• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py Apartment #69 - Lain's Walkthrough & Improvements Mod [v0.05] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Still getting the error. This isnt my first rodeo I know how to extract and add modded files. I make many of my own for some games. These are the only files in the folder and they are all correct updated files. As you can see by the file dates I just downloaded and tried all the files again.
1629214355875.png

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Still getting the error. These are the only files in the folder and they are all correct updated files. As you can see by the file dates I just downloaded and tried all the files again.
The correct patch file is "A69_v05_patch.rpa"
But if you didn't combine old game versions or decompile the game and mess up the files somehow then I'm not really sure, sorry. The mod works for everyone else.

JDReeco

Jan 2, 2018
Hello Lain and everyone.
I'm just playing the new update, and can't get the new Evelyn step (screenshot attached). Is this a bug within the mod or the original game?
If I remember right, there was a similiar situation in a previous update; just wanted to ask if someone can help.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I'm just playing the new update, and can't get the new Evelyn step (screenshot attached). Is this a bug within the mod or the original game?
It's not caused by the mod. Are you sure you didn't do something weird like decompile the game files or merge the v0.05 game with an older version of the game?

JDReeco

Jan 2, 2018
It's not caused by the mod. Are you sure you didn't do something weird like decompile the game files or merge the v0.05 game with an older version of the game?
Seems to work now. I extracted it to a new folder again and it seems to work, guess I left one file or so undeleted previously.

Reactions: Maid Lain

Valmora

Dec 4, 2018
This is odd, its getting reported that the mod has "Trojan:Script/Oneeva.A!ml", haven't seen that one pop up here before...

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
This is odd, its getting reported that the mod has "Trojan:Script/Oneeva.A!ml", haven't seen that one pop up here before...
Yeah this sucks, I couldn't even open it on my own computer because Windows Defender has it incorrectly labeled as that...
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if someone intentionally tried to get one of the files incorrectly labeled as malicious.
I've submitted the files to Microsoft so they can re-label it as non-malicious, but that could take them a few weeks. :/

To be able to open you can do this: Windows security -> Protection history -> Threat blocked -> Actions -> Allow

Edit:
I've reuploaded the mod in a way that I think won't cause Windows Defender to have a problem with it for the time being.

Last edited:
Reactions: 08/15Wixxer

TimoF965

Nov 26, 2020
Hi Lain,
thanks for the mod. Works fine here (Win10 21H1) - not thoroughly tested, though..

Just a suggestion for the MainModPost:
- Tell, if the mod (especially the cheats) are switchable for those who only want wo use the UI and spelling improvements.
- Inform, that the mod-menu is only visible after the intro. I thought I installed something wrong. The hint in the games comes a little late, too.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Reactions: 08/15Wixxer
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote