Collection Video Animo Pron Collection [2023-10-13] [AnimoPron]

4.70 star(s) 9 Votes
Oct 23, 2022
You all realize this project is nothing more than a "Demo Reel" to showcase his talent as a creator beyond videos to recruit fresh supporters (like me) and potential collaborations down the line, right? I think we're all old enough to remember he's abandoned working exclusively on this now twice in favor of Lara-Horse and BTQ (as posted in his blog, years old videos and members posts). As for the release, bare bones is basically what this is... if that.

Meanwhile...

>a test build was mentioned in a Sept 22 post only to never be mentioned again until May 23 after being 2 months late
>he posted gif after gif implying "look at whats coming in the upcoming release" only to release a nude walking simulator
>none of the earlier "look at me" posts are in the game outside of the few dated Mar-May 23 like the totem and horse

This is the third time he's been at this juncture from reading through the posts. It took that many times to get something more than a "walk along the beach and player controlled horse riding video" posted on nearly ever r34 site that's years old at this point. He's (or his implied team) are in over their heads with this and the teaser shows just that. The trailer is merely hype for a product that doesn't exist... and will never I think. Games like this have already been done through re skinning and mods from more polished games. This just seems like a UE/Unity knockoff. The thousands of subs he's lost since finishing BTQ would agree I think. It's hard for me to support him monthly anymore going forward after his latest "bait and switches" given from the members/free previews to this release.

You all honestly think this "game" is gonna be maintained let alone updated in the coming months, if not years, all leading to a eventual complete game? Sure... and AP stands for AnimoPron and not "Always Postpone".

Kintaroe

Apr 5, 2019
You all realize this project is nothing more than a "Demo Reel" to showcase his talent as a creator beyond videos to recruit fresh supporters (like me) and potential collaborations down the line, right? I think we're all old enough to remember he's abandoned working exclusively on this now twice in favor of Lara-Horse and BTQ (as posted in his blog, years old videos and members posts). As for the release, bare bones is basically what this is... if that.

Meanwhile...

>a test build was mentioned in a Sept 22 post only to never be mentioned again until May 23 after being 2 months late
>he posted gif after gif implying "look at whats coming in the upcoming release" only to release a nude walking simulator
>none of the earlier "look at me" posts are in the game outside of the few dated Mar-May 23 like the totem and horse

This is the third time he's been at this juncture from reading through the posts. It took that many times to get something more than a "walk along the beach and player controlled horse riding video" posted on nearly ever r34 site that's years old at this point. He's (or his implied team) are in over their heads with this and the teaser shows just that. The trailer is merely hype for a product that doesn't exist... and will never I think. Games like this have already been done through re skinning and mods from more polished games. This just seems like a UE/Unity knockoff. The thousands of subs he's lost since finishing BTQ would agree I think. It's hard for me to support him monthly anymore going forward after his latest "bait and switches" given from the members/free previews to this release.

You all honestly think this "game" is gonna be maintained let alone updated in the coming months, if not years, all leading to a eventual complete game? Sure... and AP stands for AnimoPron and not "Always Postpone".
yeah nice fkin essay, u think any of these words u just typed here will change anything? I dont think so lol

Mordona

Confused Demoness
Donor
Dec 1, 2017
I think its what Animo marketed that has people in a tizzy over it. This is basically a proof of concept release, but it was marketed as a demo. That misleads expectations which is never a good thing to a paying or potential paying audience. Recently MateyDev released pretty much the same thing with Project Extermination: Groundzeroes but was clear its a proof of concept and was much more warmly received. Granted its on its own step on polishing but it didn't have the pretty environmentals on its first release like Animo's game here.

Reactions: vutaboss

Yustu

May 22, 2018
AGLover I don't want to be "that" guy but:

1. did You sign any contract / EULA ?
2. did that contract specified kind of purchased product ?
3. did that contract specified scope of delivery and time ?

Obviously not.

Don't get me wrong I understand that You most likely want, like many others, myself included, for the full game to be already finished, without bugs, and with all features that were demoed during past year, but that won't happen.

Personally I suspect 1 year, if not more, will be required to deliver what they plan. And most likely AP will need to hire additional UE dev.

Granted I may be mistaken, but that all depends on actual current progress and AP didn't shared any informations regarding that, just some game play video out of the context, that shows just small part or some functionality, that should be finally in the game. Also it is unknown at what state of actual development that "teaser" is, like is it early build that was done few month ago or current codebase ?

Going back to original subject AGLover You did know, like many other supporters, that supporting some creator is not same as purchasing product from them directly. If You want finished product then look what creator currently have and then sub for 1 month and download everything and unsub - it is just that simple. Otherwise You do support development of whatever content creator does. AP, AFAIKT, did stated that next project is game so at that point You should just unsub if You don't want to support development of such content. Again supporters are just that financial supporters of content creator to support them.

Going back to the game to me the main problem is this credit page:

1685811432413.png
There is only 1 dev in the team. Depending on how skilled that person is with UE it is possible to have all boilerplate already done and now it is just a matter of time when this all is put together but from this POC (lets be honest here it is not a demo it is POC) and huge amount of bugs that I encountered and some of them are for some of the simple stuff I don't have high hopes. Personally I want to be mistaken on that one :).

Oct 23, 2022
AGLover I don't want to be "that" guy but:

1. did You sign any contract / EULA ?

2. did that contract specified kind of purchased product ?

3. did that contract specified scope of delivery and time ?

Obviously not.

Don't get me wrong I understand that You most likely want, like many others, myself included, for the full game to be already finished, without bugs, and with all features that were demoed during past year, but that won't happen.

Personally I suspect 1 year, if not more, will be required to deliver what they plan. And most likely AP will need to hire additional UE dev.

Granted I may be mistaken, but that all depends on actual current progress and AP didn't shared any informations regarding that, just some game play video out of the context, that shows just small part or some functionality, that should be finally in the game. Also it is unknown at what state of actual development that "teaser" is, like is it early build that was done few month ago or current codebase ?

Going back to original subject AGLover You did know, like many other supporters, that supporting some creator is not same as purchasing product from them directly. If You want finished product then look what creator currently have and then sub for 1 month and download everything and unsub - it is just that simple. Otherwise You do support development of whatever content creator does. AP, AFAIKT, did stated that next project is game so at that point You should just unsub if You don't want to support development of such content. Again supporters are just that financial supporters of content creator to support them.

Going back to the game to me the main problem is this credit page:

1685811432413.png

There is only 1 dev in the team. Depending on how skilled that person is with UE it is possible to have all boilerplate already done and now it is just a matter of time when this all is put together but from this POC (lets be honest here it is not a demo it is POC) and huge amount of bugs that I encountered and some of them are for some of the simple stuff I don't have high hopes. Personally I want to be mistaken on that one :).
To answer all 3:
>no contract was signed though I paid for completed content, not endless WIPs
>completed content was heavily implied though not released with the "game"
>the game's progress was grossly over represented through words, pictures, gifs and videos
>release was given in Nov 22 for Q1 2023 (Jan-Mar) and later surpassed by 2 months with no explanation other than "we're working hard"

The 72 dollars I supported from May 22 to May 23 was not worth what I got in return for it. Perhaps I joined at bad time, but it was under the guise of this game was going to be something other than a "walking sim" with a cartoon-movement like Nude Raider skin from 2012. 6 dollars is a trivial amount, yes, but I still maintain even that was not worth the (promised, implied or released) content provided on a monthly basis. Mind you, I started feeling this way sometime into the Q1 release window. This after the mountain of " lols", "games gonna take years" and "same old shit delay-P" posts were too much to ignore. That's when I took to here, the blog and reading his past members posts about previous releases. The more I read, the more I saw the same kinda posts from both sides and just how crazy some of his releases were.

