lexdoll

May 18, 2019
Nea fans, have you checked out "Midlife Crisis"? Tracy in that game had a moment to shine in the most recent update. Strong recommend. If you haven't played that game, she's only a side character, so there is very little content compared to others, but as I said, this most recent update is gold.
I love the game but one thing I really dislike about whole thing with Tracy is that it's pretty much a "meet and fuck" relationship, there is no character development whatsoever, I know her aunt is a prostitute but she is not, MC just sees her as an easy way to relieve his pent up desires, even the MC says so to himself, you barely even get to know anything about her and the game tells you "There she is, go fuck her if you swing that way".

I like Nea because she is a main character with her own plot and story, limited as it may be content wise in the current state of the game. I don't like Nea because what she has between her legs, if it's a girl who was bullied in school and alienated in her own family for whatever reason, I would want to stand up for her too. Her shy demeanor and fair appearance make her likeable, but it's her situation and struggle that make her an interesting character.

Last edited:

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
lexdoll

Tracey or transy as I named her is a side character and as such side characters are not going to have full blown stories as they are just that side characters. Side characters are meet and fucks to tie a person over while waiting for content with other characters and to keep it interesting.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Quite a few people have moved on, some of those waiting for this no longer come here and stopped asking about this months ago.
I am fully expecting this to be picked up again and still look forward to it, for all the reasons I (and others) previously stated.

Those calling for its death sound a bit too impatient: it was explicitly put on pause by the Dev when they realized two games were tough develop simultaneously, the game is still discussed at their Discord and their avatar has been Nea for the past year or so. There's a bit of expectation being maintained and not every Dev is a miracle worker. Luxee in particular seems rather organic in their creation process, so I can easily forgive an honest mistake in the attempt to start this up.

But, I gave up on WHEN that would happen almost immediately - it will be restarted when it restarts. Simple as that.

The world may change before PL ends, but I hope not.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
No one is calling for it's death it just used to be talked about quite a bit on various forums I dwell on but since mid way last year it's not mentioned anymore.
Not trying to look like a smartass, but I was referring to posts of the following tone:

Just consider this one dead. . .
Everyone can certainly feel as they choose, but if someone is coming into this topic I feel it's most fair to give them an open-ended context instead of a feeling it's never coming back - let them decide to watch for it passively or not, e.g., A69 was started and swiftly paused because the Dev overestimated the effort of creating two games simultaneously, but is still expected to restart when the prior game completes ... unless the Dev later changes their mind.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Just saw this on Luxee's Subscribestar:

So let's start from the top. If you've played the recent versions of PL, you've probably noticed that the story is coming to a close in just a few more updates. My plan at the writing of this is to make v0.18 (renamed v0.99) effectively the last update of the main/harem story.
Man... How far we've come, I remember v0.1 as though it was just three years ago.

If those plans go through, we would still be looking at ONE more update past that, a v1.0 if you will. In which I will go through the game fixing everything I wanna fix, adding a working gallery to the game, quite possibly with the help of a certain Lain person. Also adding achievements and the ever eluding fifth route of the game, among several other changes I've wanted to make to the game over the years.

If you didn't know, back in 2018, I made a tiny little demo to my second game Apartment #69. I have a bunch of really cool ideas for the game that I'm really excited to share with the world. As said previously, I'll begin working on A69 as soon as PL is finished.

If you haven't tried A69, it's a more of a sandbox type game, without a strict narrow day-by-day narrative like that of PL. This gives me a whole lot more freedom in so far as what I can do with the story. For example, instead of in PL, where I would have to start each day with a morning scene, then a breakfast scene, then the day scenes, then a night scene. With A69, I can start scene 1 at morning and scene 2 will be triggered in some other location during the night. This makes it so I'm not restricted to a day and night cycle like I was with PL. Now the reason I'm bringing this up is because where as with PL, it kind of makes sense that a single new version of the game will go through a single new day in the PL world. With A69, there's nothing really like that. So methinks doing monthly updates to the game will be a much more viable model. Like setting exact dates for when an update is to come out and then putting out the update with the content I've developed during the month. Obviously keeping in mind that there actually is enough content made in said month to justify the charge.
Another idea I had was to set a scene/render goal for the update, and once I reach that amount of renders, I'll release the update.

This doesn't really apply to Subscribestar the same way since there's no "per update" option on here, but I decided you guys should know over here as well, that updates may become more frequent.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
So, atleast four more updates. Looking at June/July for a release of A69, maybe.
View attachment 519724
Well, I read it as the current work-in-progress (to be delivered end of this month, early next month?) will be called v0.99 and then only v1.0 follows it. At that point, PL is done.

Then, the shift to A69 full-time.

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
Well, I read it as the current work-in-progress (to be delivered end of this month, early next month?) will be called v0.99 and then only v1.0 follows it. At that point, PL is done.

We can only hope.. and thank you for the update btw, I never scour through subscribestar..

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
One thing that was nice is to read the re-confirmation that A69 WILL follow the completion of PL.
Absolutely! I never really doubted that part, just grown a bit wary with waiting.. thanks again for the info, please let us know if you come across any other updates :) cheers

Reactions: fried

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018

I think you may have read it wrong hun.

you've probably noticed that the story is coming to a close in just a few more updates. My plan at the writing of this is to make v0.18 (renamed v0.99)
It's only on 0.15 so it is 4 more updates.

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018

Im bad at math so lets see, supposedly at least 4 more updates (possibly 5 who knows things change) to go + time to polish add gallery like they said + Roughly 1 update every 3 or months + the time to create and release a new or proper version of A69 not including any possible delays = Fuck (12+ months from right now).

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Im bad at math so lets see, supposedly at least 4 more updates (possibly 5 who knows things change) to go + time to polish add gallery like they said + Roughly 1 update every 3 or months + the time to create and release a new or proper version of A69 not including any possible delays = Fuck (12+ months from right now).
PL has been getting updated every 4-6 weeks so 12+ months is way off. :)

Reactions: Maid Lain

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017

You are correct!

Most of my attention has been on real-world issues (i.e., house in upheaval since October) for the past few months, so version numbers are apparently off in my memory - I accidentally recalled the current 0.16 work as being 0.18.

So, my mistake.

4.00 star(s) 70 Votes