VN Ren'Py Angel in L.A. Vol. 1 [v0.6.4 Rework] [DigiurgeCreations]

4.00 star(s) 8 Votes

DigiurgeCreations

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
As an interning assistant to a burly dog trainer from Kenya?
That is very specific! :sneaky:

I'll see what I can come up with that may have Angel crossing paths with a dog trainer.

Perhaps Brutus is a bit rowdy and the family calls in a dog trainer. Angel being very concerned for Brutus offers up her assistance in the training sessions with the dog trainer from Kenya.

Thank you for the suggestion :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: slimjim101 and ifss

KatoMax

Feb 27, 2022
Angel is going to be working a lot of different places, all in which have a dramatic ending that sends our leading lady to another place to meet new people.

Being her fathers assistant will be one of them and the story will have the father being more secretive (w/guilt) at first for his feelings for Angel.

I certainly planned on Angel going to the beach, however being a lifeguard isn't one of the jobs I had planned for her on the beach. It's not a bad idea however, and it could actually intertwine in the next option of going to the gym.

Working for a sexy Librarian is most certainly planned in this story. :)
You already had these covered.
Looking forward to your updates!

Last edited:
Reactions: DigiurgeCreations

DigiurgeCreations

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
UPDATE:

Progress is going slow as of late because of things going on in my private life and just a plain lack of privacy. Other than that, I'm getting some of the back end work done for a few of the scenes I'm working on.

I am testing out the workout outfits and facility today and thought I'd give you guys a sneak peak at the girls in this setting.

ifss

Mar 3, 2019
I was re-working the Angel and cow scene this afternoon (because the settings for Angel's skin tone at the time was darker) and wanted to share a few renders of the scene :)
Angel looks taller or thinner than the previous game. Her boobs seem to be narrower from the front view - is that due to tight clothing?

SAFFID

Mar 9, 2018
Might we see a new update to this game soon? The game had such promise, I would really love for a rebirth.

• Red Heart
Reactions: str8up

DigiurgeCreations

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
Angel looks taller or thinner than the previous game. Her boobs seem to be narrower from the front view - is that due to tight clothing?
There are several factors for changes.

I don't have the old game assets or saved files. Everything got deleted. Everything that I have NOW, I had to recreate. So yes, there will be some minor differences to the previous game.

That being said, there are also other factors, as you mentioned (tight clothing), in order to create cleavage, a woman has to push her tits together, making them less wide looking.

I hardly ever gave Angel cleavage in the first game because she was constantly covered up, however when she is wearing a shirt that exposes her chest, I want cleavage, and therefore her tits have to be pressed together.

There are also other factors such as depth perception and scaling. If you download Daz3d and mess around with it, you'll see all of the issues that creators have to deal with. It's not easy, it takes a lot of time to get an image perfect, and when you're planning thousands of images for an interactive novel, then you have to consider everything from how long it takes to produce one render, edit it, and then finally compress it without taking away too much of the quality and make sure it lines up right in the code.

It takes a lot of work and time I simply don't have to make these renders perfect so you'll have to take what you get, unfortunately that's just the way things are sometimes.

DigiurgeCreations

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
Might we see a new update to this game soon? The game had such promise, I would really love for a rebirth.
I wish I could update the original game, I just don't have the old assets and saved files anymore. (More info in the reply above)

I am remaking the game however, once I am ready to release a playable version I will make a new thread available.

DigiurgeCreations

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
Update:

Had a few hours to work on some baseline images for Daisy's bedroom interactions. Here's a few sneak peaks at what that will be like. After viewing this renders, you may wonder if the game will be in First person so went ahead and included the Q&A on that.

Q - Is the game going to be in First Person POV?

A - There will be scenes in which you will have a first person POV like the examples below, but this will not be the case 100% of the time throughout the game, I will be changing the POV to 3rd person often to give everyone a complete view of the scene and everyone involved.

In fact, I will have more 3rd person views than first person views, but I do like to mix it up.

Last edited:

DigiurgeCreations

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
UPDATE:

I have some good news, but don't take this as if I'm going to have a playable version anytime soon.

1. I am currently at the stage where I have completed most of the asset gathering, character building, and set building. I am at a point where I can begin production.

2. I am currently out of the writing and planning stages and have begun writing the story and code into the ACTUAL game.

What this means is that you will start to see some actual progress on this project going towards an actual playable version of the game in the next few months.

The timing all depends on how much unpredictable private time I get, which is not a lot, so don't get your hopes up.

I just wanted to let you all know where I am at given the time that has already passed.

Here are a few renders I've completed in the mean-time. I can't wait until I have at least a version 0.1 up for you guys, til then I will continue to update with my progress.

DigiurgeCreations

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
any news?
As far as a time table or expectations for this project, I will give an example of the difference between the original project and the re-make.

Original: I was single and had a full time job, worked on the project everyday and made a full (in-game day) update once a month.

Re-make: I am not single and have a full time job, I work on this project about 1-3 times a month for about 2-3 hours at the most (if I am lucky).

That said, any progress is better than no progress, so I will continue to do what I can with the time I have.

On the bright side, once I move into a house next summer I will move my computer from an open area to an enclosed office like room so that I can have more security and privacy.

UPDATE:

I've been working on the first scene in which Angel is already leaving her home town and is approached by two guys at a bus stop.

This scene will be much different than the original and is the way that I introduce her telling the two guys about her home life, why she's running away etc.

The opening scene, once past the introduction of Angel and her background, will then transition into the bus ride to California where these guys and more lull Angel to sleep only to take advantage of the situation and give her a surprise she didn't expect after waking up. :)

DigiurgeCreations

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
UPDATE:

Sorry for the delay, a lot has been going on. I know that's not what you all want to hear, but life has a funny way of butting in on your plans.

I don't have a playable version yet, and I'm not sure at this point I'll be able to even continue the project.

I've had some medical issues come up along with my relationships causing unforeseen choices and issues in my life.

I did make some progress however and I'd at least like to share some of that with you all. At this point the project is on hold, but it may just be temporary. I will update again and try to answer any questions anyone may have.

Here's a sneak preview of the bus scene when Angel is harassed by two old pervs. During this part, you'll be able to decided how far you allow these pervs to go (up to a certain point of course, this is an early scene in the game)

4.00 star(s) 8 Votes