A year to make BTQ 4. 14 months to make BTQ 5. Nearly 6 months to combine BTQ 1-5 into a seamless video. Another 6 months or so to make 2 5 minute bonuses. Then it was on the game now full time (and when I joined right after his pause and announcement of doing the game full time). And finally another 6 months to make a 4 minute hype video that current release looks nothing like outside of a crazy bloom effect and falling through the floor at random times. I didn't know then that it was in "inactive" development for years! And that was from the MEGA folder I found here that contained older previews from the game and those at random r34 sites. Sure, it's concept is great... but it was implied it was to be a playable game. No teaser. No "walking" demo. But a some kind of game with sex scenes like he heavily implied with both previews and gifs on a near weekly basis at times. This teaser was rushed, late by 2-5 months depending on your Q1 23 definition and I think it was just used to stop people from complaining. His wording in the latest post show just how far behind they are with actually doing what his trailers and gifs showed. Just like nearly all his video releases.

I get these things take time. He's not the first to hype, or the last. I now know that:
>all his stuff is readily free both here and other places (but I still chose to support even after because I bought in to the premises of a game)
>nearly all his video releases were plagued with near carbon copy delays of the same variety like following a flowchart (do you not learn from project to project)
>his blog is pure cancer and seems to be locked thankfully (maybe that will be stopped but I doubt it)
>he once peaked at 10+K subs a month doing this, but now around 4K and one has to wonder why so many left (lack of releases or people just being feed up)

In the end, its not worth supporting him for me and thousands have felt that way over the last 2 years or so. Will I return my support? Probably not given his history with releases and actual progress rather than hype and "token" delays as many have called them with the videos. Still, I thank you for not attacking me and actually having a discussion in forum about a topic we support at various, and opposite, ends it seems.

Yustu

May 22, 2018
AGLover This is the problem with dev especially with game dev. Everyone thinks ok I can do 3D + animation the rest is easy part well it is not. If You have skilled dev. then yes it can be done, in parts, and will progress smoothly, but I didn't seen senior devs who actually could develop game (with spec that AP presented) under 1 year. There is of course other problem i.e. skills of animator / 3D artists and dev. Are those matched or not? This will cause delays either on dev or graphics side of things.

But I think that the there are 2 main problems here:

1. supporters being hyped and obviously most don't have dev experience so they can't judge if what, in this case AP, tells is true or not

2. over estimation with deadline from AP side and not conveying good enough what current status is. I did seen those generic post like "mocap is ready" etc. but those are statements out of the whole project scope context. What did actually mean ? Does mocap for portion is done or for whole project? Is mocap just small part or actually AP did performed all those animations that we seen in game and that means that all animations are mocaped and done ?

Personally I was mostly on dev side of things and we usually did not estimations but "guesstimations". By this I mean we did just guessed how long it will take individual dev to make a thing and then mostly rushed (well not always, like 20% of the time, but it happened) and fixed anything afterwards, so client was happy and seen progress. The main problem is obviously if You fuk up at core level and that causes re-write for large portion of the code and if that happened we did either conveyed this to the client or just created some dummy tasks that were not completely understood by the client or overestimated other tasks and made corrections under that task.

Communication - this is key. If You as creator can keep up with deadlines then You don't need to communicate much just set expected deadline and / or timeline / release window and if You can keep it up then there is basically no need to communicate to people anything. Otherwise You will most likely to communicate what happens behind the scene to keep people informed and happy. Maybe also change release strategy i.e. instead of one release for the entire project divide it into chunks - and that's what most do, unfortunately not AP and seeing that "demo" aka POC now I understand why they did it that way. As the supporter look for those don't support ad-hoc just keep Your time bookmark creator and get back after 1 month and see what was shared to the public and then decide.

On personal note other example is Calyos NSG S0 - this is passively cooled case for up to 500W IIRC. It was supposed to release 2018-2019 and it failed... hard. Lucky for me I didn't backed it up.

All of above teached me to:

1. research entities behind whatever You want to financially support
2. don't buy to hype - be pessimist
3. ask questions and see if those are replied to or if there is any kind of communication
4. think what You want to get in return
5. is all of this worth it for You

At the end of the day those are Your money and more or less You will roll the die if, or not, support.

