Mod Ren'Py Apartment #69 - Lain's Walkthrough & Improvements Mod [v0.05] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
Sorry but the mod is immediately deleted by Windows defender, trojan detected.
It was not the case with version 0.3

Last edited:

Ickerax

Feb 14, 2020
Looking at the download and contents this seems strange to me, its really just font files, images, some renply scripts and a sound file. Nothing that should flag up anything.
I redownloaded from the mega link on OP here just in case as I get my mods directly from Main's subscribestar usually..
Apartment 69 itself has executables and was flagged by my system as potentially unsafe and by my AntiVirus as unknown and I had to allow it in both cases.

But sorry I could not find any reason why Windows would flag the mod for you.

Cryptor

Jul 16, 2017
not possible to click on a Gallery Image for v0.4. Where is the Mod Menu ?

Edit: Found. 1st save a game

Last edited:

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
Looking at the download and contents this seems strange to me, its really just font files, images, some renply scripts and a sound file. Nothing that should flag up anything.
I redownloaded from the mega link on OP here just in case as I get my mods directly from Main's subscribestar usually..
Apartment 69 itself has executables and was flagged by my system as potentially unsafe and by my AntiVirus as unknown and I had to allow it in both cases.

But sorry I could not find any reason why Windows would flag the mod for you.
I don't know, i have downloaded hundreds of those games and mods and patch here and it's the first time that this shit happens.
The problem is that the moment i select the zip file, Windows defender lock it and delete it completely and it's not so easy to restore the datas as Windows defender delete the content in multiple elements.
I just had time to see that Windows defender listed some xml files that don't exist in the mod !!!

But i downloaded it from another PC with Windows 10 pro and this time windows defender did not do anything !!!
Strange, I have 8 PC here in my house and the only one who had a problem is the one i use for those Renpy games, the 4 PC in my office run Winows 10 pro and don't delete the mod, but the only one in my room with Windows 10 Home delete it!

Last edited:

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
The new gallery scenes in 0.04 are not selectable in the current version of the mod? They're blurred out and can't be clicked?
If you want to unlock the scenes without playing, you need to open the mod menu -> Cheats -> Unlock all gallery scenes

I don't think that's possible since there aren't even any file types in the mod that antiviruses would flag.
The mod is definitely clean.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
If you want to unlock the scenes without playing, you need to open the mod menu -> Cheats -> Unlock all gallery scenes

I don't think that's possible since there aren't even any file types in the mod that antiviruses would flag.
The mod is definitely clean.
Yes there are no particular files that should be flagged, i don't know what happened on that PC, with the other PC i have that file doesn't get deleted by Windows Defender!

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
Odd, i have Windows 10, all the built-in AV stuff, and the mod never got flagged on my PC, and Windows 10 is always overprotective with detecting false positives, but this mod was fine.

dziatzkull

Mar 27, 2017
Hey I just got this message;

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'game/mod/Lain_Cheats.rpy', 1621278149, 0) is defined twice, at game/mod/Lain_Cheats.rpyc:3 and game/scripts/mod/Lain_Cheats.rpyc:3.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 447, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 283, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 789, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "renpy/script.py", line 469, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "renpy/script.py", line 452, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'game/mod/Lain_Cheats.rpy', 1621278149, 0) is defined twice, at game/mod/Lain_Cheats.rpyc:3 and game/scripts/mod/Lain_Cheats.rpyc:3.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Apartment #69 0.04
Thu May 20 23:25:03 2021

How can I fix it in order to play it?

Last edited:
Reactions: deadman88

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Hey I just got this message;
How can I fix it in order to play it?
You didn't install the mod correctly. It looks like you installed the mod twice into 2 folders. Try deleting the files you added or re-extracting the game from the zip, then follow these instructions:
"PC: Unzip the mod and put the folder named "game" from the mod into your "Apartment69-0.04-pc" folder."

kimjongun92
Do you know if there was a specific file that it flagged, or was it the whole zip file? :unsure:

Reactions: dziatzkull

dziatzkull

Mar 27, 2017
You didn't install the mod correctly. It looks like you installed the mod twice into 2 folders. Try deleting the files you added or re-extracting the game from the zip, then follow these instructions:
"PC: Unzip the mod and put the folder named "game" from the mod into your "Apartment69-0.04-pc" folder."

kimjongun92
Do you know if there was a specific file that it flagged, or was it the whole zip file? :unsure:

Hey Thanks for the helping me

And as far as I remember, I installed the Mod and the "other rpa file" to be able to have the whole story from this game. on the game folder.

I just deleted all and reinstalled, and lastly added the files ,now it works!

binglebangles

Apr 29, 2020
Maim Lain

I think I found a minor bug, I'll try to explain how I think you can re-create.

Virginity status, go into Others section, 1st male will display the text "Virginity", for any second male clicked, it will disappear, then if you return to Main or Side and click any character, its still invisible, until you exit and re-open that particular menu. I assume its a minor issue, but who knows how those play out long-term in development.

Reactions: Maid Lain

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Error in the script.
You did 1 or 2 things wrong. You either 1. combined an old version of the game with the new version of the game, or 2. you put an old version of the mod into your game, decompiled the game/mod, then installed the new mod version.
You shouldn't combine old and new game versions, just delete the old game version and extract the new version because your saves will automatically transfer.
Easiest way to fix either problem is just extract the game again and install the mod again.

May 9, 2020
Hi, after install the mod and play a little bit, i see that some scene with evelyn andmille is missing, is something wrong with the mod or it is problem with the main game?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote