Mod Ren'Py Apartment1B- Shawn's Walkthrough + Improvements [0.3.4][Shawnchapp}

Sonayte

Apr 12, 2019
Christi's step 8 location phone time any no tips and i cant do anything to complete this step
relaunch game fix it*

Last edited:

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
The only thing I need is a button to increase happiness and other stats

Aurolios

Jun 17, 2022
Hi, not sure if it was posted or not yet haven't checked completely. But idk if it's the mod or the game itself, but I can't rewatch scenes on the PC it seems it errors

Aurolios

Jun 17, 2022
whats the error?
I get these everytime I try to rewatch scenes on the pc

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/mod/Shawn_Overrides.rpy", line 368, in execute
  File "game/mod/Shawn_Overrides.rpy", line 371, in execute
  File "game/mod/Shawn_Overrides.rpy", line 371, in keywords
  File "game/mod/Shawn_Overrides.rpy", line 375, in <module>
NameError: name 'MainEvent2_12_a' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/characters/brittany.rpyc", line 2851, in script
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Apartment1B-0.3.4-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 930, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Apartment1B-0.3.4-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1474, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Apartment1B-0.3.4-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1352, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Apartment1B-0.3.4-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1003, in do_display
    display_say(who,
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Apartment1B-0.3.4-pc\renpy\character.py", line 693, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Apartment1B-0.3.4-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Apartment1B-0.3.4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3582, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Apartment1B-0.3.4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4055, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda d : d.per_interact())
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Apartment1B-0.3.4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 684, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Apartment1B-0.3.4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 684, in visit_all
  [Previous line repeated 2 more times]
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Apartment1B-0.3.4-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 476, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Apartment1B-0.3.4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4055, in <lambda>
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Apartment1B-0.3.4-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 487, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Apartment1B-0.3.4-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 680, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
Apartment1B 0.3.4
Sun Mar  3 05:12:14 2024

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
I get these everytime I try to rewatch scenes on the pc

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/characters/brittany.rpyc", line 2851, in script
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Apartment1B-0.3.4-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 930, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Apartment1B-0.3.4-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1474, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Apartment1B-0.3.4-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1352, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Apartment1B-0.3.4-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1003, in do_display
    display_say(who,
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Apartment1B-0.3.4-pc\renpy\character.py", line 693, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Apartment1B-0.3.4-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Apartment1B-0.3.4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3582, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Apartment1B-0.3.4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4055, in interact_core
  [Previous line repeated 2 more times]
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Apartment1B-0.3.4-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 476, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Apartment1B-0.3.4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4055, in <lambda>
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Apartment1B-0.3.4-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 487, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Apartment1B-0.3.4-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 680, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
Apartment1B 0.3.4
Sun Mar  3 05:12:14 2024
weird that should've been fixed can you send me your save please

t3mporary

Mar 10, 2018
Getting same error with replay. Here's one save.
When removing the mod, it starts working again. So errors are definitely from the current version of the mod.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Getting same error with replay. Here's one save.
When removing the mod, it starts working again. So errors are definitely from the current version of the mod.
can you explain what happens cause on a clean instal of the game and your save i can't even click on the "yes" button to play replays..

can you send you a persistent file too

Last edited:

t3mporary

Mar 10, 2018
Here they are. Was extra careful saved outside of replay window, have several replays available.

Error in detail:
When you click on a scene in the replay gallery (specific menu for a girl), it goes to an error exception which you have to rollback twice to get out of thee errors which takes you back to the replay gallery main menu. So it seems to be actually rolling back twice for seemingly two exception errors in a row, once out of the replayed scene and once our of the girl's specific replay menu all the way back to the replay gallery main menu (hopefully this helps). This happened when you have your current mod in the game files. Without your mod it the replay gallery seems to function. No fresh same needed so if I finish I can just remove it but annoying during the play.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Here they are. Was extra careful saved outside of replay window, have several replays available.

Error in detail:
When you click on a scene in the replay gallery (specific menu for a girl), it goes to an error exception which you have to rollback twice to get out of thee errors which takes you back to the replay gallery main menu. So it seems to be actually rolling back twice for seemingly two exception errors in a row, once out of the replayed scene and once our of the girl's specific replay menu all the way back to the replay gallery main menu (hopefully this helps). This happened when you have your current mod in the game files. Without your mod it the replay gallery seems to function. No fresh same needed so if I finish I can just remove it but annoying during the play.

ya using your files and mod the error doesn't happen for me im not able to reproduce this error your getting.. clicking yes just open the replay like normal and it plays fine...

t3mporary

Mar 10, 2018
Well I'm not sure as another one described the same error. I guess that said, we can just remove the mod when wanting to see replays. it's just a folder so not too hard :O

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Well I'm not sure as another one described the same error. I guess that said, we can just remove the mod when wanting to see replays. it's just a folder so not too hard :O
ya i have no clue why you would be getting that error

t3mporary

Mar 10, 2018
Question: Can you make the money cheat additive instead of setting it to 1000 or just make the girl's attributes changeable in the mod? The item's to increase the girl's attributes is one of the worse parts of the game by far. The increase in price after each buy is in my opinion just ridiculous and will seriously drive people away from this game (I can't even imagine without the little cheats do as of yet).

Also can't fix the lightbulb in 1D, Brittney's room, driving me nuts. Won't highlight fixture.

Last edited:

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Question: Can you make the money cheat additive instead of setting it to 1000 or just make the girl's attributes changeable in the mod? The item's to increase the girl's attributes is one of the worse parts of the game by far. The increase in price after each buy is in my opinion just ridiculous and will seriously drive people away from this game (I can't even imagine without the little cheats do as of yet).

Also can't fix the lightbulb in 1D, Brittney's room, driving me nuts. Won't highlight fixture.
for next update i'l try to rremember to change the money thing as for stats well stats don't really do much so i didn't both to add a cheat for that as for lightbulb made check the games thread