SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
The thing is, nobody is forcing you to do anything, are they?
So, if you're so set-against the beta and it does gets posted, maybe just don't play it?
I don't play it at all, I compress it for people to "enjoy". Then people think my compression is bad, which it isn't, but it's the "game". The "VN" is the one I keep and save.

Reactions: Zara Scarlet

doccop63

Oct 16, 2022
Jeez, you're a veritable bundle of laughs, aren't you?
Just telling the truth. I have several games in my library, compressed by a couple of people. SOL is right. By not doing compressions, it punishes those of us who are trying to build a library of games, just to stop a few asshats. Who, btw, could care less about how their actions affect others. They'd just move on to other games and fuck those up too.

Reactions: pleaseletme

Thickgravy49

Jul 24, 2017
Just telling the truth. I have several games in my library, compressed by a couple of people. SOL is right. By not doing compressions, it punishes those of us who are trying to build a library of games, just to stop a few asshats. Who, btw, could care less about how their actions affect others. They'd just move on to other games and fuck those up too.
What asshats? Who are you talking about? The people doing the compressing?

Thickgravy49

Jul 24, 2017
No, the people who post the bug ridden versions of games early, which is what the original topic was, if I'm not mistaken.
Okay, so if I'm understanding you correctly, you think that the people who would like to play it right now, shouldn't get the chance to do that, because you object?
Bit selfish, don't you think?

First time I've ever seen someone being generous enough to share labelled an asshat.
I'm hardly surprised the higher-tier patrons don't bother sharing with attitudes like yours.

And btw, I've played the 'Bug-ridden' update all the way through and guess what?
I didn't get any bugs at all.
Maybe you're the asshat?

doccop63

Oct 16, 2022
Okay, so if I'm understanding you correctly, you think that the people who would like to play it right now, shouldn't get the chance to do that, because you object?

First time I've ever seen someone being generous enough to share labelled an asshat.
I'm hardly surprised the higher-tier patrons don't bother sharing with attitudes like yours.

And btw, I've played the 'Bug-ridden' update all the way through and guess what?
Maybe you're the asshat?
APPARENTLY, you haven't read all of the gripes for the previous update AND I Never mentioned Anything about the beta version being buggy. I was Referring to those who downloaded the alpha version, which they did last time, that hadn't been tested for bugs. Even the dev warned the thread before they released it to the subscribers.
I have NO problems with people playing a game early if they want. Never mentioned that Either. Furthemore, it was You who suggested to SOL to stop compressing the game to solve the problem. I know that I certainly didn't type it. Even in jest, that's not a very funny thing to tell someone who takes their personal time to do something for the sake of the masses. My problem is that you have a few out there who don't care if the alpha version is buggy or not yet still download it to the thread. I'm sure that they know some of these people out there are impulsive and try to play it anyway. All I'm saying is that when they do that, it creates more confusion on the thread. The dev and modders have to go out of their way to explain, needlessly, that the alpha version is just that. The confusion creates even more anxiety among those waiting patiently as they try to figure out what's what.
I got NO problems with folks wanting to share the game early but, for respect to the devs, modders and the players, share the one that's been fairly well tested and not any old thing just because they Can. Seems simple enough to me.

Last edited:

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022

Maybe you're the asshat?
Often the very people who are the most impatient to play, are the ones who make the most noise if there are bugs which then prevent you from playing. So it's much better, to wait a few days, when most of the bugs are fixed. That's not being selfish, that's just being sensible.

Just because you don't get bugs, doesn't mean that many other people won't. It often depends on what choices you made through the game, the version of the operating system you're using and occasionally just random bad luck. If you wait for the beta version, when most bugs have been fixed, the chance of these things happening, is massively reduced.

Last edited:
Reactions: wildride69

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Why do you always assume the beta version is buggy?
I play the beta as soon as it comes out every time and I've not once had any bugs.

Personally, I think it has more to do with the fact that people try to use old saves and/or play the quests out of sequence.
Obviously, if you use the saves provided, than you have much less chance of issues, than if you don't. You are supposed to be able to use old saves in this game, it's just that the phone function often prevents it, in the sandbox version. This is because it was initially poorly implemented, which the Devs have openly admitted, and so far they haven't found a workable solution for it. Unfortunately, the saves provided by the Devs with each update, don't cover all of the possibilities in the game. They just allow you to access all the new content. But that means you can't customise your playthrough, which is an important aspect of the game, for a lot of people.

At the moment, the only way around this, is the VN version. Because this doesn't have the phone function, and therefore old saves usually work.

88stanford88

Aug 12, 2022
I always wait for the VN that is bug free and all old saves works like a champ
that's why really hope the HERO will share the VN here...

Reactions: LimitYok

Thickgravy49

Jul 24, 2017
APPARENTLY, you haven't read all of the gripes for the previous update AND I Never mentioned Anything about the beta version being buggy. I was Referring to those who downloaded the alpha version, which they did last time, that hadn't been tested for bugs. Even the dev warned the thread before they released it to the subscribers.
I have NO problems with people playing a game early if they want. Never mentioned that Either. Furthemore, it was You who suggested to SOL to stop compressing the game to solve the problem. I know that I certainly didn't type it. Even in jest, that's not a very funny thing to tell someone who takes their personal time to do something for the sake of the masses. My problem is that you have a few out there who don't care if the alpha version is buggy or not yet still download it to the thread. I'm sure that they know some of these people out there are impulsive and try to play it anyway. All I'm saying is that when they do that, it creates more confusion on the thread. The dev and modders have to go out of their way to explain, needlessly, that the alpha version is just that. The confusion creates even more anxiety among those waiting patiently as they try to figure out what's what.
I got NO problems with folks wanting to share the game early but, for respect to the devs, modders and the players, share the one that's been fairly well tested and not any old thing just because they Can. Seems simple enough to me.
It seems simple enough to me, as well.
Some folks on here want to play the beta version, but you and your pal quite obviously have your own little agenda in actively trying to discourage anyone from sharing it here.

And just to show that I'm not going to be intimidated by you, or your best mate, here's the link for anybody that wants it.

Just to clarify, I'm not asking , or 'forcing' ANYBODY to either play, or compress it.
Play at your own risk, yada, yada, etc, etc.

Last edited:

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
It seems simple enough to me, as well.
Some folks on here want to play the beta version, but you and your pal quite obviously have your own little agenda in actively trying to discourage anyone from sharing it here.

And just to show that I'm not going to be intimidated by you, or your best mate, here's the link for anybody that wants it.

Just to clarify, I'm not asking , or 'forcing' ANYBODY to either play, or compress this.
Play at your own risk, yada, yada, etc, etc.

Mega
I for one very much appreciate the link and your comment. If people want to play specific versions and someone has that version why shouldn't people be able to play it. Its outrageous to me if anyone is trying to restrict what people want to do as long as it doesn't hurt that person. If people know the version is beta or even alpha KNOWING there will be bugs and still want to play it, leave them THE F*** alone so they can.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Thickgravy49

Thickgravy49

Jul 24, 2017
I for one very much appreciate the link and your comment. If people want to play specific versions and someone has that version why shouldn't people be able to play it. Its outrageous to me if anyone is trying to restrict what people want to do as long as it doesn't hurt that person. If people know the version is beta or even alpha KNOWING there will be bugs and still want to play it, leave them THE F*** alone so they can.
I definitely appreciate it, mate.
There are one, or two people on here who seem to think they own the thread.
For me, it's just bullying and inimidation...Plain and simple.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
I always wait for the VN that is bug free and all old saves works like a champ
that's why really hope the HERO will share the VN here...
You could be waiting a while? The last two updates, it's been nearly 3 weeks after the VN version was released, before anyone provided links for it.

The problem is, the VN version is often released a day or so after, the bug-fixed beta version. And I'm guessing whoever provides the links for that, then disappears for a few weeks, having already played the update. Maybe you'll get lucky this time, and someone will provide the link immediately? But I wouldn't bet on it.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Maviarab
4.00 star(s) 133 Votes