What do you thinks about sandbox in the games?

• I like

Votes: 59 65.6%
  • I dont like

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • I have no opinion

Votes: 11 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

-Awake-

Apocalypse Lovers
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2021
Hi everyone, this is Awake, the developer and creator of Apocalypse Lovers that Manoman often talks about. Thanks to him for taking the time to respond to the community for me, keeping you updated on the game's progress and about my personal situation. This was allowing me to focus entierly on the game development. But even with his help with all the social media and all, I know this update is taking way too long.

So first, please know that I'm at least as excited as you are about the update's upcoming release. And I admit that I myself thought it would be quicker but I was delayed due to various IRL issues, as Manoman tried to explain to you. Everything is already well documented on the patreon page, which is why I don't necessarily post duplicates informations here about this kind of stuff or regarding the progress of the game.

But in general the reason is simple, I am not able to be financially independent at the moment, which is why my main job still occupies a very large part of my schedule. When I will be able to safely leave it, I will therefore be able to work on the game full time and you will get very regular updates.

Also, I'm the type who really wants to tweak things and I don't want to post sloppy or incomplete content, which is why it also takes more time. Because I'm afraid that if I hurry up to much there will be the risk of lowering the quality. I really want to offer a good experience to the players who follow me and I don't want to disappoint them.

In any case, thank you very much for your enthusiasm and your support and know that if you liked this prologue, I've no doubt you will be seduced by this new version !

APOLOV DEBORAH PROMO NEXT UPDATE.jpg

Neero9

Oct 14, 2016
Hi everyone, this is Awake, the developer and creator of Apocalypse Lovers that Manoman often talks about. Thanks to him for taking the time to respond to the community for me, keeping you updated on the game's progress and about my personal situation. This was allowing me to focus entierly on the game development. But even with his help with all the social media and all, I know this update is taking way too long.

So first, please know that I'm at least as excited as you are about the update's upcoming release. And I admit that I myself thought it would be quicker but I was delayed due to various IRL issues, as Manoman tried to explain to you. Everything is already well documented on the patreon page, which is why I don't necessarily post duplicates informations here about this kind of stuff or regarding the progress of the game.

But in general the reason is simple, I am not able to be financially independent at the moment, which is why my main job still occupies a very large part of my schedule. When I will be able to safely leave it, I will therefore be able to work on the game full time and you will get very regular updates.

Also, I'm the type who really wants to tweak things and I don't want to post sloppy or incomplete content, which is why it also takes more time. Because I'm afraid that if I hurry up to much there will be the risk of lowering the quality. I really want to offer a good experience to the players who follow me and I don't want to disappoint them.

In any case, thank you very much for your enthusiasm and your support and know that if you liked this prologue, I've no doubt you will be seduced by this new version !

View attachment 2175880
lies-deception.gif

AmIaRobot

Nov 15, 2020
Not a walkthrough, but in case anyone missed:

Try to lower Jessica's Anxiety (or increase happiness, same thing) as your first priority.
Once it's lower than or equal to 50, do not return the clothes to Jessica right away.
Take advantage of the situation, and then demand to check her body yourself.

There is an additional choice afterwards, to go even further afterwards, but it seems like it's bugged, and both choice leads to same conclusion.

Really like the concept of the game, and I can see this going far.

Manoman13

Dec 10, 2020
Hello, I created a poll on the page to get your opinion on whether or not you would like the sandbox in the game.
And on and about how much sandbox there should be in the game (poll available from $1 subscription)

More information:

I started to code a sandbox part for Apocalypse Lovers of which I will present some of the mechanics here to give you an idea. However, although this is close to my heart (and you will understand why) I still wanted to collect your opinions on this.

Because you will understand that adding a sandbox game to Apocalypse Lovers has some serious implications and this is what I will talk about here before leaving you the choice throuht this survey.

First, what is a Sandbox Game?

A completely sandbox game is generally non-directive, in an open world, and includes a great deal of freedom of action. The developer gives a range of tools to the player in order to modify or interact with the content. It's leaves the player free to perform these interactions or not, in any order and without imposing strict guidelines. But usually, this kind of game has no real story (Minecraft, Rust, Ark, 7 days to die, Factorio, etc).

We therefore speak of 'Sandboxing' as opposed to the theme park games which offers a more linear progression of the content. Even if there are choices dividing the story into different branches or ramifications, the progression is always carried out in the same direction. This usually allows you to focus on a very worked and captivating story (ex : Deus Ex).

