Ren'Py - Apocalypse Lovers [v1.21 Fixed] [Awake]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Psykoman1978

started good in a way i expectet some game over choices but then there comes fake choices with no meaning srsly why?
    im talking about the mansion the mushrooms right at that choice i deleted it can´t say more about the game
    1 star cuz either make choices or let it simple
  2. 3.00 star(s)

TheMarquis

I appreciate the attempt to experiment.

This AVN's approach is more about psychology than about the world itself.

Going down this path, however, requires considerable writing ability. The author must be able to capture the reader's attention and make things interesting. I confess that many times I was bored reading the MC's ruminations.

Another problem is that the gaming experience is very cumbersome: there are mini games, countdowns and small clicks to do everywhere. Not exactly the simplest of interactions.

To date, there are essentially two paths that the MC can take with those he interacts with: one more "good" path, the other more "bad" one. As someone has pointed out in previous reviews, the two routes are not at the same level and one is inevitably more fun than the other.

I hope that in the future both the gaming experience and the writing become more streamlined and rhythmic. If that were to happen, this AVN has the potential to become one of the best out there.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

allanl9020142

Needs a LOT of proofreading. It's the kind of broken English where it looks like the guy can't figure out correct verb tenses or subject-verb agreement.

I just can't do it, man. Looks like a great game but I barely made it past the intro. You expect people to essentially pay for that through Patreon? Even going as far as to block content without an exclusive subscriber code? Nah. Come on, now.

The game could be really good and it's just the script that's rough. Or it could be another bug fest with shitty writing that attracts people like moths to a flame with its high quality renders.

All I know is that from my experience, that level of grammar is usually like a warning signal that it's going to be the latter rather than the former. I'm going to play it safe and save myself from the stress.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

anonymousguys

This is very good game
    I really like it The choice the insanity thing and self control against your courrupt nature with dystopian settings
    It's really sad story but not depressing for me

I hope the render could get better
    Thank you for the great game!
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Donjoe81

Apocalypse Lovers [v1.21 Fixed]

I´m pretty torn on this game tbh. I think it has potential and good ideas to make this one a good ,or even a great game.
    I like the setting and the premise is really interesting.
    But there are some things that rub me the wrong way. My biggest issue for now is the gameplay.
    It consist way too much of hunting pixels and that can get really annoying after a while.
    The Story hasn´t really grabbed my attention yet, but it´s pretty early and there is more content to come.
    I can only give the current version 3* but will follow the progress, change the review if needed, and wish the Dev all the best in his development of the game.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

gdocker

I really like this game and yes there are some issues with it but the soundtrack alone that he uses just makes me love this game more with westworld,dexter and others just makes me smile while playing the game.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

Kirigaya77

version 1.21 (Edited)

Here are some of my thoughts on the game so far:
    1. The story is not that good. And I'm a little disappointed, I thought the story would have things related to survival, such as looking for foods and drinks, fighting some scary creatures, finding other survivors, or looking for a safe place to survive, but instead it focuses more on things about the main character's lust, and focuses more on
    main player treatment to Jessica.
    2. I like pictures of cityscapes that really look like city ruins due to the apocalypse, even though I don't like the rendering of the characters.
    3. Sometimes I see the expressions of the characters that are made look funny.
    4. It's actually nice and interesting with some interactions and minigames, but if you have too many of them too often it can be annoying.
    5. Why does the main character go out just to find clothes for Jessica? What about foods, drinks or other essentials? Or was it because main character was afraid that Jessica would get plague from items taken from outside? Then how can Jessica survive without eating and only drinking alcohol?

Sorry for my bad English, and thanks for the game.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

420SumDumGai

Definitely a cut above the usual VN fare. There is a certain subtlety and ambiguity in the relationships between the MC and his adopted family, along with ambivalence about his own sexual desires. This depth is interesting, and as an American, reads as very "French" (in a good way!) to me.

The art is mostly well done, though Jessica's face looks a little strange sometimes. On the other hand, Deborah's character, and in particular, facial features, are excellent. The music also works well, being appropriately creepy when it needs to be.

