.
Granted, I only skimmed it because I'm busy and it's been a while since I cared enough to look it up.

Make up your mind on your own of course but don't go off rumours, especially with a thing like this.

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
There's a lot of misinformation going around that game. I'm not trying to defend it but going off rumours doesn't help anyone.
This is the best I've got as far as facts, this summarises a lot of the statements thrown around, and has a bunch of screenshots.
Granted, I only skimmed it because I'm busy and it's been a while since I cared enough to look it up.

Make up your mind on your own of course but don't go off rumours, especially with a thing like this.
Was less a rumor than a public statement by the game's creator about the betrayal.

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
Was less a rumor than a public statement by the game's creator about the betrayal.
Yeah but I wanted to be more clear since you were pretty vague.
It's messy enough as it is and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.
Not that it makes a difference at this point so it's pretty moot.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Recently started this...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Besides that, it's not bad so far.
Oh god yeah, I remember that. I think it was due to the fact that we wanted to do something like differing dialogue for a repeating event vs when it actually happens in the story or sequence of events. I'll have to find out why we never corrected it. You are correct, it is in fact a shitty cheap ploy we used to save us some time, and I feel bad we did it. I'm taking steps to remedy it.

Reactions: MissSonicBoom

Sgt. M

Nov 29, 2018
I love this game. The only thing that I want is to be able to get the women pregnant and faster updates. otherwise, keep up the good work and try not to over extend yourselves by being too ambitious with the game and adding to much content.

Reactions: Morah SDG
Dec 24, 2018
Yeaaaaaaah two different games at the same time, what a great idea, it's not like this game is lacking content already :)
Ya, I don't understand this. Why start work on a second game when your first game is already lacking content. Now with two games being developed it will take even longer for either one of them to have content. Why spread yourselves thinner by starting a second game when you haven't even made much progression in your first game? Now we're just going to get another game with no content and have to wait a long time for it to have any, and have to wait even longer for this game to get content.

Last edited:

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Ya, I don't understand this. Why start work on a second game when your first game is already lacking content. Now with two games being developed it will take even longer for either one of them to have content. Why spread yourselves thinner by starting a second game when you haven't even made much progression in your first game? Now we're just going to get another game with no content and have to wait a long time for it to have any, and have to wait even longer for this game to get content.
My only question is this, how much more stuff, if you're a person interested in this type of game I must assume for this question, would you say would be enough to be considered "content." Because I agree that there are FAR more things I'd like to help do with AP, but is there a specific something that you guys are interested in us doing more of? Genuinely curious, and I can understand the confusion as to why we might do this if we're already taking time to produce this content. Thanks.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Seems as thought the "Genie_shop" cheat doesn't work, I've tried typing it out numerous ways but, nothing works.
I just tried it, seems to work fine. Capital G, underscore, lower case s, press enter. What system are you using?

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
My only question is this, how much more stuff, if you're a person interested in this type of game I must assume for this question, would you say would be enough to be considered "content." Because I agree that there are FAR more things I'd like to help do with AP, but is there a specific something that you guys are interested in us doing more of? Genuinely curious, and I can understand the confusion as to why we might do this if we're already taking time to produce this content. Thanks.
Personally I would appreciate pushing ahead the main plot so you have a proper outline of the story you want to narrate, you've got the workings for the map and quest system basically done already so so you could get that much out of the way. I'm not that well-versed on Ren'py though so what do I know. When that's done, you can focus more spaced out updates on the specific characters. Larger content additions but focused solely on one or two people. You can always do this stuff and lock it off until you release relevant character updates.
The main meat of a game like this is the interactions with the romance options, not the overall story, I'm certain you know this, and since it feels to me like you're going, at least on the main plot, for something similar to the original show you can make a rough outline using that and pluck notes here and there for stuff to happen with them. Writing this can't possibly be that hard, you don't have original characters to worry about or Patreon-guided plot threads, you've got set personalities and events you don't have to come up with yourself.
If you go that route you make a popularity poll and go off those numbers to push the individual plots of each character in that order. Sorta like A Town Uncovered is trying to do but you guys don't seem like [REDACTED] so I'm certain you can work something out and be smart about it. Get easy stuff covered first, then when you have a skeleton to plug these things in you can do the harder stuff, like the combat*, puzzles that lead to plot points or finish flag searches, etc. As far as what "enough content" is there's no solid answer, this is a VN so at the very least some sex scenes with each romance option and a resolution at the end of the plot you're going for, interactions between the romance options totally optional. I'm easy to please in that regard.
A good example for a finished product would be something like Insexual Awakening, I don't like to compare games but that game was very good and was paced and structured very well. Fairly short but it had decent mini-games, good art which you guys also have and 6 romance options with a few scenes each + some together, plus 2 extra characters that just gave you scenes for talking to them. (Like that nurse.) Amity Park is a lot more linear than that game though, right now anyway in that one you could do whatever all the time but in Amity Park since it's more story-driven with the chapters being task-based you don't have to worry too much about player choices really except for dialogue.

Just my take. I ramble a lot, and I haven't slept in 2 days so this is probably all completely fucked but I hope it's as legible as some of it was in my head.

*Also as a personal point the combat feels totally unnecessary since it's so barebones and RNG based. You also can't tell when you're meant to win or lose because they all feel or seem the same.
Edit: Holy shit that's a lot of rambling. Oops.

3.70 star(s) 60 Votes