Yeah, yeah I know, some games have both aspects : they have a very worked scenario and a lot of freedom of action. But these are relatively exceptional and it's usually games that have had several years of development and cost millions (ex: Red Dead Redemption 2, Fallout 3, Fallout 4, Witcher 3, etc )

THE SANDBOXING IN APOCALYPSE LOVERS

Here are some examples of what I'm currently working on :
screenshot0008.png screenshot0009.png SANDBOX-POST-Interactive-Stock-Multiple.jpg screenshot0007.png screenshot0004.png screenshot0003s.png SANDBOX POST - DAILY Repport.jpg

1 - Rhythm and Gameplay

The sandbox part of Apocalypse Lovers, as I've currently imagined it, has been worked on to avoid breaking the rhythm of the game. It does not replace the story, but is supposed to merge with it. Moreover, like the mini-games, it is planned to be optional (at least for the longest passages) so that the player who only wishes to focus on the progress of the story can still do it. The goal is to offer bonuses (especially in terms of mini-scenes) to players who want to explore all aspects of the game as much as possible and who like ressources/items management. However, I would make sure to keep the pacing unaltered so as not to disturb the flow of the story.

Besides, like some has done it before, I wouldn't fall for an easy solution to - artificially increase the game's lifespan. I'll make sure that the Sandbox is there to achieve its goal without falling into overly repetitive or boring mechanics. Harvesting resources outdoors will be short, and the accumulation curve will be properly scaled.

Like I said, the sandbox part isn't designed to artificially extend the life of the game, but rather to offer the player a new sensation.

In my opinion, adding this sandbox part would add a very important touch of immersion to Apocalypse Lovers.

Because it would anchor the player in a post-apocalyptic world, making him more aware of his responsibilities and the implications of his choices: he is the master of his own survival. And survival in a hostile world, while difficult, also brings its share of gratification, well-being and fulfillment. It's a simple and immutable sensation that has existed since the dawn of time and which takes place according to the following stages:

- The capable man finds shelter and secures it.

- The man finds a woman and offers her the safety of his shelter.

- Man leave his home and his security every day to seek resources.

- The man bring back ressources to his home.

- The man and the woman enjoy the resources that allow them to survive.

- The woman feels safe and her needs are met, she is grateful to the man and shows it to him.

- The woman and the man procreat.

This feeling is very palpable but only met is full power in a post-apocalyptique world. We can found some comparaison nowdays but this isn't exactly the same thing : when you go out to your work in the office (to earn money to buy food to sustain your familly) you are not putting your life at risk (or just a little if you drive back home while speaking on the phone). Nowdays, things are more diluted and complexified. So this is this feeling I was trying to recreat in this game. And it's kind of the same feeling you could experienced if you where all the day doing strenuous and challenging outdoor activities in the snow, then, when you come back home with frozen fingers and back aches, you sit quietly in front an already hot fireplace while your wife takes care of your every needs.

There is, however, a major downside to this. A disadvantage that I cannot avoid.

Indeed, after reading the above, you will say to yourself: "Yes, of course, it's necessarily a good thing! Why is he doing a survey?"

Well, because the problem is that I am alone to code the game and that the addition of this sandbox part, although it is, in my opinion, undeniably beneficial, will necessarily lengthen my pace of work on the story itself and on the progression of the scenario. I'm not Activision, I work alone, which is why I take your opinion into consideration. So continuing to develop this Sandbox part (which is already well advanced) will necessarily increase the release time between updates.

Any way, I hope you had find this post usefull and you will help me take the right decision.

Thank you !

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
Hello, I created a poll on the page to get your opinion on whether or not you would like the sandbox in the game.
And on and about how much sandbox there should be in the game (poll available from $1 subscription)

More information:

I started to code a sandbox part for Apocalypse Lovers of which I will present some of the mechanics here to give you an idea. However, although this is close to my heart (and you will understand why) I still wanted to collect your opinions on this.

Because you will understand that adding a sandbox game to Apocalypse Lovers has some serious implications and this is what I will talk about here before leaving you the choice throuht this survey.

First, what is a Sandbox Game?

A completely sandbox game is generally non-directive, in an open world, and includes a great deal of freedom of action. The developer gives a range of tools to the player in order to modify or interact with the content. It's leaves the player free to perform these interactions or not, in any order and without imposing strict guidelines. But usually, this kind of game has no real story (Minecraft, Rust, Ark, 7 days to die, Factorio, etc).

