Mod Ren'Py Apocalypse Lovers [v1.21] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OvertureX

Apr 14, 2018
Chapter 2 update?
Edit: I'm not actually sure what the most recent update would be called, but the original game's scripts.rpa file is now 8605 KB vs. this mod's 6246 KB.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Chapter 2 update?
Edit: I'm not actually sure what the most recent update would be called, but the original game's scripts.rpa file is now 8605 KB vs. this mod's 6246 KB.
File sizes are no way to compare VN:Mod versions bud, they mean nothing. This mod is for VN version v1.21 which is exactly the version found in the VN's OP... so it's the latest "public" update available. Make sense?

OvertureX

Apr 14, 2018
File sizes are no way to compare VN:Mod versions bud, they mean nothing. This mod is for VN version v1.21 which is exactly the version found in the VN's OP... so it's the latest "public" update available. Make sense?
Size reduction usually means removed lines of code, but I didn't see any mention of optimization of the original author's code in your OP, so it's a safe bet to be used for an update comparison. Since you're saying that it's up-to-date, may I ask what was altered within the file?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Size reduction usually means removed lines of code, but I didn't see any mention of optimization of the original author's code in your OP, so it's a safe bet to be used for an update comparison. Since you're saying that it's up-to-date, may I ask what was altered within the file?
You assume too much as fact when it is not. What I stated is correct. File size doesn't matter at all in anything that has been compressed/archived for distribution as the results if done a dozen times in a row will always result in the final file sizes being a dozen different sizes. You're of course free to "think" what you want, but that thought simply isn't true nor accurate.

Obviously any mod actually adds to base code... otherwise there would be no hooks (it wouldn't do anything). So asking what all has been altered in the code is the coding additions necessary to make all the functions of the mod listed in this thread's OP functional.

OvertureX

Apr 14, 2018
Obviously any mod actually adds to base code... otherwise there would be no hooks (it wouldn't do anything). So asking what all has been altered it the code necessary to make all the functions of the mod listed in this thread's OP functional.
My question was specifically for the scripts.rpa file (e.g. the walkthrough choice component), but I'm guessing there wasn't a way to future-proof your mod by referring into the file, rather than altering it.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
My question was specifically for the scripts.rpa file (e.g. the walkthrough choice component), but I'm guessing there wasn't a way to future-proof your mod by referring into the file, rather than altering it.
All of every SanchoMod multimods made public rely on embedding necessary RenPy/Python code throughout a VN's script (coding) files. RenPy VN's only basically contain it's core engine files, script files, and media (images, audio, fonts, etc.). Given that every single mod will rely on a certain set or all of the individual VN's script files to function those are the files that are modified. So, considering I use a physically embedded script coding methodology (all RenPy/Python mods do that have functionality beyond informational lookup such as URM, etc), a mod must be updated on each VN update if it is to remain in sync since the "new" VN update code must also be processed with new mod code. The idea of future proofing is only the mod author's ability to retain the desire to inject (process) the mod's required code functionality into any new VN update script going forward.

Reactions: OvertureX

spyfoxjm

Nov 1, 2018
I installed the mod, and now whenever I press start on the main screen nothing happens.
I think the game is freezing, because the music stops and start gets highlighted in green, but the game becomes completely unresponsive and won't accept any further input.

I tried waiting 10 minutes after pressing start to see if it would eventually load, but it showed no signs of actually starting the game.

I'm playing the game through JoiPlay, so it might be a JoiPlay thing.
But I'm pretty sure it's something about the mod, since the base game without the mod works just fine.

I tried circumventing the start by creating a save with the base game then attempting to load it with the mod installed, but despite the save slot showing the save, clicking on the save seemed to do nothing. I'm assuming the save was incompatible with the modded version of the game.

I'm not really sure what else to try.
But I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote