HTML [Anlatan] NovelAI [all fetishes] - AI-powered storyteller

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016

1624462867244.png
is an AI storyteller / text generator that's currently in paid open beta phase.

It works like a collaborative writing exercise: You enter text, press send, and the AI continues your story for you for a couple of sentences. Rinse and repeat.

You might actually have heard of AIDungeon, NAI's competitor, who recently had multiple scandals/controversies, ranging from a disastrously implemented censorship filter and subsequent accusations of hypocrisy when its finetuning data was analyzed, to major privacy concerns, with the developers openly admitting to accessing user stories. Obviously, users were pissed, and some competitors spawned - enter NovelAI.
Due to the above situation, NAI's core philosophy seems to be privacy. I encourage you to still read the yourself, but they seem to pretty clearly state that the above will not and can not happen to NAI.

NAI's open beta launched on June 16th, and after some hiccups the service seems to be stable now, with devs openly communicating their progress on both and , as well as a .
Due to the costs of hosting and maintaining an AI model, as well as the absence of ads on their site, their service is paid:

Subscription Tiers:
Tablet:
10$ / month
Scroll: 15$ / month
Opus: 25$ / month

For details of what the tiers do, refer to the FAQs on the aforementioned platforms. Also, be aware that "there are currently no plans for a free version of NovelAI at this time".
These tiers should not be confused with tiers though, since Patreon tiers don't give access to the service, they are purely donations to support the devs.
What I will say about the sub tiers is that there are two AI models, with Sigurd being the one to soon replace Calliope for all users. Currently though, Sigurd is an experimental feature for Opus subscribers.

Also please note that despite me posting this in an NSFW context, NAI is openly distancing themselves from user content. This means they are not hosting/promoting it on any official channels. Thus the game is theoretically SFW, although you are obviously free to write whatever you want in your stories, and well, the AI will continue whatever you give it, no matter SFW or NSFW status (the finetuning data even includes some literotica as far as I'm aware). But do keep that in mind when discussing the game elsewhere.

Now some formalities:
Controls are mouse for the UI, and keyboard for writing, although I do remember hearing something about hotkeys.
Fetishes included: pretty much whatever you give it. Mainstream stuff that is likely included in the finetuning data works best ofc, but you can give sort of "stage directions" with the author notes and []-brackets, read up on the or various socials posts on how to optimize your outputs. I've had luck with some very niche stuff that way on Sigurd.

UKB:
RW:
Kalmarr's Wiki:
Rinter's wiki:
Rentry collection of modules:
Rentry collection of Lorebooks:
Rentry collection of settings:
The Unofficial Novel AI Knowledge Base
Unofficial Novel AI Community Repository
Official Website

Last edited:

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
You can train AI to be more your fetish friendly and generate content you want!

Custom modules are now available!

We've added support for custom modules for all tiers. Opus tier accounts can train and export new custom modules for up to 8000 steps a month, and accounts of all tiers can import those modules. AI Modules directly influence the behavior of the AI by reserving and inserting a small amount of non-text tokens at the start of your context. The training data used for modules heavily changes the style and content of the AI output. Modules can be imported from the import button in the options tab or by dragging them into the editor. Experiment with different modules to get a feel for them!

More about modules can be read here:

trurebel1

May 2, 2020
So happy NovelAI was born from the ashes of AID while its true sigurd isnt as powerful as peak dragon was it is completely uncensored which is amazing. It's good for the occasional quick fap prompt but long term stories can take alot of work. Regardless i subscribed to the $25 to support them, I don't mind waiting a year or two for them to get their hands on a more powerful GPT model and train it. It's gonna be glorious once we can get a completely uncensored 10T+ GPT model.

Reactions: CobraPL

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
Yes, peak Dragon WAS better. No matter what NAI fanboys claim. Don't get me wrong, I deleted AID account, issued refund (successful on 2 days), sent GDPR and use and support NAI Opus. Just I miss quality of old Dragon.
NAI is dependant on EleutherAI's scientific work. Both NAI and EAI work hard, we just need to wait (invest?) for larger models.

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
I'm not Opustier, only scrolltier.
How can I add your module? Will I be able to train it?
New story, options, import.
No, for training you need both Opus account and training data - carefully prepared TXT files.

cleanfeel

Jun 16, 2017
Can you share a short gif on current gameplay? I don't want to spend time and money on something without seeing that it has actual value and potential.

Apr 18, 2021
Can you share a short gif on current gameplay? I don't want to spend time and money on something without seeing that it has actual value and potential.
Seems to just be a text generating tool. There are some reviews on Youtube

Last edited:

Pretentious Goblin

Conversation Conqueror
Nov 3, 2017
My AID budget went to Patreon after Latitude went full mor(m)on, but I think I'll give this a try. Let's hope they don't follow the same pattern of "we're big enough now that we don't want to be associated with underage Shrek-pony gangbang stories or host that stuff on our servers".

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
LitErotica Scrape V1 Credits to: jorfl#2132
Here is a scrape of LitErotica top-rated stories in a format to train your own NovelAI modules by category, tag, and tags within categories.
You can use this pre-prepared text data to train custom modules on whatever your fetish is. You can just download this zip file, and use whichever .txt file you want that matches your fetish to train a module. Zip file (341MB of text files):

Format of zip file:
/By Category/Category - <Category>.txt ~1000 of the top-rated stories in each category. This should be your go-to.
/By Tag/Tag - <Tag>.txt Top-rated stories by tag.
/By Category With Specific Tag/Category With Specific Tag - <Category> - <Tag>.txt

You can use this to focus on your fetish within a category. Eg BDSM anal. Categories: Anal BDSM

Celebrities & Fan Fiction Chain Stories Erotic Couplings Erotic Horror Exhibitionist & Voyeur Fetish First Time Gay Male Group Sex How To Humor & Satire Illustrated Incest/Taboo Interracial Love Lesbian Sex Letters & Transcripts Loving Wives Mature Mind Control Non-Erotic NonConsent/Reluctance NonHuman Novels and Novellas Reviews & Essays Romance Sci-Fi & Fantasy Toys & Masturbation Transgender & Crossdressers

Reactions: drone4of2

blacklord

Jul 26, 2017
LitErotica Scrape V1 Credits to: jorfl#2132
Here is a scrape of LitErotica top-rated stories in a format to train your own NovelAI modules by category, tag, and tags within categories.
You can use this pre-prepared text data to train custom modules on whatever your fetish is. You can just download this zip file, and use whichever .txt file you want that matches your fetish to train a module. Zip file (341MB of text files):

Format of zip file:
/By Category/Category - <Category>.txt ~1000 of the top-rated stories in each category. This should be your go-to.
/By Tag/Tag - <Tag>.txt Top-rated stories by tag.
/By Category With Specific Tag/Category With Specific Tag - <Category> - <Tag>.txt

You can use this to focus on your fetish within a category. Eg BDSM anal. Categories: Anal BDSM

Celebrities & Fan Fiction Chain Stories Erotic Couplings Erotic Horror Exhibitionist & Voyeur Fetish First Time Gay Male Group Sex How To Humor & Satire Illustrated Incest/Taboo Interracial Love Lesbian Sex Letters & Transcripts Loving Wives Mature Mind Control Non-Erotic NonConsent/Reluctance NonHuman Novels and Novellas Reviews & Essays Romance Sci-Fi & Fantasy Toys & Masturbation Transgender & Crossdressers
Where I can read some examples of generating stories? I'm not sure if it's worth it...

Reactions: dokodesuka

Ross_69

Feb 2, 2019
Sounds great as a concept, hope there will be a free alternative in the future, or at least one where you pay once to buy it instead of subscribing.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
Where I can read some examples of generating stories? I'm not sure if it's worth it...
There are two Discord servers focused on NSFW stuff:

Unofficial NSFW NovelAI

The first is public and can be found with a search, which is why I linked it. The second has a lot more resources (prompts, lorebooks, modlues, and stories) but isn't public so I won't link it here. But if you join the first, you can find a link to the second in its #communities channel.

Feb 3, 2020
Seems cool, but I don't have the money to pay for a text-generation service that costs at least 3 times more than an Amazon Prime subscription. I will follow its development though, hoping it doesn't end as that shitty game that I won't mention. If it doesn't end how that shitty game ended, I could consider subscribing to it in the future.

Reactions: Dingo139

Pretentious Goblin

Conversation Conqueror
Nov 3, 2017
It seems they encrypt everything they host (and you can opt out of hosting your stories with them), so that's already an improvement from that other one both from a privacy and a liability perspective.

Ross_69

Feb 2, 2019
Can someone describe what's wrong with AI Dungeon at the moment? Tried it out, and it seemed fine, NSFW content worked.

Is it just privacy concerns?

Reactions: gta1211 and Stev1