What do you thinks about sandbox in the games?

• I like

Votes: 59 65.6%
  • I dont like

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • I have no opinion

Votes: 11 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skrotum

Apr 12, 2020
First time experiencing this. Very good presentation and intriguing story. I am not sure how I feel about the more darker side of it, but I enjoy the setting.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
First time experiencing this. Very good presentation and intriguing story. I am not sure how I feel about the more darker side of it, but I enjoy the setting.
I had the same feeling, too little info for now to know how dark we'll be talking about, or what the implications will be later on.
But it certainly is off to a good start.

JakoDel

Jul 4, 2020
It's not THAT bad.

If you want proper Engrish, just looks at 90% of the games with the japanese game tag. Half of their dialogues makes no sense whatsoever, even when not done through MTL or equivalent.
There's been an increase in Spanish made game as well, and those, are some high level gems of Engirsh as well most of the time.
We won't even mention the massive amount of Russian made games in here, which for the largest part, nearly have a mistake in every single sentence.

So, no, this one ain't that bad.
agree to disagree, obviously not to pry on the dev just to clarify my point: even in the warning there is a blatant mistake. "most western country". and afterwards: "Use minigame" or "her (the infection) pollen". as a non native speaker, I had to look up what pollen meant and yeah.. unless flowers are the ones taking over the world.. it's probably not the right word. not really a promising start, for those who care a little more, but I agree that it may be good enough for many.
I am not going to list any more because I am not here to bully or pressurize anyone. but what you said is just false in my opinion. Personally, I prefer a simpler structure but with a good core than the opposite. and this stuff is in my experience quite easy to learn with some dedication, which he clearly has for the game.

just because there are other games which are worse in this doesn't make what I'm reading any better.. and as you can see I am not policing anyone else because I couldn't care less abt many of those Russian/Spanish/whatever (English/American as well of course) generic hs2 games with generic characters. this one is very interesting and that's why I wanted to share what I think is fair criticism.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Something wicked this way comes....

SanchoMod proudly presents:
Apocalypse Lovers - MultiMod Edition (v1.21 Update)
AL_SM_Cover.jpg

Go get you some.
( Simply click on the banner image above )
AL SM B04a.jpg AL SM B04c.jpg AL SM B04b.jpg AL SM B04d.jpg
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Please enjoy. Mod core is updated to the latest v7b with even more features. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information and exhaustive previews can be found on the mod's thread (simply click the banner above). Regards and be well.

- Sancho

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Go get 'em folks. I worked my ass off for days getting this year-old product up to the modern era.

Some stats I ran last night in the mod's thread, each required complete recode per item (over a thousand):
  • Total Hotspots: 498
  • Total Choice blocks: 194
  • Average of ~3 choices per block: ~582
  • Total clickables: ~1,080
The only VN in my entire public catalog that has more than that amount of mod-coded clickables is BaDIK... no shit.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
I tried the mod sancho, it works fine, but I'm afraid to say that aside from some choices (for the routes mostly), it's not very useful on this game :(

The problem is not from the mod of course, but from the branching of choices down the line, which I do not think your mod can compensate for.
Like a choice might seem good for some stats, but will instead make you miss on other opportunities for points. And I honestly do not think you can do better, it's just how this game is designed I recon.

For the wellbeing minigame, It seems impossible to get to 30, so I'm guessing there's a wild wellbeing point hidden somewhere before the event.
I've noticed that very early in the butt rubbing one, you gain one point, which you loose immediately. I suspect this was not intended.

I just redid a "ctrl pushed playthrough" and inspected he others choices, but I do not see how to get her to 30 or more on that event. It just remains at 29.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I just redid a "ctrl pushed playthrough" and inspected he others choices, but I do not see how to get her to 30 or more on that event. It just remains at 29.
As noted in the MiniStat, the WB pnts are randomly awarded... that said, RenPy's random is not as random as one might think. For the best "odds" of successful "random" once you get a WB pnt for one butt option (repeat the same option until you get a WB pnt), move to another option, then rinse/repeat. I get 30+ more times than not this way. If all else fails, SanchoGallery will get you done... no random BS there.

Otherwise there's no way for me to write the Guide better since none of us know what stats will be desired as many of the stats have zero effect to date... so I can only list what you will get, and not what you will receive... since we don't know any of the outcomes yet. This is always the case in new VN's. We have to wait for the actual outcomes then an proper guide can be established.

There's really only two routes so far: Jess' Sober/Alcoholic and Sub/Init. That's it. These are combo routes (so you can have, for example, Sober/Sub, or Sober/Init, etc). Both of those are changed in real-time in the stat screens and are noted within choices, even with SanchoNotes (an example note the Red arrows below):
1689116499944.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Just to be clear, I am in no way criticizing your hard work, which is always appreciated :)

As for me, I've never once (even on the previous version) managed to get the butt event to completion, it always ended at 29.

For the points, it's not so much as desired, but, in several instances, there were submenus, which had equivalent of better points down the line. This is what I mean. It happened a couple of times, so I suspect, as time flies and versions increases, it'll get even "worse".

What I mean, is that for this game, your mod may induce people on the "wrong path" (sorry lacking better words here), because "better choices" will be available on a submenu.
I don't think there's much you can do about it. While it does happen on some VN than the submenus of submenus have higher points attributions, this one seems to have fairly deep levels of choices, which I assume are a nightmare for you and other moders to keep track of.

As for the butt shower rubbing scene, I've tried with your mod without the magazine, and I could not get it to completion either, despite the points being clearly visible.

I wonder if the dev could confirm if the butt shower rubbing is possible or not if you go to her bed, instead of using the magazine?

I really do believe this event should have its goal lowered, since it seems incredibly difficult to make it happen.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

I wonder if the dev could confirm if the butt shower rubbing is possible or not if you go to her bed, instead of using the magazine?

I really do believe this event should have its goal lowered, since it seems incredibly difficult to make it happen.
I'm confirming it. This is without a mag. Again, I can get it more often than not, as I previously wrote. Don't caress her face at all until you get the 30+.

That said, 29+ won't work since it can be achieved with zero randomness of it not occurring. If the threshold is lowered then you'd be "stuck" at 28. It's meant to be difficult to achieve, otherwise a number as high as 30 wouldn't have been used, something lower than half a dozen would have been (imho). -Awake- will have to chime in to confirm I'm 100% on target, but I can confirm it's possible. I did it dozens of times while writing the Guide.

Is it annoying? Yes. But I don't write 'em, I just mod 'em. I find the UI cumbersome if I'm being honest. It's broke too, there's a serious bug that's been present since the VN was first release regarding the ability to loose inventory items... but that's another story for another time.

ryansFLYIN

Sep 19, 2022
Hi. Big fan.

I freshly downloaded the game and the mod today. I'm getting errors when I try to access the mod in the escape menu, and when I try to click "Next" on the ministats.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi. Big fan.

I freshly downloaded the game and the mod today. I'm getting errors when I try to access the mod in the escape menu, and when I try to click "Next" on the ministats.
I see.
The dev did not declare that variable and I put it in the stats after I already had it in game.
No worries.
Unzip the attached file and put it inside the "/game" folder for a quick patch.
That'll get you done.

Edit: Links in mod's thread updated with integrated resolution. Thank you for reporting it.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: ryansFLYIN

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

SanchoMod proudly presents:
Apocalypse Lovers - MultiMod Edition (v1.21 Update)
View attachment 2762501

Go get you some.
( Simply click on the banner image above )
View attachment 2762514 View attachment 2762516 View attachment 2762515 View attachment 2762517
Please enjoy. Mod core is updated to the latest v7b with even more features. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information and exhaustive previews can be found on the mod's thread (simply click the banner above). Regards and be well.

- Sancho
SanchoMod Maintenance Update (Critical)

Links in mod's OP are updated accordingly.

Changlelog:
  • Resolves a VN undefined variable that caused an exception in the stat screens early-game as reported here.
Simply download and reinstall over existing mod installation, overwriting as requested if necessary.

Thanks to ryansFLYIN for bringing it to my attention.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
I'm confirming it. This is without a mag. Again, I can get it more often than not, as I previously wrote. Don't caress her face at all until you get the 30+.

That said, 29+ won't work since it can be achieved with zero randomness of it not occurring. If the threshold is lowered then you'd be "stuck" at 28. It's meant to be difficult to achieve, otherwise a number as high as 30 wouldn't have been used, something lower than half a dozen would have been (imho). -Awake- will have to chime in to confirm I'm 100% on target, but I can confirm it's possible. I did it dozens of times while writing the Guide.

Is it annoying? Yes. But I don't write 'em, I just mod 'em. I find the UI cumbersome if I'm being honest. It's broke too, there's a serious bug that's been present since the VN was first release regarding the ability to loose inventory items... but that's another story for another time.
I must be remarkably stupid then, because I've never managed it without saving, editing the save, and loading it in the middle of the event :S

shiznet

Dec 1, 2016
Just to be clear, I am in no way criticizing your hard work, which is always appreciated :)

As for me, I've never once (even on the previous version) managed to get the butt event to completion, it always ended at 29.
you need to be on the initiative path, there's an extra option that pops up for initiative that will get you to 22 before the massage rng section

-Awake-

Apocalypse Lovers
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2021
agree to disagree, obviously not to pry on the dev just to clarify my point: even in the warning there is a blatant mistake. "most western country", "Use minigame" .
Hey!
Thank you for the grammatical corrections, if you liked the game and you find more of this type of error, be cool and don't hesitate to send them back to me in order to help me improve the game experience of other player like you!

I even planned a dedicated discord channel specifically for this:

and afterwards: "her (the infection) pollen". as a non native speaker, I had to look up what pollen meant and yeah.. unless flowers are the ones taking over the world.. it's probably not the right word.
This, however, is not an error. Pollen, these tiny and volatile grains, are, like spores, at the heart of the Apocalypse Lovers lore.

I am not going to list any more because I am not here to bully or pressurize anyone.
You are not bullying or pressuring anyone by pointing out some spelling mistakes and I strongly encourage you to continue to do so. This allows me to improve the game for future players.
I know I have some weakness in english. I'm french and I'm translating my text myself and I'm loosing a lot of time to be sure the meaning of what I'm writting in french is the same in english. But it's not easy because in french, I have very good writing skills. This means that my sentences often have a long structure while remaining readable, and elegant while being embellished with complex but relevant words. But saddly my way of translating these kinds of sentences into English can produce a strange result, I agree. And I'm really afraid of certain translations of expressions whose meaning has nothing to do between the two languages. So I admit, I always favor comprehension rather than form or spelling.

That being said, I will do my best to keep trying to bring you the best quality content possible.

This one is very interesting and that's why I wanted to share what I think is fair criticism.
Thank you!

-Awake-

Apocalypse Lovers
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2021
if you are on the alcoholic path, you will also get these scene
Yeah, on the alcoholism path (submission initiative here doesn't really matter) she's already relaxed, so you'll get to that scene more easily. But you will miss some previous scenes like the butt massage for example.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I must be remarkably stupid then, because I've never managed it without saving, editing the save, and loading it in the middle of the event :S
Good morning (CST). No, you are not stupid at all. As stated it's random and likely too low a percentage to be achieved for most Player's. I'll see what I can do on my end to assist the dev in making it more accessible. It could be as simple as removing the random WB pnts and simply awarding a specific amount of WB pnts on a per choice basis.

So, please don't take my previous replies as you or anyone being naive or otherwise. That was and is not my intention, at this point I'm only attempting to assist. Regards.

4.40 star(s) 29 Votes