ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
My suspicion is that we're all dead. This isn't time travel, it's Purgatory. At least some of the students are being tested (hence why your character is being steered towards either choosing corruption/lust or love/compassion). Essentially, Heaven and Hell are playing a game to see which side you'll be swayed in the end. Mrs. L is pretty clearly either the Devil or just one of Hell's demons (it's L for "Lucifer", and her address in the exercise tape ad is 666). The mysterious person texting our phone and who keeps arguing with her is clearly on the side of good (based on the stances they're taking and what their intentions seem to be).

It's hard to tell at this point exactly which characters would be the real people getting tested and which are just actors/facsimiles meant to act as testers/temptation/influencers, but unless this is a Purgatory solely for one person (the player), Isabelle definitely seems to be the most likely candidate to be a fellow lost soul.

Lindsay's probably the next most likely person to be real and not an "actor". Maybe after that Flora and/or Kate. I suspect everyone else is part of the test, working for one of the two antagonistic sides.

The Nurse might be another person being tested though. If we assume the indicator for a lost soul is that they're someone who has flaws we can help them overcome, she's basically got an inability to tell people no. She pretty much admits this, and we can encourage her multiple times to stand up for herself against Kate. Her redemption arc would basically be learning to take charge for once.

Her arc has basically been that she became the paragon she is because of her parents pushing her. She mentions they got her into running, and it seems likely that she's such a good student because they push her to be. She also mentions that her parents wouldn't be happy if she had a boyfriend.

You can tell her in a couple different scenes that she needs to learn to stop trying to live up to what other people want her to be and just be what she wants to be.

If she's injured to the point where her future athletic career is ruined, that forces her to reevaluate all her priorities.

From there, how we interpret that depends on whether or not she's another soul being tested or just meant as a test for you.

I'm not sure it is the same person.

We're basically told that Maxine essentially drugged Lindsay, which made her suggestible. "Mer" (the mysterious person manipulating things for "Good") then influenced Lindsay into stealing the chocolates, to set into motion the chain of events where you become the hero (bringing you and Isabelle together). But presumably Lindsay remains in that state (or can be triggered back into that state again), which would make it entirely possible for someone else to take advantage of it.

When you arrange a meeting with "Mer", you get to eavesdrop on a conversation between them and Mrs. L. Once they start talking about Mer's manipulation, and Mer points out they're only prohibited from direct manipulation, Mrs. L replies with "Oh, this is how you want to play it?" Which very much suggest she's going to take an even more active role (in a "two can play that game" sort of way).

In other words, I think it's pretty likely that Mrs. L is the one who encouraged Lindsay to hurt herself, as part of her own scheming.

The alternative is Maxine. She seems to either be a neutral party of sorts or an agent of chaos in some way, and might have her own agenda. She's also the one who stole the locker, not Lindsay/Mer. And Maxine is definitely aware of what's really happening, regardless of how she's supposed to be part of it.

One thing I did not really successfully pick up from the game but seemed like it might be hinted at was that Isabelle may not be something that happened in the character's first life at all, hence the opportunities to do things like ask the teacher about her exchange program.

I always kind of had this idea she would turn out to be more important than the others for some reason - that she was wishing she had met someone who could have helped her have a better experience or something like that.
The fact that she wasn't part of the original timeline originally led me to believe she might have been the angel steering you towards good while Mrs. L steers you towards evil.

As the game goes on, I suspect she's someone else in Purgatory with you, who has her own issues she needs to sort out. Specifically, her pent up anger and issues tied to her sister and bullying. If she's being tempted, it's not the Love/Lust dichotomy you're facing, as much as she's being forced to choose between letting rage and vengeance consume her, or finding a way to let go of her hate and instead embrace the happier things in life (like the love of a young boy, for example).

