Ric

Oct 21, 2016
So, let's have a think about this...

Patreon isn't any kind of store...
You've got guys producing a product and accepting payment, yet they say they're not selling anything...
Additionally, there are other guys sending the producer real money, yet they're not buying anything...

Mmm...:unsure::sneaky:
What's the difference?
If money's changing hands, it's a transaction.
Sorry, Goob, but I'm just not buying it(no pun intended).
The answer to all this has long been given. Read what crowdfunding is.

etc...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
"In the history of art, arts patronage refers to the support that kings, popes, and the wealthy have provided to artists such as musicians, painters, and sculptors."
Spend only $1 to become a king! What a time to be alive.

"Mr. Simoni, I, and by that I mean the Sacred College, am very pleased with the work that you've done so far in the Chapel. I am not here with ill contempt or to pressure you into something that surely takes time as well as God's blessings, but could you tell us when you'll be able to paint the second part of the ceiling?"

"Guiliano, or whatever your name is, you didn't buy me, okay? I am taking some time off to finish some very sexy statues. And your donation will only get you so far, capisce?"

"Ah, but what about the Sistine Chapel, Michelangelo? We can't open it to the public in this unfinished state!? I can call you Michelangelo, right?"

"Those things take time, old man. Perhaps if you would donate more, I'd consider buying a second brush. No promises though."

Thickgravy49

Jul 24, 2017
The fundamental understanding is wrong. Devs don't receive "payments" it is support/donations from people. In return some devs are willing to return the favor by sharing "beta" releases aka early-access to their supporters. Keep in mind they don't need to do that, they could release single renders or be quiet for 5+ years and hopefully release something then - no guaranty (see Gumdrop)!

I'm not a supporter of Deepsleep or any other dev out there. Supporting a dev with $1 - $5 per month is acceptable, everything above that is ridiculous imo, because the amount of money per update or development time isn't equal in terms of what you get in return.

As soon as the game has been officially published online to buy in a store for $20 - $30 it would be a fair price for me.

About piracy: I would be a hypocrite if I say it is piracy's fault for dev's low numbers of supporters, but it isn't always the case. Thanks to Unity's Analytics tool I know that approximate 90 to 100 thousand people worldwide play a certain game, even more for popular games as Milfy City, Summertime Saga etc. If every single player would donate a single buck as soon as they download the game a dev could easily survive. A buck per update looks reasonable compare to $25+ monthly. This way a dev still could renew his rig and maybe hire people for doing other tasks.

But even then, people would demand faster updates with more numbers of renders and animation and still would complain about "small" updates. They think it is enough to have a powerful rig to render, but it isn't! Render time isn't an issue at all, post-production is! Means, doing all the shitty work with Photoshop. And yes, many "successful" devs don't do that in their games (looking at you WVM - [Braindrop]).

Because of all of that I started to avoid playing update by update and pushed games further and further behind. Now I'm less "addicted" to games and updates as when I was waiting for each update - also, assist other game developer helped to get a better understanding how development (coding, render creating, etc.) works "behind the scene".

Sorry for the wall of text.. I simply wanted to get something off my chest which isn't directly pointed to you personally. :)
No problem, Cold.
I've no beef with you, or anything you've posted there.
But, still, I disagree.
Let's just leave it there, shall we?;)

Thickgravy49

Jul 24, 2017
The answer to all this has long been given. Read what crowdfunding is.

etc...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I know what crowdfunding is, but thanks for putting it in BIG letters for me, anyway.

Reactions: Gisgo

Ayame#1Fan

Nov 8, 2016
That's your interpretation of it.
I see it differently.
We'll have to agree to disagree.
No, that's the dictionary's definition of it by any dictionary in any language. So a donation by definition is not a purchase, it's charity. Not my interpretation.

Ric

Oct 21, 2016
I know what crowdfunding is, but thanks for putting it in BIG letters for me, anyway.
you are welcome
If you know everything, what is the point of discussing it. This system works, the author uses it. Power is only those who are willing to pay. As long as people pay everything will go on. It may like, may not like it, but it is and you just have to accept it. It’s even more pointless to discuss “what people pay for” on a pirate site, where by definition everyone wants to get everything for free. Any arguments for and arguments against do not matter on this forum...

Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019
Why say always Sunday so he thinks „yeah why not release it on Sunday“...
he said on discord not Wednesday and not Thursday still time left before your guys Sunday.

And yeah 1000 patreons maybe some special will come or something maybe he will make updates bigger or earlier haha

4.00 star(s) 135 Votes