The writing for the Deborah is very well done - it's clearly trying to toe the line as to how "real" she is; it's certainly plausible the MC does all the things he does without her being anything more than a figment of his imagination. That said, it seems like
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Overall, a great experience, and I look forward to the future of this game!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

DOM76210

While the game is a little wonky since you can't always tell how your decisions will pan out, the storyline and graphics are damned fine. I look forward to seeing how this game progresses with each update.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

G1Naks

This game is something outside the box. It has a very good story, well round mechanic that ties skills to choices and story, the sound and music nail almost all the aspect of the game to keep you playing.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

mammonite

("english is not may first languange so pardon me.")
    RATED it 4stars cause i believed there's no such thing as perfect 5stars .
    I liked the game i really think it's Great . now my issue which is just an opinion is i am not into Druggies or schizo but then it is fitting because yeah it's apocalyptic settings , i really think this game have a lot of potential , while the Renders are not on par with the top Dogs out there ,the story and writing s are great which is a strong point of the game.

I know it is still in early stage of development , but i wish there's more in each chapters , but i also understand that it's hard to create more output("Content") Since there's a lot of Branching paths, and that's Brutal for a single developer("if the dev is single.") I also enjoyed the slow build up of corruption, or making her fall (romantic route.) The world(universe) was believeable because the writings is not Half-Hearted.

Overall i really enjoyed the game.
    i think it can definitely fly.

Cheers and More Power to the dev.(y)(y)
  12. 5.00 star(s)

TeamHentaiX

mmm i really like this game, i think its worth playing and yeah i do like the fact the game makes you care for a female character who is stuck in a basement, all dirty and you gotta make the right decisions and the fact you got some hot side chick who is 100% naughty, (LOVE IT) and yeah she always there to have your back and everything, i already beat both chapters, so now im just gonna wait until more content is added.

P.s - BEST GAME EVER!!!!
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Jdiezel

really promising game so far. a little worried bc the teaser pictures at the end showed a ton of girls. hoping it doesnt turn into a "quantity over quality" thing where we get little content with multiple girls instead of a lot of content for the main.

the stats thing can feel a little stressful but thankfully the sancho mod removes all of that stress
  14. 5.00 star(s)

DogDayAfternoon

Review for Apocalypse Lovers [Ep.1 Prologue v1.16]

Contains Minor Spoilers

Great game play it, support it if you can.

Had to get that out the way first, now let’s get to a more detailed review. This next paragraph is about the Pro’s and the one after that about the Con’s.

The positives are that the game’s story is amazing, I truly bought into it. It gives just enough information to establish the world while leaving other things vague so we can fill it in with whatever makes us believe the story more. The description on the F95Zone game page, which also serves as the starter exposition of the game, summarizes the plot quite succinctly so I’m going to move on to the next amazing thing about this game, it tells you how many things you can interact with in the game. What I mean is, during its sandbox moments (WAIT! the sandbox is actually good in this game don’t leave!) it tells you on the top right how many things you can interact with. Unlike most other games that lets you interact with the scene, such as Milfy City and its cards you can find, you don’t have to move your mouse around the whole render looking for something only to find out there’s nothing there. Here it tells you how many and the hitboxes for them are substantial, allowing for a better user experience. I have not seen another game do this, so it took up most of the positives, but I don’t care I love them for this. Other than that, the renders are fine too, a bit noisy during any poorly lit scenes but nothing major. Sound design also got me on the edge of my seat during a particularly tense moment. TLDR, the story, UX, and sound design are amazing.

The negatives are primarily to do with the games character stat tracker. Certain actions make your character gain points towards or against certain attributes and despite the help menu’s explanation they are still confusing to what they do. For example, getting horny causes tension, but the game doesn’t explain exactly what happens when I gain too much tension and or even what quantifies as too much tension. All I know is that the game wants me to keep it balanced and I better. Perhaps the vagueness was a deliberate thing, but I would really like more explanation, especially as this stat system looks like its going to be an important aspect of the game moving forward.

Overall, I really hope this game goes all the way because there hasn’t been a game on this site in a long while to actually grip me with its story and gameplay.

P.S. I went into this game with the idea of going full Raptus and abusing the girl but ended the prologue wanting nothing more than to protect the female main character. IDK why I felt the need to share that but yea, no bulli FMC pls, shes been through enough.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

ladunga

Very promessing game. It has a lot of potential, no doubt of it. I like the concept of a post-apocalyptic world where everything is rough, people do change and get to know their real selves showing their true evilness or goodness. Can't wait for next updates
  16. 5.00 star(s)

hansolo1195

Version reviewed: v.1.16

This game shows a lot of promise. I'm happy to be a patron on Patreon after discovering it here. I really hope they keep working on this project and add more elements of a post-apocalyptic world. There are many post-apocalyptic games, but they quickly devolve into a harem sex-fest where every female throws themselves at the MC. I'm happy that in this game, you can play as a depraved MC and the girl responds differently.