If you tend to go the Love route over the Lust/Corruption route, you start to notice that each of you is making the other better (in the scene in your bedroom after kidnapping Maxine's cat, Isabelle has a line about how it feels like you're the only one who understands her, and you always know how to make her feel better. You respond by telling her that you've always had problems being social but she makes it easy for you to say what you feel because she doesn't judge you for it). At one point you straight up tell her that she's a good person because she cares about making things better, but her flaw is that she can go too far - and that's why you have to be there to tell her when to stop. In other words, you're showing her how to be a better person and not let her love of justice turn into vengeance, while she in turn is helping you come out of your shell and possibly learn to love and not just be a sex-crazed loser.

...which is why Mer pushed the two of you together by manipulating Lindsay. While the two sides are apparently forbidden to interfere directly (the test seemingly being throwing you into a situation where temptations abound and seeing whether you sink or swim on your own), by manuevering the two of you together Mer has created a scenario where the two of you together are better than either of you would ever have been alone.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
While I'm at it, just want to mention a bug - I checked to see if anyone else had it but didn't see anything else in the thread (I might have missed it). Figure the dev apparently checks this thread and might want to know about it.

Basically, after a certain point, the scene with Lindsay falling down the stairs triggers (the one where the game mentions Kate's party, and that leads into the Lindsay/Maxine storyline split). The problem is, it keeps showing up. Every time I enter the Entrance Hall screen, the scene triggers. Which makes it almost impossible to navigate the game (but does allow the player to farm Love/Lust points like crazy with Lindsay).

I kept powering through assuming it might clear once Wicked Game was completed (because it seems tied to that quest), but it didn't. At this point I'm assuming that scene is going to trigger every time forever (I don't really want to plow through the rest of the game to double-check, though).

I think the trigger point for this was Maxine - after going to the Gym at 5pm to activate Kate's quest (Twisted Desire), Maxine shows up at the gym at 6pm with the prompt to talk about how many lights there are in the gym (which seemingly begins The Ley of the Land - though it doesn't actually show up as a quest guide afterwards). But she shouldn't, because presumably that is only supposed to happen after the scene with Lindsay falling, where you're forced to choose between her path or Maxine's.

So my theory is that Maxine's scene in the gym is triggering wrong, and if someone interacts with her there it screws up some of the flags in the code which creates the problem.

Incidentally, I also noticed two other minor glitches - first, being able to order the Pig Mask online (for Isabelle) before she ever asks for it, which seems to skip over her asking for it and thus bumps her directly to the next step in Dethroning the Queen (after Wicked Game ends).

And while I'm not sure whether or not it will actually cause a problem, I noticed you can pick up the Red Paint long before you need it for anything - I played for three hours and never got the quest it's part of, so I have no idea if it will eventually cause problems like the Pig Mask does. But Jacklyn will start to offer it up as a quest trigger before anyone tells you you need it (or why) in the story (I'm not 100% sure where it's supposed to start, but like the previous Maxine issue, I think it's triggering before it's supposed to).

For reference, this is version 1.31, but a game I started in an earlier version (the save I started from was last saved in version 1.10.2). No idea if that would cause the issues (or if they're universal as long as you meet the right trigger requirements).

Last edited:

lundoxx

Sep 11, 2020
so, is there a way to save lindsey? i mean, i have blocked the "hearth" option, and im not sure what i was supposed to do to get that option available, what mission or decision did i or didnt i make to get that option?

nerdpwn

Nov 30, 2017
Ok I don't know if the game is bugged I glitched something out or what but I'm stuck on the venting frustration quest dont know how to get the bottle of water from the mom to give to the lady in the vents

Update: Nevermind my dumbass figured it out

Last edited:

zoyle

Jan 23, 2019
My suspicion is that we're all dead. This isn't time travel, it's Purgatory. At least some of the students are being tested (hence why your character is being steered towards either choosing corruption/lust or love/compassion). Essentially, Heaven and Hell are playing a game to see which side you'll be swayed in the end. Mrs. L is pretty clearly either the Devil or just one of Hell's demons (it's L for "Lucifer", and her address in the exercise tape ad is 666). The mysterious person texting our phone and who keeps arguing with her is clearly on the side of good (based on the stances they're taking and what their intentions seem to be).