We therefore speak of 'Sandboxing' as opposed to the theme park games which offers a more linear progression of the content. Even if there are choices dividing the story into different branches or ramifications, the progression is always carried out in the same direction. This usually allows you to focus on a very worked and captivating story (ex : Deus Ex).

Yeah, yeah I know, some games have both aspects : they have a very worked scenario and a lot of freedom of action. But these are relatively exceptional and it's usually games that have had several years of development and cost millions (ex: Red Dead Redemption 2, Fallout 3, Fallout 4, Witcher 3, etc )

THE SANDBOXING IN APOCALYPSE LOVERS

Here are some examples of what I'm currently working on :
View attachment 2197663 View attachment 2197664 View attachment 2197666 View attachment 2197667 View attachment 2197668 View attachment 2197669 View attachment 2197671

1 - Rhythm and Gameplay

The sandbox part of Apocalypse Lovers, as I've currently imagined it, has been worked on to avoid breaking the rhythm of the game. It does not replace the story, but is supposed to merge with it. Moreover, like the mini-games, it is planned to be optional (at least for the longest passages) so that the player who only wishes to focus on the progress of the story can still do it. The goal is to offer bonuses (especially in terms of mini-scenes) to players who want to explore all aspects of the game as much as possible and who like ressources/items management. However, I would make sure to keep the pacing unaltered so as not to disturb the flow of the story.

Besides, like some has done it before, I wouldn't fall for an easy solution to - artificially increase the game's lifespan. I'll make sure that the Sandbox is there to achieve its goal without falling into overly repetitive or boring mechanics. Harvesting resources outdoors will be short, and the accumulation curve will be properly scaled.

Like I said, the sandbox part isn't designed to artificially extend the life of the game, but rather to offer the player a new sensation.

In my opinion, adding this sandbox part would add a very important touch of immersion to Apocalypse Lovers.

Because it would anchor the player in a post-apocalyptic world, making him more aware of his responsibilities and the implications of his choices: he is the master of his own survival. And survival in a hostile world, while difficult, also brings its share of gratification, well-being and fulfillment. It's a simple and immutable sensation that has existed since the dawn of time and which takes place according to the following stages:

- The capable man finds shelter and secures it.

- The man finds a woman and offers her the safety of his shelter.

- Man leave his home and his security every day to seek resources.

- The man bring back ressources to his home.

- The man and the woman enjoy the resources that allow them to survive.

- The woman feels safe and her needs are met, she is grateful to the man and shows it to him.

- The woman and the man procreat.

This feeling is very palpable but only met is full power in a post-apocalyptique world. We can found some comparaison nowdays but this isn't exactly the same thing : when you go out to your work in the office (to earn money to buy food to sustain your familly) you are not putting your life at risk (or just a little if you drive back home while speaking on the phone). Nowdays, things are more diluted and complexified. So this is this feeling I was trying to recreat in this game. And it's kind of the same feeling you could experienced if you where all the day doing strenuous and challenging outdoor activities in the snow, then, when you come back home with frozen fingers and back aches, you sit quietly in front an already hot fireplace while your wife takes care of your every needs.

There is, however, a major downside to this. A disadvantage that I cannot avoid.

Indeed, after reading the above, you will say to yourself: "Yes, of course, it's necessarily a good thing! Why is he doing a survey?"

Well, because the problem is that I am alone to code the game and that the addition of this sandbox part, although it is, in my opinion, undeniably beneficial, will necessarily lengthen my pace of work on the story itself and on the progression of the scenario. I'm not Activision, I work alone, which is why I take your opinion into consideration. So continuing to develop this Sandbox part (which is already well advanced) will necessarily increase the release time between updates.

Any way, I hope you had find this post usefull and you will help me take the right decision.

Thank you !
First of all, great to see you guys are still alive and didnt coped out of the shrooms.
Secondly, I will agree with most of what you say. The only thing I disagree I will mention later.

To summ it up what you wanted to say is that the Sandbox offers you more immersion as a Player then a VN and many people know that. The problem why many people still dont like Sandbox is not that its a Sandbox, but that most of them suck since they are poorly done. Apocalypse Lovers up until now made a great example how a Sandbox can be made and the time I played I never got bored or thougfht that my time was wasted. It was pretty much the opposide and I really enjoyed the whole free roam. It really made the world feel alive but also as you were playing a game rather then reading a text. (Thats the reason why I check this thread on a weekly basis!)

If people think im coping then they should check games like Parasite Black out since its similar on the sandbox element and not a RPGMaker one. ( These RPGMaker are even more popular).
So there is a market but like in most cases in lies in the details if people like it or not. The current problemof the game is, which as you found out, is that it takes to long.