One thing to mention is that the English is not amazing. It's not awful - it's still playable - but I think the developers can use a simple grammar checking tool or have a native speaker proofread. Most mistakes are fairly innocuous ("loose" instead of "lose," spelling errors, etc.)
  17. 4.00 star(s)

anon280

Version: Ep.1 Prologue v1.15

A post apocalyptic game that feels like one and plays like one with some choices that add slightly more morbid outcomes

Writing

• on the slightly heavy backstory side but not overbearing lines of text
    • writes itself well as a psychological horror mixed with unforgiving realism and dark humour
    • a lot of morbidity in how the sexual themes play out inside the MC's head
    • a lot of typos in text and menu: help

Gameplay
    • interactive by allowing you to click within the environment to do most things
      • and react to some quick decision moments that aren't really consequential at this version
    • the one sex minigame is annoying and would find it a poor element if continued in that style
    • consists of a lot of choices that affects different stats
      • too soon to tell to what extent the consequences will arise from them

Visual and Sound
    • environment graphics are very accurately dilapidated and detailed, great use of lighting
    • character renders kind of meh, not as much skin detail and shading but the filth of the girl/Jessica was on point
    • great use of theatrical scores
    • a lot of sfx to fit the actions
      • toilet scene was funny - always found there a lack of that in VNs even though i don't fetishize it

Sexual Content
    • you can choose to be a very horny MC
      • which makes some scenarios quite sickening, if you into that
    • nothing worthwhile right now but the game doesn't avoid a moment to allow you to be a bit of a pervert or a sociopath
      • whether that be through masturbating, masturbating over dead bodies, groping, spying, eliciting or manipulating

I hope the developer is getting feedback because with just a bit more tweaking he can have one of the best erotic survival games on the market.
    Major disappointment that all the previews are not available in the game right now
    - i'm looking at you big butt chick by sink.jpeg
  18. 4.00 star(s)

lefleuriste126

Very good game, very good anime. It can become an excellent game, let's see what the next updates will give! Let's stay tuned.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Aeneasc

This version offers a short but convincing start to a post-apocalyptic scenario that we have seen quite often in similar ways. However, similar games often lack some kind of realistic harshness that makes the entire scenario feel immersive. I feel that this game wont make this mistake since it already features psychological traumata and suicide.

Suggestions to the developer:
    I would suggest to take some general harshness directions from games like "desert stalker" which features quite heavy post-apocalyptic content and got absurdely good reviews/ratings from the community. I would also like to try to convince you to abstain from an approach where extremely bad decisions automatically always end in game overs or bad consequences - the world you are building might get quite more realistic when you sometimes just can get away with evil stuff.
  20. 4.00 star(s)

coffeeaddicted

[V1.1]
    Ok, here is my small review.
    Its quiet early to review a game with not much content.
    But the content available will give us a glimpse where the train will be rolling.

If you like Fallout as game, you surely will like this one.
    Human race decimated or possibly gone. You are the lone survivor, as far as you know. And your journey begins.....

The presentation is great.
    Keep in mind that the game intents to put you in a quasi real world. This means if you go in a cellar (which you do) and there is no light, you see nothing. Though you do have flashlight. Maybe you should see a little more then.
    I found it actually ok. But you need to familiarize yourself with the tools the game offers.
    Now, if you are not a fan of clicky here or clicky there, this may not be for you. Though i think it works so far. The task in this short episode are reachable and quick.
    Another thing i like about the game, you do not freaking see yourself. Most games show the MC. That maybe ok or not. Depending if you want to or be able to identify with the male.
    So with that, you can let your dreams or imagination run.

The interaction is good. Though i wished, the answer would be in the center of the screen. If you click quickly you could accidentally press them.

Other then that i think the characters look good and the environment looks good to me.
    I think you try out every option to interact. So let your pervert fantasy run wild. See what happens.

With all that it looks good. Like i said, its an early release. So there isn't much content yet.
    I assume that you will gather items for survival, which you would do in a fallout game. Have fights, make sacrifices. And if you a naughty Fallout player, you will have lots of sex.

I found one sex scene in the game so far. Sadly the game will end. :eek: But i assume because you were :devilish:

I think even if you are not to much in to management or sandbox, you should give it a try.
    Personally thinking. As long its not like some other games where you just busy managing things, i am ok.

I can not judge graphics really, but i think the story convinced me and i like the theme. To me this is refreshing.

(y)

p.s. i want to add that i appreciate the art work for the slides in the beginning.
    They remind me off Wasteland the game and one of a Saga album called Images at Twilight.