It's hard to tell at this point exactly which characters would be the real people getting tested and which are just actors/facsimiles meant to act as testers/temptation/influencers, but unless this is a Purgatory solely for one person (the player), Isabelle definitely seems to be the most likely candidate to be a fellow lost soul.

Lindsay's probably the next most likely person to be real and not an "actor". Maybe after that Flora and/or Kate. I suspect everyone else is part of the test, working for one of the two antagonistic sides.

The Nurse might be another person being tested though. If we assume the indicator for a lost soul is that they're someone who has flaws we can help them overcome, she's basically got an inability to tell people no. She pretty much admits this, and we can encourage her multiple times to stand up for herself against Kate. Her redemption arc would basically be learning to take charge for once.

Her arc has basically been that she became the paragon she is because of her parents pushing her. She mentions they got her into running, and it seems likely that she's such a good student because they push her to be. She also mentions that her parents wouldn't be happy if she had a boyfriend.

You can tell her in a couple different scenes that she needs to learn to stop trying to live up to what other people want her to be and just be what she wants to be.

If she's injured to the point where her future athletic career is ruined, that forces her to reevaluate all her priorities.

From there, how we interpret that depends on whether or not she's another soul being tested or just meant as a test for you.

I'm not sure it is the same person.

We're basically told that Maxine essentially drugged Lindsay, which made her suggestible. "Mer" (the mysterious person manipulating things for "Good") then influenced Lindsay into stealing the chocolates, to set into motion the chain of events where you become the hero (bringing you and Isabelle together). But presumably Lindsay remains in that state (or can be triggered back into that state again), which would make it entirely possible for someone else to take advantage of it.

When you arrange a meeting with "Mer", you get to eavesdrop on a conversation between them and Mrs. L. Once they start talking about Mer's manipulation, and Mer points out they're only prohibited from direct manipulation, Mrs. L replies with "Oh, this is how you want to play it?" Which very much suggest she's going to take an even more active role (in a "two can play that game" sort of way).

In other words, I think it's pretty likely that Mrs. L is the one who encouraged Lindsay to hurt herself, as part of her own scheming.

The alternative is Maxine. She seems to either be a neutral party of sorts or an agent of chaos in some way, and might have her own agenda. She's also the one who stole the locker, not Lindsay/Mer. And Maxine is definitely aware of what's really happening, regardless of how she's supposed to be part of it.

The fact that she wasn't part of the original timeline originally led me to believe she might have been the angel steering you towards good while Mrs. L steers you towards evil.

As the game goes on, I suspect she's someone else in Purgatory with you, who has her own issues she needs to sort out. Specifically, her pent up anger and issues tied to her sister and bullying. If she's being tempted, it's not the Love/Lust dichotomy you're facing, as much as she's being forced to choose between letting rage and vengeance consume her, or finding a way to let go of her hate and instead embrace the happier things in life (like the love of a young boy, for example).

If you tend to go the Love route over the Lust/Corruption route, you start to notice that each of you is making the other better (in the scene in your bedroom after kidnapping Maxine's cat, Isabelle has a line about how it feels like you're the only one who understands her, and you always know how to make her feel better. You respond by telling her that you've always had problems being social but she makes it easy for you to say what you feel because she doesn't judge you for it). At one point you straight up tell her that she's a good person because she cares about making things better, but her flaw is that she can go too far - and that's why you have to be there to tell her when to stop. In other words, you're showing her how to be a better person and not let her love of justice turn into vengeance, while she in turn is helping you come out of your shell and possibly learn to love and not just be a sex-crazed loser.

...which is why Mer pushed the two of you together by manipulating Lindsay. While the two sides are apparently forbidden to interfere directly (the test seemingly being throwing you into a situation where temptations abound and seeing whether you sink or swim on your own), by manuevering the two of you together Mer has created a scenario where the two of you together are better than either of you would ever have been alone.
This is all a pretty interesting set of theories. I would say, though, that if that's the case I suspect only a very bare number of characters are like the player, probably no more than Isabelle and possibly Kate.

so, is there a way to save lindsey? i mean, i have blocked the "hearth" option, and im not sure what i was supposed to do to get that option available, what mission or decision did i or didnt i make to get that option?
The one thing I can suggest is to quickly do a play where you choose Maxine's route over Lindsey's route (the decision is with Maxine saying something about Leylines and the option that chooses Lindsey's route is "I want to help her", whereas believing Maxine is Maxine's route) and see what happens: if this doesn't produce a better outcome for Lindsey, then you *currently* can't get one in the game, though its obviously still in development and since we're dealing with really fantastical 'go back to your childhood' shit I would not assume anything that happens is permanent.