While I understand it, like most of the people do, they still want to know if its still worked on and some leaks or infos about the next update is all we need.

The stuff I disagree:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Manoman13

Dec 10, 2020
First of all, great to see you guys are still alive and didnt coped out of the shrooms.
Secondly, I will agree with most of what you say. The only thing I disagree I will mention later.

To summ it up what you wanted to say is that the Sandbox offers you more immersion as a Player then a VN and many people know that. The problem why many people still dont like Sandbox is not that its a Sandbox, but that most of them suck since they are poorly done. Apocalypse Lovers up until now made a great example how a Sandbox can be made and the time I played I never got bored or thougfht that my time was wasted. It was pretty much the opposide and I really enjoyed the whole free roam. It really made the world feel alive but also as you were playing a game rather then reading a text. (Thats the reason why I check this thread on a weekly basis!)

If people think im coping then they should check games like Parasite Black out since its similar on the sandbox element and not a RPGMaker one. ( These RPGMaker are even more popular).
So there is a market but like in most cases in lies in the details if people like it or not. The current problemof the game is, which as you found out, is that it takes to long.

While I understand it, like most of the people do, they still want to know if its still worked on and some leaks or infos about the next update is all we need.

The stuff I disagree:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you for your feedback, first of all I want to say that I am a VN player like all of you here, and it must be said that many VNs with sandboxes are just there to artificially add life to the games, but add no pleasure, see breaks the rhythm of the game.

That's why we were afraid to put sandbox in the game, even just a little because the sandbox has more often a bad reputation than a good reputation in most cases, so to know that in apocalypse lovers you appreciate it, it's a pleasure to read.

But we want to know the opinion of the community, for that we created a simple poll here on F95 with a yes or no answer for the sandbox and a poll on and (from the subscription at 1$) for know how much sandbox (well written and implemented) we need to add (it's normal I think to give a little more involvement to those who support us financially, I hope you understand).

But I don't understand what you disagree with?
That there are too many women in the future? Or is it too easy to sleep with her? Or is it not easy enough to sleep with her?

sorry my level of English may not allow me to understand o_O

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
But I don't understand what you disagree with?
That there are too many women in the future? Or is it too easy to sleep with her? Or is it not easy enough to sleep with her?

sorry my level of English may not allow me to understand o_O
It was a joke lol. The only "disagreement" was in the quotes you said only woman as in singular. I, like many people here, want to have MANY womans to secure, provide and have segs :LUL::LUL::LUL:.
Hence I replaced where it sounded as it was only one woman into many womans :WeSmart:

Edit:
No lol. I want MORE womans. ;)

Manoman13

Dec 10, 2020
It was a joke lol. The only "disagreement" was in the quotes you said only woman as in singular. I, like many people here, want to have MANY womans to secure, provide and have segs :LUL::LUL::LUL:.
Hence I replaced where it sounded as it was only one woman into many womans :WeSmart:

Edit:

No lol. I want MORE womans. ;)
AHAHAH ok i understand, don't worry you won't be disappointed. :sneaky:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Harem Trooper

jason23

Aug 13, 2021
Why are we seeing about a possible sandbox mode when we could've had an update by now? Feels like we're just going in circles and not a direct path. "Necessarily increase update progress"

Reactions: Jarul

JoeAngel

Oct 16, 2020
can someone tell me what i have here I mean I did download the game before and it was only Demo and it end with both Go to sleep him dream and wake up now i did download the game same thing Demo So what's going on I did Download crunched
how to get the game itself Not just demo >?

Manoman13

Dec 10, 2020
can someone tell me what i have here I mean I did download the game before and it was only Demo and it end with both Go to sleep him dream and wake up now i did download the game same thing Demo So what's going on I did Download crunched
how to get the game itself Not just demo >?
To see the rest, you will have to wait for the next update.

JoeAngel

Oct 16, 2020
To see the rest, you will have to wait for the next update.
I didn't see most of pictures of what showing Up there
There is Lady with gun Jessy Sitting a girl running From Who knows what nothing of this Stuff Found ???

Manoman13

Dec 10, 2020
Hello ! The survey is now closed.

thank you to all the voters for participating and see you soon !

DurtyHarry2029

Mar 2, 2021
Hey just wanted to clarify one thing right quick. There is only one option for the "censorship" right at the beginning right? Can't do the 18+ yet, right? I flipped through some pages and didn't see the answer.

4.40 star(s) 29 Votes