Mod Ren'Py Apocalypse Lovers [v1.21] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod QM HoverMode detail:

One of the new features (I know, it's minor but it's been requested more than a few times) is a QM hover mode. This one is coded pretty slick, since the QM is toggled in one of three ways: via the MiniMenu, SanchoOptions, or HotKey "q". Each one effects the QM differently so it was a bit tricky to code intuitively and correctly.
  • Via the MiniMenu only toggles the QM On/Off regardless of any current setting (regardless of On/Off/Hover).
  • Via SanchoOptions and you get everything in one place to tweak the QM (teaser below).
  • Via HotKey "q" cycles through the QM stages (On/Off/Hover).
  • All three above populate an associated SanchoNotifications (the upper-left notification flag) to let you know what mode QM is in.
I made it so if the player has the HoverMode enabled that the QM is shown with SanchoOptions screen open so you can actually see the QuickMenu while adjusting parameters. Once the player is done adjusting it, if the HoverMode is still active then when SanchoOptions is closed the QM goes back into its HoverMode state (hidden until the player mouses over a specified target area). HoverMode is automatically reset to Off if the QM is disabled (so it remains intuitive to use). It's setting is saved on a per save file basis (as with most SanchoOptions I do my best not to never fuck with your persistent file). The default when starting the VN or within either Gallery is QM ON mode (non-hover mode).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (v0.21)

Go get you some.

Links in the OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

Changelog:
  • Updated to latest VN version
  • Updated to Core v7b
  • To summarize - everything has changed
If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters.

Regards and enjoy.

Greymantle

Jan 11, 2018
BTW, you might want to change your 'q' shortcut as it conflicts with the game current goals log

edit : and 'g' is for the game quick menu but overriden by your choice guide

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
BTW, you might want to change your 'q' shortcut as it conflicts with the game current goals log

edit : and 'g' is for the game quick menu but overriden by your choice guide
FYI: The QuickAccess toggle is available in SanchoCheats. See the orange arrows below:
1689114983178.png
The Goals log can be opened from QuickAccess, otherwise the MiniStat's dynamic code will automatically give you all those goals plus sub-goals that the VN's log doesn't show.

Reactions: Greymantle

Greymantle

Jan 11, 2018
FYI: The QuickAccess toggle is available in SanchoCheats. See the orange arrows below:
View attachment 2762656
The Goals log can be opened from QuickAccess, otherwise the MiniStat's dynamic code will automatically give you all those goals plus sub-goals that the VN's log doesn't show.
Neat. It's just unsettling that the keys the game tells us do something totally different, but no biggie.

Edit : even I had a heart attack seeing the awful grammatical error I made... Pardon my english, I'm French. :p

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Maintenance Update (Critical)

Links in mod's OP are updated accordingly.

Changlelog:
  • Resolves a VN undefined variable that caused an exception in the stat screens early-game as reported here.
Simply download and reinstall over existing mod installation, overwriting as requested if necessary.

Thanks to ryansFLYIN for bringing it to my attention.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
I'll probably focus on this game later on, but that MiniStat and Cheats you did seems like it will be a great help. Thank you so very much for this!!!

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Well, I couldn't figure out how to get out of that jerk off session with the ghost demon lady, so went back, and picked going to bed instead of summoning her, and after the long dream sequence, got caught up with the Dev, and no problems I could find from the mod, even kept mini menu open the whole time to help with the clicking on stuff. Thank you so very for your work on this mod, I never would have gotten caught up with the Dev if not for this mod. Also, since I tried to climb the tree the the neighbors house, saw what you meant by the objective of Try Not to Die. ;):LOL::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
aw what you meant by the objective of Try Not to Die
I've really been fighting myself on how to code the free roams better. I know folks want "all info" but there has to be some gameplay and suspense of the unknown to some degree... otherwise all the fun of discovery is lost. It's all subjective, but I'll do my best to get better at it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JenMistress

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I can't find out how this works lol, which support files go into the folder?
It's one step:
  1. Place ALL of the extracted contents of the mod's zip inside the VN's "/game" folder.
Just like any other RenPy VN. They all work the same way.

CaptainMezO

Mar 10, 2023
Hey man dump question, but how do i pull up the the mod menu for increasing the stats in roguelike evolution.

Hans_

Aug 13, 2017
Doesn't work 100% for me, when altering the cheat stats some stats resets to zero in some scenes.
Like when you ask her to remove the towel to inspect her, the submissiveness stat goes to zero and you fail.
Editing the save file manually in the same scene works just fine. Then again you don't really need to cheat as you stats will normally be high enough to support the direction you choose, love or corruption/submissiveness.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Doesn't work 100% for me, when altering the cheat stats some stats resets to zero in some scenes.
Like when you ask her to remove the towel to inspect her, the submissiveness stat goes to zero and you fail.
Editing the save file manually in the same scene works just fine. Then again you don't really need to cheat as you stats will normally be high enough to support the direction you choose, love or corruption/submissiveness.
If you change (in SanchoCheats) a stat AFTER the conditional that checks it is already in process then it doesn't matter... you must make changes BEFORE an internal condition occurs. The mod is fine, tweak the stat before entering the scene... it's the VN's conditionals being applied at the start of the scene that's making you get your failed result as it doesn't matter what you set the stats to after the conditional has been processed by RenPy due to the VN code. The stat must be set before RenPy processes the VN's conditional (on a per conditional basis).

Make sense what I'm saying?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote