Unreal Engine Abandoned Apocalypse Monster Invasion [v0.2] [UltraMek]

UltraMek

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2019
Hello! Due to the constant blocking of my account on the patreon, the project development is temporarily suspended:confused:

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
ugh, my grammar nazi inside my head is calling me.

i guess the sentence should be more like this: varying enemies receive distinct kind of damage depending on the weapon you use.
Why change all the words to their synonyms? "Different enemies take different damage from different weapons" is a grammatically sound sentence. The only thing that trips you up in the original sentence is the word order.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Why change all the words to their synonyms? "Different enemies take different damage from different weapons" is a grammatically sound sentence. The only thing that trips you up in the original sentence is the word order.
ya shouldn't use a word several times in a single sentence.

grobulos

Donor
Jul 16, 2017
i personal love Unreal, i create self. So i can understand how much work it is. its not bad at all. move on

Reactions: UltraMek

UltraMek

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2019
Dear DEV, Having a furry for protagonist is a best way to start & create the game!;)
Thanks for the answer! I'm not a fan of furry and probably furries look better in 2D, for this I need to be an artist rather than making 3D models.
In general, the project was conceived as something darker closer to parasite in city or hounds of blade. I myself am a fan of these projects.

UltraMek

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2019
the videos aint even working
There are two options for possible problems:
The first one you probably changed x or the slider, in this case you need to change not one of the sliders, but both then the image will be displayed (if you change only one, the second gets 0 value and the image is not visible)
The second is a bug with switching between videos, but for the solution, just click once or twice on the video you want to watch
But in any case, all videos should be accessible in the same way as the extra image (both pages).
If all this did not help, let me know!

UltraMek

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2019
i personal love Unreal, i create self. So i can understand how much work it is. its not bad at all. move on
Thanks! Made on blueprints. And everything was studied in YouTube.
Did you work in pure C ++ or on blueprints?

UltraMek

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2019
Sadly, the videos do not work regardless of the two potential fixes you have recommended.
very strange, I don’t know what else could be the reason ...
here is a quick "solution"
I hope this format should open for everyone

UltraMek

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2019
Sadly, the videos do not work regardless of the two potential fixes you have recommended.
Is the game version 0.2 gold? (this can be seen in the lower left corner of the screen in the menu)
What happens after you select a video (one of the five pictures), the background (doors and other objects) becomes black or the background remains visible?

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
ya shouldn't use a word several times in a single sentence.
According to whom? We were talking about the correctness of grammar, and grammar doesn't care about words being used in a sentence multiple times. :)

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo. (look it up, it's mind boggling)

Sure, for the reader's sake it's always wise to write as clearly as possible, but again, a remark about grammar was made, and that remark was incorrect, so I added a nuance. Maybe you meant to say that the "Style Nazi inside your head was calling you"? :p

Anyway, I will no longer derail this topic. To the dev, good luck, and best of luck with the English too :)

UltraMek

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2019
According to whom? We were talking about the correctness of grammar, and grammar doesn't care about words being used in a sentence multiple times. :)

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo. (look it up, it's mind boggling)

Sure, for the reader's sake it's always wise to write as clearly as possible, but again, a remark about grammar was made, and that remark was incorrect, so I added a nuance. Maybe you meant to say that the "Style Nazi inside your head was calling you"? :p

Anyway, I will no longer derail this topic. To the dev, good luck, and best of luck with the English too :)
Thanks!

VaeVictus

Aug 7, 2017
Yes, it is 0.2 Gold.

When I click on the video, the window screen just goes black. I can change the size with the X and Y sliders but it only changes the size of the black square because nothing is running. The background is blank unless I have viewed an image from the extras before. In that case, the background of the "video screen" goes to the last image viewed from the Extras section. So basically, the frame works but media won't play.

qrcode

Jun 3, 2018
Thanks for the answer! I'm not a fan of furry and probably furries look better in 2D, for this I need to be an artist rather than making 3D models.
In general, the project was conceived as something darker closer to parasite in city or hounds of blade. I myself am a fan of these projects.
Furries look better in 2D... U know, ToonPimp have proved a game called "Ultimate R.O.R" which is in 2D platform with 3D character is looking as good as 2D character.