Ren'Py Apocalust [psychodelusional] Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
Here is the problem i have, the game looks absolutely stunning, i mean just look at it and it has a skill tree and some very cool and interesting stuff but the obvious problem is, implementing all these things takes a lot of time and will take a lot of time each update, he is already gonna pass the 1 year mark of making this tame before releasing 0.1 and what after that?
So maybe little moments like characters randomly turning around in a scene to show you their ass or scrubbing the toilet with boobs jiggling is not needed? Every scene even ones where we just talk looks like characters move slightly, it might not seem like it requires much rendering but if it's for every scene and you end up having dozens of talking scenes in each update than that is all gonna stack up. Like if we animate all those tiny moments it's obviously gonna take forever, i think Philly Games has a pretty good approach with this he animates 1 or 2 scenes like this in every update where the character turns around or walks, but obviously not every interaction. The game looks gorgeous and maybe i am in the minority here but i also have to think about the long term goal if we end up getting one update every 6+ months than the game is no longer worth it for me. With so many games out there you start to lose track of what decisions you made, what you did in the game, how your interactions with certain characters went, what kind of main character you are building, etc..

So my personal opinion is that i hope after 0.1 is released he tones it down with trying to make every scene and interaction look special, keep it to 2-3 animated scenes in an update with jiggly ass or boobs and that's it and focus more on giving us as many possible animated sex poses in the sex scenes, that's where most animation should go into.

Last edited:

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Here is the problem i have, the game looks absolutely stunning, i mean just look at it and it has a skill tree and some very cool and interesting stuff but the obvious problem is, implanting all these things takes a lot of time and will take a lot of time each update, he is already gonna pass the 1 year mark of making this tame before releasing 0.1 and what after that?
So maybe little moments like characters randomly turning around in a scene to show you their ass or scrubbing the toilet with boobs jiggling is not needed? Every scenes even ones where we just talk looks like characters move slightly, it might not seem like it requires much rendering but if it's for every scene and you end up having dozens of talking scenes in each update than that is all gonna stack up. Like if we animate all those tiny moments it's obviously gonna take forever, i think Philly D has a pretty good approach with this he animates 1 or 2 scenes like this in every update where the character turns around or walks, but obviously not every interaction. The game looks gorgeous and maybe i am in the minority here but i also have to think about the long term goal if we end up getting one update every 6+ months than the game is no longer worth it for me. With so many games out there you start to lose track of what decisions you made, what you did the game, how your interactions with certain characters went, what kind of main character you are building, etc..

So my personal opinion is that i hope after 0.1 is released he tones it down with trying to make every scene and interaction look special, keep it to 1-2 animated scenes in the game with jiggly ass or boobs and that's it and focus more on giving us as many possible animated sex poses in the sex scenes.
100% agree. We can just hope the game is such an immediate hit that he can soon afford to get new hardware and maybe even hire more people. Otherwise this is gonna take forever.

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
100% agree. We can just hope the game is such an immediate hit that he can soon afford to get new hardware and maybe even hire more people. Otherwise this is gonna take forever.
I know man, this is one game that has me more interested than any game i have played on this entire site, i mean not only is it gorgeous and looks well made in every sense, the character models are just... It's like someone literally picked through my brain to see what the ideal female body would be to me and then just made an entire game around it lol.
So it would suck so much if we end up having to wait forever for an update, i think 3-4 months of wait is manageable if the updates end up being anywhere near BaDIK in size but other than that it wont be worth it IMO.

Reactions: Aristos and KRK

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I know man, this is one game that has me more interested than any game i have played on this entire site, i mean not only is it gorgeous and looks well made in every sense, the character models are just... It's like someone literally picked through my brain to see what the ideal female body would be to me and then just made an entire game around it lol.
So it would suck so much if we end up having to wait forever for an update, i think 3-4 months of wait is manageable if the updates end up being anywhere near BaDIK in size but other than that it wont be worth it IMO.
I have no reactions left so... (y)

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Damn.I completely forget we are still waiting for this game.Didn't check for 3-4 months and it seems we will wait 2 more months.

Zolkane

Jun 2, 2017
Damn.I completely forget we are still waiting for this game.Didn't check for 3-4 months and it seems we will wait 2 more months.
false, its more complited then you think. If im not mistaken high patreon or discord idk play some demo if i am corect for test or another thing

Bossjohn

Apr 4, 2020
false, its more complited then you think. If im not mistaken high patreon or discord idk play some demo if i am corect for test or another thing
If this news is real,then all of us guys can scratch our itch which is there almost from one year in one month.
Hope it will be released atleast in next month.
I think this is the only game which complete one year anniversary without any actual release but with only it's announcement.

Reactions: BatmanNinja

Zolkane

Jun 2, 2017
If this news is real,then all of us guys can scratch our itch which is there almost from one year in one month.
Hope it will be released atleast in next month.
I think this is the only game which complete one year anniversary without any actual release but with only it's announcement.
ya and its his fault but its what it is. I am more feared 2 months release will be more long and remember his hardcore fan accept even if its 2 years release. I just hope if he didnt finish in juluy he will still release it

D

Deleted member 1414493

This looks amazing not gonna lie,haven't seen anything like this in this space at least,but the wait is excruciating

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Zolkane so they left Bison out of the loop and you had to blow it. Next time they won't tell you anything if you can't keep your mouth shut.

Zolkane

Jun 2, 2017
Zolkane so they left Bison out of the loop and you had to blow it. Next time they won't tell you anything if you can't keep your mouth shut.
I cant even write on the discord Channel and i am not a patreon for the moment for AT least 1 year. I just guess it Reading the help channel

Maybe i am wrong because i dont understtand sarcasm/joke in english but with last video it comfirm a Little what i thought

Status
Not open for further replies.