• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

Mod Ren'Py Apocalypse Lovers [v1.21] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Hi man ty for your work, but why hidden the links?
usually old mod work anyway just some less content
The Dev did a BIG rework of their game. The old mod would absolutely not work in the current version of the game.

We just have to wait patiently while Sancho loses his mind coding all the different choices into the mod.

Which we undoubtedly are thankful of him for!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi man ty for your work, but why hidden the links?
usually old mod work anyway just some less content
Old mod is deprecated... kaput... dead. It's completely broken now after the new VN changes. Not my fault, I don't make 'em, I just mod 'em.

When you see this in a VN's OP... that's your warning that all previous countless hours of work are for not:
1688783612521.png

The Dev did a BIG rework of their game. The old mod would absolutely not work in the current version of the game.

We just have to wait patiently while Sancho loses his mind coding all the different choices into the mod.

Which we undoubtedly are thankful of him for!
Thank you for the accuracy. And yes, I'm likely to loose my mind coding this one. It's painfully slow to work the code for... reasons which I don't want to detail too much. Some VN's are just extremely difficult to work and likely why no one fucks with these most technical VN's. Hell, one of the side projects I've been working on (Project Atmosphere) has taken me forever to get near completion (and I'm damn close if I can get back to it... these other VN's just keep updating every time I try to catch my breath).

Thank you all for your patience. If it was easy everyone would do it I reckon. If it takes a dev a year to update it's certainly going to take me a few days working 16+ hrs per day to update the mod for it. Some of my latest public updates are those exact VN's... (with sarcasm) No, I'm not looking at you "Summer Scent", "Grey Dream", "Bad Memories", "Two Sides of Love", "Hard to Love", et al.

Now, that's a cue for an adult beverage refill.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Blame the Korean ramen. Always. Especially if they are Shin Ramyun.
I'm taking a break and sippin' a whiskey so I'm going off topic (we can do that here, it's my damn thread so fuck 'em).

I'm going to give you a redneck Korean twist among the many I learned when I was a young man. See, I studied Taekwando as a young man for years, and one of my early girlfriends back in the day due to that experience was a fine Korean girl (who I should have married and didn't). Her mom taught me a thing or two, unorthodox or orthodox is irrelevant... good eatin' is not irrelevant so just know I'm not full of shit with this passage of Shin(red, not black) goodness:

You and I both know since you mentioned "Shin" that you have attempted to make Kujirai a time or two (or a hundred)... and since you generally use half-packets for that you have dozens of full seasoning packs and looking for other uses for them. I got your back, again.

Make fried rice as you already know how to do minus the soy sauce (I won't judge you, I'm not Uncle Roger here). Yes, I know that leaving out the soy is damn near a sin but trust me here, it'll be too salty (a bit of fish sauce or oyster sauce is okay, just don't over do it) and I'm bringing the umami in another form. Now, assuming two cups of leftover rice (not one cup, two cups)... after the oil, extras, rice and before you do any egg (if you do, optional), in that fucking wok open a spare packet and throw that shit in (Edit: the seasoning base packet, not the damn poor man's veggie pack), toss (don't burn that shit man, move that wok like you own it).

Serve with side of kimchi of choice (we all know Napa is best but you do you), and a main protein if you thought ahead.

You're welcome. Once you eat that you'll wonder how a Caucasian redneck from Texas knows all these ethnic food tricks... but I've been a world traveler with successful businesses... I've seen my share of things. Give it a go, I wouldn't bullshit you bud.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Greymantle

Jan 11, 2018
Oh nice, I'll have to try that next time :giggle:

But until I can plan a trip to my best (and honestly, only valuable) korean store in Brussels (and damn it's a chore just to go to that damn city), I'm out of most of the best and honestly even correct ingredients (man, haveoyu ever tried what thai try to sell you as being "as good as kimchi" ? I'm still having nightmares about that shit).

Living alone has also its perks, and one of them is the culinary experiments I try. If it's unedible, at least I'm the only one knowing it and I can tell you that in my trials and errors with cooking, there have been maaaany trials, and quite a bit of errors. But when everythings clicks together, from ingredients to seasoning to the right drink with it (I'm from Burgundy, so raised as a wine guy, but I admit that asian food generally don't marry well with red wine. I learned to be a bit adventurous on this side too), it's a marvel that makes you want to share with everyone.

Anyway, it's past 5AM, working in 4 hours... I might try to get some sleep...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Oh nice, I'll have to try that next time :giggle:

But until I can plan a trip to my best (and honestly, only valuable) korean store in Brussels (and damn it's a chore just to go to that damn city), I'm out of most of the best and honestly even correct ingredients (man, haveoyu ever tried what thai try to sell you as being "as good as kimchi" ? I'm still having nightmares about that shit).

Living alone has also its perks, and one of them is the culinary experiments I try. If it's unedible, at least I'm the only one knowing it and I can tell you that in my trials and errors with cooking, there have been maaaany trials, and quite a bit of errors. But when everythings clicks together, from ingredients to seasoning to the right drink with it (I'm from Burgundy, so raised as a wine guy, but I admit that asian food generally don't marry well with red wine. I learned to be a bit adventurous on this side too), it's a marvel that makes you want to share with everyone.

Anyway, it's past 5AM, working in 4 hours... I might try to get some sleep...
I'll share damn near any recipe I have... except my brisket and smoke venison. Those have been multi-county and almost stat winners that I'll take to my grave... but man, I can make some game meat melt in your mouth. Life is a box of chocolates... or some such bullshit. Explore the world, do new things, and learn to fish, not be given or buy the fish... and you've become a better person. Absolutely no shame in the trials of education and experience to get there.

Okay, I switched real fast from food to morals and ethics... but that's how I roll. Have a good evening bud and best to you and yours, always.

Greymantle

Jan 11, 2018
Same, I switched to bio, local, moral and ethic food, whenever possible but sometimes, when you just want to try some world cuisine, local and bio are suddendly out of the picture. I'm no hunter, but venison can be amazing. I'm a fisherman though, and fresh fish is one of the most amazing thing you can cook. It's midday (well, in 40 minutes but i'm already on dinner break...) here, good evening/night to you and best to you and yours.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yep, I'm still at it. Here's a quick note to make on just a couple of the additions that I reckon you need to be aware exist. In the screenie below are visuals of this explanation.
  • Jessica has an Initiative/Submissive pathing that is correlated to her Init/Sub stat (there's no hard event variable yet that I've found). So, I've made note in one of the choices preceding that pathing relevance (before it really matters) and have added a realtime stat for that pathing in the Stat screens. These are noted with the Red arrows in the screenie below.
  • I've added a "QuickAccess" toggle function since it appears the dev closed it for the entire update and I'm certain didn't intend to. I've made it automatic in the VN code but added a toggle function so you have the choice of whether it is seen or not at will. This is noted with the Orange arrows in the screenie below.
1688829294505.png
I'm back to it.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay folks, I know this wait sucks but I am working long hours every single day... but everything in this VN seems to be fighting against me. I am now ported over to v1.21 and have fixed it's issues (I probably wrote too many new posts in the VN's thread tbh).

I know I'm at least 3/4 through the new content (including recoding the SanchoGallery scenes so you don't have to re-play the MiniGames if that option is On by default for you). I'm pretty sure I left off last night at the (hopefully) large final free roam event in the last portion of the new update scripts. I stopped there last night and pushed out another VN update I had already completed and was waiting for it to be public, since I knew this pending free roam was going to be a real bitch to code and I wanted a full night's rest to be as clear as possible. Anyway, that's me rambling so I'll get another cup of coffee and get to work.
1688914116088.png

P.S. I almost pushed out a testing "tech" build this morning while I finish the update but I really don't want to add confusion for those that are simply waiting for a "full-retail" mod update... not a WIP.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Man, this one is killing me... slowly. It's been a slow, long slog but I'm getting there. I made a post in the VN's thread here with some preview pics on obtaining a "secret" Jess scene and how the MiniStat guides the Player toward it.

Otherwise coding some of these free roams are just tedious coding work, and slow due to the mass amount of one-hotspot per screen the dev has chosen to implement. For each of them I have to code the VN script and the Ministat then hook them both together... rinse/repeat for all of 'em.

Its' been another 12hrs straight so I'm taking 5 and grabbing tonight's first adult beverage. Since I've been so busy coding I haven't been making teasers, so settle for SanchoGallery in it's current form:
1689032329229.png
Now... the big question: When the hell will I be done? Well, this current Jess scene (since there's two variants of it due to Sub/Initiative pathing splits) seems to be the bulk of the final script file's code... which is where I'm at. So, I hope (and pray at this point) that I'm near the end. My sanity needs it.

Time for that drink and get back to it...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Some whacky stats while I sip on this whiskey and let the grill heat up for some marinated ribeyes (late dinner):

In just this update only (not the whole VN, just the content beyond v1.16)

ChoiceGuide/FreeRoam Guide (only):
  • Individual hotspots that require dynamic coding: 312
  • Double the above for processing each one in the MiniStat code: 312
  • Menu choices (whole blocks) that req dyn coding: 133 (entire choice blocks)
  • Now multiply that by an average of 3 choices per block: ~399 individual choices
  • Pending headaches thinking about this crazy-huge quantity: ~ a bazillion
So, that's over a thousand individual "choices" to be accounted for. Fucking hell, that's crazy ain't it?

The MiniStat (page one) code section alone of the mod is now over 1400 lines of code (and that's after I condensed it the best I could), normally it's ~50 lines... yes only 50.

For some perspective, (I'm not looking at those projects at the moment, but I know them well) I reckon that is putting this not-very-popular VN on par with the amount of code I've written in "Uni of Pleasure" and "BaDIK". "AOA" would have been a contender but sadly that VN is abandoned (there's a literal waste of hundreds upon hundreds of work hours I sacrificed into that particular VN).

I better stop calculating these types of stats... it's depressing :ROFLMAO:

Edit: Context for entire VN of the above...
  • Total Hotspots: 498
  • Total Choice blocks: 194
  • Average of 3 choices per block: ~582

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Some whacky stats while I sip on this whiskey and let the grill heat up for some marinated ribeyes (late dinner):
In the name of VN science...

Random selection of VN's for comparison. "Clickables" totaled since they aren't all "choices" per say, but they all have to be coded nonetheless whether they are location clicks (go here, go there), items (magazines, doughnuts, hidden pics), etc.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Johnny91

Feb 21, 2017
I do wonder if at some point this VN will be abandoned because of the complexity getting too high and coding will be a nightmare. But props to you of having the guts and patience to make a mod for this. Respect

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Finally... light at the end of this dark tunnel. I want to custom code one more scene in SanchoGallery, and I have a bunch of code cleanup to do but I found the damn end of the update:
Disregard that bottom-right progress save... it will work proper in the new content too but I had gone back to check something in the basement code a couple days ago... so that particular progression auto-save is still there.

Hang in there. Thanks again for the patience.

Capt OA

Apr 29, 2018
oh man, thank you so much for your very hard work. I recon it's a nightmare to do this for games with such diverse paths and intricated logic. I just hope the dev won't plan to do another deep overhaul and mess things up again ...
best of luck. I'll try to find a way to support your great work (I mean, AWESOME work!)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote