Unity Completed Angel Under Prototype [v1.0.0] [BabusGames]

4.70 star(s) 13 Votes

Babus

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2018
Dev here!

Thank you guys for your amazing kindness! Reading your comments is pretty uplifting!

Is this really a finished v1.0 or just an early v.001a_demo?
Or is this game a prototype?
It's the earliest of the earliest non-finished demo game-jam prototype. My code boy and me were just giving a try at making an action game, which is unexplored territory for us. Now that we've seen the good response it has received, we are going to develop a serious, scalable version of it.

I don't know if Babus does their own art or gets commissions done, but I swear that's Kinkymation's art...
All the art in the prototype is mine, although I use a lot of references from a lot of artists! Curiously Kinkymation wasn't one of them, but I can clearly see the similarities lol.

The art is cute, game feels nice to play. I can see the Neon Abyss inspiration and thats a good thing haha. Keeping an eye on this for sure!
Neon Abyss was indeed one of the main references! :D

Babus here are my feedback:
game looks good has potential,
neat features like that time escape, and missions(y)

will the h part only be in the comics?

and suggestions:
first of. the game needs a save function between rounds

different maps (preferably randomized). also be able to repeat previous rounds

for more h how about adding spirit animations and sex attacks for special mini bosses or monster
or just game over cgs/comics;)

maybe more player characters to choose from with different weapons and special abilities
(if that's not too much work...)
Thank you for your feedback!
About the h parts, it will be probably be in more places than in the comics, but I can't say for sure. I still have a lot of design decisions to make before. :')

Is this a lose to get scenes type game?
Nope! (Or at the very least, not for now)

Last edited:

TheErmac

Sep 27, 2018
Ok so after playing it here are my thoughts
The artstyle is pretty cool, the story gives a good enough taste for it to make me want to know more. I really like the gameplay. The dificulty is on point. The possibility for different maps look great. the aesthetic of the enemies feel all varied, though I feel like the 2 charging enemies should have something else to differenciate them other than just the skull for an armor (maybe one can jump to follow you while it's not charging, while the other has armor? Who knows). I would say reduce the size of the Shotgun bullets a little bit, just because right now it feels like a straight upgrade from the begginning gun. Some jumps felt a little too tight for my liking as well, but those are more of an bother during battle, not so much just getting from place to place (main example is the cube close to the teleporter in the square room, trying to get to it via the lower platforms is a bit more dificult than I feel like it should be).

Overall the game has A LOT of potential, and I would like to see it grow.

Reactions: Babus

Comisar

Nov 11, 2017
My man's gonna flip when he finds out what Rougelites are.
I'm not here to play Stoneshard, if i wanted that i wouldn't been this site that's for sure. It's funny, not even on an adult-game site u can get away from the "ol wise game philosophers" who impart their wisdom without anyone ever asking a damn thing from them....
Nobody said that i want "mindless jerkoff material" but you have an hour of play ( if you haven't played this stile in a long time) and about 10 seconds of hentai comics pictures all together..... And this is just the promo, i assume that until she's 100% corrupted you have at least double that time of frustrating grind.... With 0 warnings about "NO SAVES IN THIS GAME"
Yeah, i'll get right on that. In that kind of situation not only i would spend a dime on this game but i wouldn't play if i'm paid to do it.
But hey, to each his own.

AleHej

Sep 2, 2020
I found a bug. When you fully upgrade a weapon and the complete mission rewarding you with weapon upgrade, you can no longer shoot even when you switch weapon.

Anaë Yuurei

Oct 1, 2018
I found a bug. When you fully upgrade a weapon and the complete mission rewarding you with weapon upgrade, you can no longer shoot even when you switch weapon.
For dev, it's inFireRoutine of your PlayerWeapon object. Looks like you're not setting it back to 0 if level is > 5...

Last edited:
Reactions: OnyxShadow

Micmck

Feb 8, 2020
I'm a pretty big fan of platform shooters and I just finished playing this game. Overall I'm a huge fan of whats shown so far :D I love the way the game flows :love: there were some things I did notice that some other players apparently noticed as well that probably should be implemented into the game or "fixed" (fixed being my opinion not necessarily a problem :p and I am aware this is a prototype and some of these things you probably are already aware of anyway and plan to add in the future and if thats the case please feel free to ignore this :D)

1. I do agree on the size of the shotgun bullets needing to be smaller (the thing noticed by other players) otherwise it just negates the viability of the starting weapon and the shotgun becomes the OP weapon of choice for all players OR you could possible have the starting weapon gain increased Rate of fire and/or Range as it levels up to keep it viable along with the shotgun so its more of a matter of preference of playstyle rather than which has a better DPS output altogether (but again my opinion :D).

2. Implementing some sort of save state in between rounds or using your built up currency (or a different form of currency tied to the amount of rounds you win) to "buy back" some of your upgrades in the unfortunate case you die to either an enemy (aka normally) or an accidental "oh no I took a micro step back and landed in a pile of spikes when I only had 1 hp left" (aka something I would do :ROFLMAO:).

Anywho these are all my opinions so far and this is a fantastic prototype and can't wait to see what you do with the project as a whole :giggle: keep up the good work :D(y)

Babus

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2018
Thanks for the bug reports, guys, but don't worry too much about them! It was just a prototype, it was bound to have them. Right now we have to build the game "seriously", which means remaking all the code, and producing a lot better stable version.

Is there a way to change the controls?
That's one of the most asked features, so we will include it in the first iteration.

I'm a pretty big fan of platform shooters and I just finished playing this game. Overall I'm a huge fan of whats shown so far :D I love the way the game flows :love: there were some things I did notice that some other players apparently noticed as well that probably should be implemented into the game or "fixed" (fixed being my opinion not necessarily a problem :p and I am aware this is a prototype and some of these things you probably are already aware of anyway and plan to add in the future and if thats the case please feel free to ignore this :D)

1. I do agree on the size of the shotgun bullets needing to be smaller (the thing noticed by other players) otherwise it just negates the viability of the starting weapon and the shotgun becomes the OP weapon of choice for all players OR you could possible have the starting weapon gain increased Rate of fire and/or Range as it levels up to keep it viable along with the shotgun so its more of a matter of preference of playstyle rather than which has a better DPS output altogether (but again my opinion :D).

2. Implementing some sort of save state in between rounds or using your built up currency (or a different form of currency tied to the amount of rounds you win) to "buy back" some of your upgrades in the unfortunate case you die to either an enemy (aka normally) or an accidental "oh no I took a micro step back and landed in a pile of spikes when I only had 1 hp left" (aka something I would do :ROFLMAO:).

Anywho these are all my opinions so far and this is a fantastic prototype and can't wait to see what you do with the project as a whole :giggle: keep up the good work :D(y)

Thank you a lot for your kind review, it means a lot! <3

In regards of the shotgun, there's a division of the players in this matter. Generally they think it's too OP (like my coder) or that it's useless (like myself). We'll have to study this weapon a bit more.

Yes, the save option has also been very asked for. We are not really sure if it's something we should go for, though, as we are striving for a more roguelike feel, but I can totally understand the frustration it may produce. It's something we are giving a lot of thought for the first iteration, so I hope we come up with a good solution.

Cheers!

Anarkissed

Oct 14, 2020
damn, this is awesome. artstyle is great and the gameplay actually got me hooked, I'd love to play more of this.
i'm really curious as to what the story is

• Red Heart

lezz

Jan 25, 2021
I personally find the shotgun to not be good. While the damage is not bad it's range is way too short. Probably won't use it at all

Oct 29, 2017
The only thing I think needs changed is the controls. You should add a configuration feature because it's hard to navigate.

PlasmaWisp

Jan 25, 2018
With the interest being there, I hope this goes beyond being a prototype and look forward to seeing when it starts to develop!

4.70 star(s) 13 Votes