Mar 3, 2020
Sorry for the delay; I mostly blame work.

I'll try to find it later. I have too many saves.
For now, here's the traceback.
Ah. Right. Speaking characters don't have to be real characters; they can just be arbitrary strings.

Attached is a possible fix (to be used instead of the other patch, not in addition to!). I don't have time to test it right now, but I will by this weekend. If it works out, I'll update the patch in the linked post.

Leo Humilis

May 4, 2020
this is often due to not being in a 1st world nation as a majority of the world uses android phones and tablets
I mostly use my android phone for communication and other utilitarian purposes (e.g. alarm clock, calendar, timer etc.) But I don't particularly enjoy things like surfing the web, playing games, doing word processing, graphic editing etc. with a small screen and no physical keyboard/mouse.

Reactions: maybe973

Erebus69

Mar 28, 2019
I mostly use my android phone for communication and other utilitarian purposes (e.g. alarm clock, calendar, timer etc.) But I don't particularly enjoy things like surfing the web, playing games, doing word processing, graphic editing etc. with a small screen and no physical keyboard/mouse.

I can't afford a pc
There you go Leo, first world vs the rest

Reactions: maybe973 and WSmith

Dank Quixote

Jan 1, 2019
Sorry for the delay; I mostly blame work.

Ah. Right. Speaking characters don't have to be real characters; they can just be arbitrary strings.

Attached is a possible fix (to be used instead of the other patch, not in addition to!). I don't have time to test it right now, but I will by this weekend. If it works out, I'll update the patch in the linked post.
I gave it a try. No crash!

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Semantic versioning is optional
Npm packages start at 1.0.0 by default, it's a matter of preference
Yes and now. For software development, you usually use one of the standards, semantic being the most used.
Doing complete software and npm modules/packs are different things altogether.

And most standards do start at 0.1 - where 0.1-0.3 are rarely seen by public, 0.4-0.6 are usually alphas, and 0.7-0.9 betas.

If you want to confuse people, use your own versioning but be prepared for some fucking confused or even annoyed people.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
this is often due to not being in a 1st world nation as a majority of the world uses android phones and tablets
That's partly bullcrap. You can get a computer cheaper than many tablets. Also, you can get a used PC.
Even a PC from 2010 would run Renpy games fine, as Renpy is based on Python 2.7 which is almost that old.

Reactions: maybe973

Ilikefeet324

Sep 30, 2020
Cool argument and all, but me personally, i just find android a lot more convenient to use than pc, like i cant imagine doing these things on my pc.

Either way we arent getting an android port, i mean, from the like 164 pages im sure in every page theres been at least one person asking for android version (me included)

3.80 star(s) 164 Votes