Reactions: MisterDuck

MisterDuck

Aug 31, 2021
I love theorizing and everything but now I realize that I still haven't got the Kate scenes. My main walkthought probably just got locked out of it , but now I wonder which chapter is possible to get it.

Nia Nekomae

Apr 6, 2020
my god, found that game cause someone posted a picture of it somewhere, and just reading that theory up there made me want to play it actually~

looked around in the gallery and totally down for lindsey but wonder now if i shoudl wait for the next update cause of... u know~

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
whereas believing Maxine is Maxine's route
The irony is that you'd probably be better off believing Maxine regardless, because there's a distinct chance that literally everything she says is true.

The game portrays her as being crazy (and most of the other characters certainly think she is), but she seems to be right about nearly everything we can actually verify. She has you look for radioactive spider eggs and steals Isabelle's locker due to "the arachnid problem - but you can also hear Mrs. L and the Mysterious Voice discussing "the spider problem" if you let Kate tie you up and leave you in the gym overnight (meaning Maxine is right). Maxine also mentions that she's repurposed Isabelle's locker into "a gateway to the Underworld" - which would make perfect sense if this is a Purgatory scenario. She also says things that sound deliberately crazy on at least two occasions that accurately describe you relieving your life over again, as if she's trying to hint to you that she knows what's really going on while still making it seem it's just a coincidence.

Maxine's also the reason why Lindsay became suggestible in the first place (which allows the Mysterious Voice to use her as a pawn), which likely wasn't an accident.

You can also have a conversation with Lindsay where she says that "Maxine never used to be this crazy", which sort of parallels "Mrs. L never used to be this slutty", which in both cases kind of implies that neither of them are really the same people they were in the original version of your life, but are outsiders who have replaced the originals to better manipulate events.

It's hard to say at this point which side Maxine is actually on (or what her own goals are if she represents an entirely different third side beyond the other two), but she definitely seems to have a better grasp of what's actually going on than most other people you can interact with.

Jun 6, 2021
This game is possibly the most boring non RPGM game I've played. I'm about 3 hours into it and realized that nothing has really happened besides the MC running around doing fetch quests and getting no real rewards for it. If the girls aren't going to put out for a fap then at least write good girls as these characters are all a snooze fest. Less menu would go a long way as well. I felt like I spent an hour of that time in the inventory alone.

Pass.

• Angry
Reactions: RozenCharles

zoyle

Jan 23, 2019
This game is possibly the most boring non RPGM game I've played. I'm about 3 hours into it and realized that nothing has really happened besides the MC running around doing fetch quests and getting no real rewards for it. If the girls aren't going to put out for a fap then at least write good girls as these characters are all a snooze fest. Less menu would go a long way as well. I felt like I spent an hour of that time in the inventory alone.

Pass.
While I don't agree with you, I lol'd because there's like two good RPGM games on this website, so its like 2/50,000 or whatever

ssiab74

Oct 15, 2022
She has you look for radioactive spider eggs and steals Isabelle's locker due to "the arachnid problem - but you can also hear Mrs. L and the Mysterious Voice discussing "the spider problem" if you let Kate tie you up and leave you in the gym overnight (meaning Maxine is right).
You can also literally verify that the radioactive spider eggs are real. You take the picture of the fake ones to appease her, but if you decide to creep on Lindsey and take a picture of her while she's pissing, the real spider eggs are visible behind the toilet. It doesn't change the story with Maxine, but I'm pretty sure it changes the picture that shows up in the school paper since Lindsey's hip is visible in the newspaper picture.

3.80 star(s) 164 Votes