What do you thinks about sandbox in the games?

• I like

Votes: 59 65.6%
  • I dont like

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • I have no opinion

Votes: 11 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Morality points should be named something else, like depravity. It goes up when doing bad things, right?

e-disfunction

Jun 1, 2019
I don't know the best question to ask:
In your title, "Apocalypse' Lovers", what does the apostrophe (') mean, please? OR, the apostrophe is confusing — what does "Apocalypse' Lovers" mean, please? (y)

I would attempt to translate my question but my Québécois is very bad.

(As it is written now, "Apocalypse' Lovers" seems to mean "There is a club of people who greatly apprectiate many of the apocalypses".)
(In English, an apostrophe usually designates ownsership like "Napoleon's Palace"; or designates that there are letters missing from the word like "is not" is shortened to "isn't"; or designates multiple owners like "the athletes' equipment".)

e-d :)

Reactions: hr17 and HogRocket

NathanD7

Jun 30, 2018
Good premise of the game. But the UI needs to be a either a bit bigger, or more noticeable. The colors purple and green for text are abysmal also. Add maybe adjustable text background color in the settings.

Btw we need a WT for this too, from what I've seen in the folders, there's so much miss able content.

Reactions: hr17

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Playing around with the game for a bit, and I can tell that you won't be able to do everything in the evil/rapist way. The scripted bad endings aside, there are other interactions that are gated by her anxiety, which will go up unchecked if you are sexual with her. If the anxiety is too high, you will miss scenes. The only way to lower it would be to treat her nice and lower her anxiety (by raising happiness). The choices that raise happiness are basically the opposite ones from the perv/rapey/corruption/dominant choices, so you gotta basically walk a tightrope by building her up and then taking advantage of her, but by doing so, you will not be able to make use of all the opportunities to do sexual stuff with her.

I'm using console to periodically lower anxiety to acceptable levels to do any of the "non-bad end" sexual acts, and it's really apparent that I wouldn't be able to do half these things by playing normally while picking all the sexual abusive actions that don't immediately lead to bad ends.

That's not really a complaint. Just pointing out the game design. I personally will just cheat to lower anxiety as needed though.

Last edited:

r3dSk0rp10n

Sep 13, 2021
how does one passes the Choose your Censorship level?
Clicking left mouse, pressing Enter, Spacebar, nothing works.
screenshot0001.png

Manoman13

Dec 10, 2020

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Doing the censorship codes like that is a great idea.

Might be nice to be able to increase the size of the font.
Very nice graphics. Some of the better ones that I've seen in these games.
More like a story through the use of paintings rather than cartoons.

Wasn't aware this was a puzzle game, kind of ruined the flow of the story for me
so I went ahead and deleted it.

Good Luck though,
I'm sure you'll do well with this.

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: Manoman13

Manoman13

Dec 10, 2020
Good premise of the game. But the UI needs to be a either a bit bigger, or more noticeable. The colors purple and green for text are abysmal also. Add maybe adjustable text background color in the settings.

Btw we need a WT for this too, from what I've seen in the folders, there's so much miss able content.
We'll talk about it among ourselves to see if we'll make any changes, but I'm not promising you anything.
For the Walkthrough we need the help of a friendly modder. :)

Last edited:

haha mm

Apr 17, 2017
Damn, not bad! Dev, can you tell us if Samantha will show up later on? Judging by everything I'm pretty sure she will, though.

-Awake-

Apocalypse Lovers
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2021
You might want to rewrite your overview.
" The grass covered the concrete, ..." and not a bit of green anywhere in your previews.
Just to be nit-picking: why would someone be living in a box in an alley when there should be plenty of empty houses, apartments and buildings everywhere?
Don't worry there will be green if you like greeen ;)
And about the girl living in a box, you're right, its might seem strange like this. But this reasoning only works if one assumes that her mental health is perfectly balanced :p

Morality points should be named something else, like depravity. It goes up when doing bad things, right?
I understand the confusion. It was not intended to be a "morality" thing but was suppose to being seen as a way to keep morale high for the MC. It's good for morale to allow yourself a few small pleasures, even pleasures with a sexual connotation. But maybe the choice of the word "Moral" as a variable is bad, I will take this into account for next chapter.

how does one passes the Choose your Censorship level?
Clicking left mouse, pressing Enter, Spacebar, nothing works.
Are you using a mod ? If yes, try just using the code number in the main thread.

Playing around with the game for a bit, and I can tell that you won't be able to do everything in the evil/rapist way. The scripted bad endings aside, there are other interactions that are gated by her anxiety, which will go up unchecked if you are sexual with her. If the anxiety is too high, you will miss scenes. The only way to lower it would be to treat her nice and lower her anxiety (by raising happiness). The choices that raise happiness are basically the opposite ones from the perv/rapey/corruption/dominant choices, so you gotta basically walk a tightrope by building her up and then taking advantage of her, but by doing so, you will not be able to make use of all the opportunities to do sexual stuff with her.

That's not really a complaint. Just pointing out the game design. I personally will just cheat to lower anxiety as needed though.
Yeah. This is intended. But it will not be the case forever, don't worry. This is too soon in the story to do be able to do this kind of stuff to her without making her having a mental break :p

Moreover, even if it's difficult without editing the variables during the game, there is some path where you can be almost sexual and do certain stuff to her without getting an endgame. The choices complexity is also intended because when I will implement the hidden screen reward system it will make an other challenge for the player who want to try obtaining all the rewards.

Damn, not bad! Dev, can you tell us if Samantha will show up later on? Judging by everything I'm pretty sure she will, though.
She will arrived soon enought don't worry. However, please know that I want to prepare the ground properly for her arrival !

Can you be more specific on that? When do you think the UI should be bigger and when the colors for text is bothering you ? Are you talking about the characters names ?

Apocalypse Lovers? Ya mean Fan Club of Fallout Enthusiasts?
I don't know the best question to ask:
In your title, "Apocalypse' Lovers", what does the apostrophe (') mean, please? OR, the apostrophe is confusing — what does "Apocalypse' Lovers" mean, please? (y)
I would attempt to translate my question but my Québécois is very bad.
(As it is written now, "Apocalypse' Lovers" seems to mean "There is a club of people who greatly apprectiate many of the apocalypses".)
(In English, an apostrophe usually designates ownsership like "Napoleon's Palace"; or designates that there are letters missing from the word like "is not" is shortened to "isn't"; or designates multiple owners like "the athletes' equipment".)
I will try to explain this without spoiling the story ;)

This is intended for the title to have a double meaning.

The real title of this game series has been modified and now it's just : Apocalyspe Lovers.

Meaning 1 : The lovers of the apocalypse, like two person who love each over during the apocalypse.
Meaning 2 : A group of person who love the apocalyspe itself, as in the expression "cat lovers" which speak about people enthusiastic about cats.

And this two different signification are both equal and really relevant to the main plot.

I do like this ambivalence and I hope you will like it too when you will get the deep meaning of it as the story progress.

Last edited:

Невзор

Jul 8, 2017
A very good project. Promising, original... But the author makes one very serious mistake. It gives the player the illusion that something depends on his choice. That there are different ways out of situations, but this is not so! The game is linear, there is only one right way that allows you to move along the plot, any other choice leads to a bad ending. This is very disappointing! You can't give the player a choice, and then punish him for choosing the wrong option! Why then give a choice at all? Either completely remove the opportunity to choose, or prescribe different ways of developing the story.

Reactions: korat56

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
Don't worry there will be green if you like greeen ;)
WTF is that supposed to mean? I bring up a valid point that, contrary to your overview, there isn't a bit of plant life in any of your previews and you answer with that?

I wish you luck, but no.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

-Awake-

Apocalypse Lovers
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2021
WTF is that supposed to mean? I bring up a valid point that, contrary to your overview, there isn't a bit of plant life in any of your previews and you answer with that?
I wish you luck, but no.
I think you misinterpreted what I tried to say.

It was indeed a valid point, there isn't a lot of green in the overview pictures. But if I told you that, it's precisely because I knew that there would be a lot of scenes in the future that would take place in this type of environment (ruin covered with greenery) but I didn't want to reveal too much about this subject for now.

Because many of these scenes are already rendered and I'm kinda looking forward to showing them to you during future updates, that's why I was happy to answer you with a touch of friendly mystery.

Reactions: Boehser Onkel
4.40 star(s) 28 Votes