What do you thinks about sandbox in the games?

• I like

Votes: 59 65.6%
  • I dont like

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • I have no opinion

Votes: 11 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
A very interesting theory. Some points you brought up I didnt even questioned before because I thought its just background lore.
But now that you brought it up I cant help myself ignoring them.
While I tried to have as many scenes with Deborah, everything what reduced the "innocent" or increased the "anxiety" score of Jessica I skiped/avoided them, because try to win her over the classic falling-in-love style.
Dont know if this method will automaticly write off Deborah now if your theory is true. :unsure:
Something else I had to lookup but really made the case for me.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Manoman13

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
Something else I had to lookup but really made the case for me.
Yeah, with this info and your example about her appearing be more darker and sinister when her influence is weaker makes it really interesting now. Nice detective work my man ;)(y)
Now if I could find out more if Anna is still alive would make my day but in the current build there is not much info for that to be sure. Perhaps I missed something crucial like I did with Deborah ?

MorbidViews21

Aug 3, 2019
I'll keep my on eye on this. I like dark and gritty western adult visual novels. Especially the post apocalyptic setting. Some games do it, but many of them are lacking content or not good, or just simple too goofy. We need more of them. Some of features in this game are unnecessary though. Like trying to open Deborah legs, and the wonky movement system, but it got better later in the game with, the top down map of the house.

Hopefully this game does well, i like it so far. The potential is there.

FenrisWolfe

Aug 11, 2017
People have ignored my questions so now I'm just hoping someone else asks the same one and it gets answered

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
The premise looks pretty interesting. I see there's the sandbox tag. I'll play first to see how it is in game. I also see an amazing ass in the banner and in some of the preview pictures. That's all the encouragement I need to play this game. Besides the setting/story itself, of course.

e-disfunction

Jun 1, 2019
Thank you really much for your explanation.

Indeed, I made a truly regrettable mistake :cry:

So I'm going to start a change campaign on the title.

But before I embark on this work of correction on all media, could you confirm this one last time if possible.

To have the double meaning I told you about, the correct spelling is therefore: Apocalypse Lovers?

Does this maintain explicitly the ambivalence of the meaning ?
[Apostrophe uses are explained in square brackets.]

It's [it is: a letter is missing] an honest mistake — it may take some effort to fix the problem but I don't [do not: missing letter] believe you need any regret. :)

*** Yes, the ambiguity is there automatically (example below) as there are at least two explicit meanings to your title. However, it will not be explicit that you intend both meanings as the title is an intellectual double entendre ... because every reader needs to first ask themselves, "Who are the lovers? And what (or where, or when) are they loving?". ***

Your story will answer the readers' questions [many readers own/possess the same questions] as any good literature should (y). A similar double entendre is the title of L'Étranger [le étranger: letter missing] where we must ask ourselves, "Who is the stranger and what is he estranged from?", and Camus provides many answers to those questions.

*** Example: One of English's [something belongs to the English language] most used examples of ambiguous language is: "I am not human until I have had my coffee." This is usually stated as a mild joke in the early morning by an adult who is habitually sleep deprived. There are many possible answers to the questions from various obsevers regarding this statement, including:
• She or He (S/He) is always human, as usual, however they feel very remote from their humanity until they have been awake for some time and have imbibed caffeinated coffee.
• Children who witness the person when s/he first awakes believe that the pale, wrinkled, hairy, inarticulate, snarling beast that is transformed into Mom or Dad by a potion of magic beans in the morning (i.e.: coffee) definitely wasn't [was not; missing letter] human! (It certainly wasn't the usual Mom or Dad!)
• The person is an entirely different creature after sleeping. S/He returns to — or is changed into — a human by the drinking or application of prepared coffee. Much like Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and other beast within literature, movies, etc.

Short Version: Yes, Apocalypse Lovers is correctly spelled and contains all the ambiguity you want and intend. (Not every reader or player will bother to search for the various possibilities of your title, but that is their loss.)

Please ask for any other info you want!
e-d :D

Manoman13

Dec 10, 2020
Wait this is the trial version, aww man that sucks
No no no it's the prologue and it will be the same for everyone, in the next update the prologue will always be there in addition to the next episode, it's just that my friend sometimes expresses himself badly when he want to explain something.

Reactions: billybilly16

AnimeHentaiGamer

Aug 29, 2017
just want to say i already love this game because of the dark humor and those bad ends are funny. i hope that keeps going and doesn't cater to sissies like Desert Stalker did with its gore.

• Red Heart

heerwa2

Apr 14, 2020
Looks like a super good game! I love helping miserable gals, I love fighting zimbies, I love being hero hehehehe ^__^

• Star-struck

Blackeye.

Aug 15, 2020
Unofficial Android Port of:

Apocalypse Lovers [Ep.1 Prologue v1.16]

My android port has an alternative save location, the save will remain intact when you uninstall the game so don't worry about starting over. And my port has a textbox opacity slider and text size slider and added change name to the main menu.

if you like my ports, consider buying me a cofee or as to motivate me and get me going to do more ports, and help me pay for mega storage, thanks

Last edited:

Manoman13

Dec 10, 2020
Unofficial Android Port of:

Apocalypse' Lovers [Ep.1 Prologue v1.1]

PIXELDRAIN

My android port has an alternative save location, the save will remain intact when you uninstall the game so don't worry about starting over. And my port has a textbox opacity slider and text size slider and added change name to the main menu.
Thank you for your android version of the game.

Dudlbert

Apr 16, 2020
Hey! Nice game so far but i got two questions:
1. What influences alcoholism? I mean i could think of a couple of things but its not explained ingame.
2. Could you elaborate corruption a little bit more? From the description one cpould think that at the end, you get an emotionless doll or something like that. I think thats not quite right, what corruption stands for in this kind of games :D
-> I just saw that in your thread pics, there is affection instead of alcoholism. :unsure:

Thx in advance!

PS: I found the "feeding" scene kinda weird. She either has the knowledge of a 10 years old or she just complied with MCs arguments.

PPS: I thing the idea of situation where you can interact with stuff while a conversation is ongoing will not work in the long run. I for instance am to much into the text and the conversation as to hover over the screen and watch for things to interact with. It kinda rips you out of the immersion.
Also, its kind of missleading to put that much pics in the description of the game about stuff/locations that arent even in the game yet.o_O

Last edited:

Manoman13

Dec 10, 2020
Hey! Nice game so far but i got two questions:
1. What influences alcoholism? I mean i could think of a couple of things but its not explained ingame.
2. Could you elaborate corruption a little bit more? From the description one cpould think that at the end, you get an emotionless doll or something like that. I think thats not quite right, what corruption stands for in this kind of games :D

Thx in advance!

PS: I found the "feeding" scene kinda weird. She either has the knowledge of a 10 years old or she just complied with MCs arguments.

PPS: I thing the idea of situation where you can interact with stuff while a conversation is ongoing will not work in the long run. I for instance am to much into the text and the conversation as to hover over the screen and watch for things to interact with. It kinda rips you out of the immersion.

Thank you

1. An influential young girl who in her misfortune discovers that the only man outside of her father whom she trusts is telling her drinking is fine, this is one of the ways to influence alcoholism.
It's like when young people in real life start smoking or drinking influenced by their friends, getting influenced by others is very easy in normal times, so with pain, fear and surely pain, we can believe easily the only man capable of saving us and who we have always trusted.

2. It's just the prologue, wait for the sequel to better understand, let the story settle and take the time to learn more about the characters.

We can't and we don't want to reveal too much, be patient.

4.40 star(s) 28 Votes