As stated before I personally also like the concept of the game and what I seen on videos and I hope AP will succeed with their attempt but I don't buy to the hype and being here realistic (IMHO 1 dev is not enoght to deliver it withing next year, assuming that the demo contains most of the work - and again I hope it is old build).

Reactions: HornySensei

RodFo

Mar 30, 2020
Found his posts for 2020, when I was still supporting him, I think he was already doing two maps, presented different mechanics... Does anyone have an archive with all the previews of the game? Just want to see again what the game should end up.
This is what I had XD -

Oct 23, 2022
AGLover This is the problem with dev especially with game dev. Everyone thinks ok I can do 3D + animation the rest is easy part well it is not. If You have skilled dev. then yes it can be done, in parts, and will progress smoothly, but I didn't seen senior devs who actually could develop game (with spec that AP presented) under 1 year. There is of course other problem i.e. skills of animator / 3D artists and dev. Are those matched or not? This will cause delays either on dev or graphics side of things.

But I think that the there are 2 main problems here:

1. supporters being hyped and obviously most don't have dev experience so they can't judge if what, in this case AP, tells is true or not

2. over estimation with deadline from AP side and not conveying good enough what current status is. I did seen those generic post like "mocap is ready" etc. but those are statements out of the whole project scope context. What did actually mean ? Does mocap for portion is done or for whole project? Is mocap just small part or actually AP did performed all those animations that we seen in game and that means that all animations are mocaped and done ?

Personally I was mostly on dev side of things and we usually did not estimations but "guesstimations". By this I mean we did just guessed how long it will take individual dev to make a thing and then mostly rushed (well not always, like 20% of the time, but it happened) and fixed anything afterwards, so client was happy and seen progress. The main problem is obviously if You fuk up at core level and that causes re-write for large portion of the code and if that happened we did either conveyed this to the client or just created some dummy tasks that were not completely understood by the client or overestimated other tasks and made corrections under that task.

Communication - this is key. If You as creator can keep up with deadlines then You don't need to communicate much just set expected deadline and / or timeline / release window and if You can keep it up then there is basically no need to communicate to people anything. Otherwise You will most likely to communicate what happens behind the scene to keep people informed and happy. Maybe also change release strategy i.e. instead of one release for the entire project divide it into chunks - and that's what most do, unfortunately not AP and seeing that "demo" aka POC now I understand why they did it that way. As the supporter look for those don't support ad-hoc just keep Your time bookmark creator and get back after 1 month and see what was shared to the public and then decide.

On personal note other example is Calyos NSG S0 - this is passively cooled case for up to 500W IIRC. It was supposed to release 2018-2019 and it failed... hard. Lucky for me I didn't backed it up.

All of above teached me to:

1. research entities behind whatever You want to financially support

2. don't buy to hype - be pessimist

3. ask questions and see if those are replied to or if there is any kind of communication

4. think what You want to get in return

5. is all of this worth it for You

At the end of the day those are Your money and more or less You will roll the die if, or not, support.

As stated before I personally also like the concept of the game and what I seen on videos and I hope AP will succeed with their attempt but I don't buy to the hype and being here realistic (IMHO 1 dev is not enoght to deliver it withing next year, assuming that the demo contains most of the work - and again I hope it is old build).
False. The problem with AP is his obsession in generating hype about "what-ifs" and "if I could just get this work, I could..." rather than releasing a complete and on time project. He has been this way for as long I can trace back within SubscribeStar. No longer able to and thankfully as my term as ended. His blog only goes back so far too, but one can read the headline posts and see the amount of fluff posted between delays. One also has to ask, does he even write these messages and posts. Many, many times both blog and members posts would contradict, or even post something entirely different altogether. Fine as I'd expect members be more access to levels of development... given that they're correct which many times, they were and still not.

There is "guesstimation" when it comes to AP, or his team. He/They have used this exact same method for nearly every release and I can not hammer that point home enough. How do you encounter and then post the EXACT same delay for the very next episode of BTQ? Did you not learn from your mistakes? Is the method for rendering flawed? Was something wrong with the edit or animation? I'm not looking for every second, every detail updates... BUT I am looking for truthful updates that coincidence with reality... unlike many of his supporters both troll, momentary backers and otherwise.

I can not tell you the amount of times rendering started/stopped and cycled again in the later episodes of BTQ. From reading, you assume it was for different parts of the video, but presented as "we-are-starting-day-one" edits. Same went for this game release and the motion capture... which is laughable at best in terms of reality. Why not post a picture of that instead of some months old gif taken from the "Thumb Drive of Obscurity"? It was stated many times alone on the blog that "started/stopped/needed more/staring again/all done" posts were given, or implied Nearly each ignoring the past update or confusing it even more. Again, ALL different from the paying area update.

As for communication, I think I've covered that enough. He doesn't and when he does, it's a walk-back to an ignore to some hype to a restart to here ya go months late... NOW CLAP peasant and bask in my glory!

Last edited by a moderator:

HORZEKOK

Aug 2, 2020
False. The problem with AP is his obsession in generating hype about "what-ifs" and "if I could just get this work, I could..." rather than releasing a complete and on time project. He has been this way for as long I can trace back within SubscribeStar. No longer able to and thankfully as my term as ended. His blog only goes back so far too, but one can read the headline posts and see the amount of fluff posted between delays. One also has to ask, does he even write these messages and posts. Many, many times both blog and members posts would contradict, or even post something entirely different altogether. Fine as I'd expect members be more access to levels of development... given that they're correct which many times, they were and still not.

There is "guesstimation" when it comes to AP, or his team. He/They have used this exact same method for nearly every release and I can not hammer that point home enough. How do you encounter and then post the EXACT same delay for the very next episode of BTQ? Did you not learn from your mistakes? Is the method for rendering flawed? Was something wrong with the edit or animation? I'm not looking for every second, every detail updates... BUT I am looking for truthful updates that coincidence with reality... unlike many of his supporters both troll, momentary backers and otherwise.

I can not tell you the amount of times rendering started/stopped and cycled again in the later episodes of BTQ. From reading, you assume it was for different parts of the video, but presented as "we-are-starting-day-one" edits. Same went for this game release and the motion capture... which is laughable at best in terms of reality. Why not post a picture of that instead of some months old gif taken from the "Thumb Drive of Obscurity"? It was stated many times alone on the blog that "started/stopped/needed more/staring again/all done" posts were given, or implied Nearly each ignoring the past update or confusing it even more. Again, ALL different from the paying area update.

As for communication, I think I've covered that enough. He doesn't and when he does, it's a walk-back to an ignore to some hype to a restart to here ya go months late... NOW CLAP peasant and bask in my glory!
Don't forget you're on a horsefucking porn site, Sir.

pmatulka

Sep 1, 2019
Found his posts for 2020, when I was still supporting him, I think he was already doing two maps, presented different mechanics... Does anyone have an archive with all the previews of the game? Just want to see again what the game should end up.
Game related things posted in patreon from 2019 to 2020.
That's all I have. Hope anyone can share more. :)

RodFo

Mar 30, 2020
So, I found a folder with all the previews of the game, and it's supposed to be a top product. The most important thing is that Animopron already has almost the whole game ready, and these delays he made are not made to finish 50% of the game and release the final version in 2 years.

Reactions: True Harp and ryxp

Retts

Dec 17, 2018
What is the plan he do after the game^
My opinion is this: if he's serious about this game, he probably doesn't have any plan after the game yet, because this will last for a long time. A completed 1.0 version of the game will come out in a couple of years minimum, IF at all. In the mean time, he will keep updating the game, polishing, fixing glitches and bugs (which are huge for now), adding content and sex animations. IF he is serious of course, otherwise he will just drop the project half finished, wasting years of development and wait. Call me a pessimist.
Short answer: nothing new on the horizon but this game, so if you're not interested in this, well I'm sorry for you, forget about Animopron and come back in maybe a year.

Sources: I made it the fuck up. But you'll have to admit it's a very good take.

4.70 star(s) 9 Votes