VN Ren'Py Arches [Build 7] [The Echo Project]

Jeevant

Failed to make an unlimited money mod for my life
Modder
Compressor
May 1, 2020
Arches.png

Overview:
A couple visit Echo to do some paranormal investigating, the town now abandoned five years after the mass hysteria. Despite this, something evil still lurks in the town, evil enough that it's kept the horrors alive.
Arches is a standalone story that takes place after the events of Echo

Arches is a horror story and can be an emotionally intense experience that may not be for everyone. Themes of drug addiction, mental illness, and abuse are explored, along with descriptions and imagery of violence. Please consider your mental well-being before downloading.

Thread Updated: 2022-12-17
Release Date: 2022-12-08
Developer: The Echo Project -
Censored: No
Version: Build 7
Language: English
Other Games: Khemia - The Smoke Room - Echo - Echo: Benefits - Echo: Route 65
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - -
Mac: - - -
Linux
(Build 2): - - -
Android
(Build 2): - - -

Thanks for the share TheRequestor

1275912_1624106616577.png 1275909_1624106545632.png 1275910_1624106594283.png

Last edited by a moderator:

grumpebble

Dec 9, 2018
View attachment 1322834
:rolleyes: You have rendered me speechless. lol
As hard as it may be to believe, Echo (the game this is a sequel to) was an emotionally grueling, traumatizing roller coaster of suffering. Honestly, Echo barely even fits on this site as there was practically PG-13 levels of sexual content, instead it was all about the suffering and death and despair.

Think more Silent Hill 2 in VN form, where there were occasionally things that were sexualized but usually in a disturbing way.

• Wow
Reactions: rKnight

Skargaroth

Oct 19, 2020
Outside of Book of Lust and Automation Story are there any other non-gay furry games?

Asking here coz anyone downloading this one is likely to know.

• Angry
Reactions: Vovoti

ArtofFart

Jul 22, 2021
nice pictures nice animals but animals are gay?! I hope is good game and maybe not gay but animals just beast friends and say no homoseksual and have good time togethar :love:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Agony's Embrace

nitobe-san

Oct 1, 2017
Although they fit the same horror genre, Arches is building up as early as build 2 to be a better horror experience than Echo was. The smaller cast and focus on our two initial protagonists fits the setting that Echo never fully achieves.

First off, if you guys are new to Arches, try to check out Echo, the original game, which is at least finished, to get a full sense of the setting Arches is in. There's also the prequel VN for Echo which is Echo: Route 65, and a spin-off fan-service-y VN Echo: Benefits. Lastly, there's also The Smoke Room, which is currently still in development but is set many years before the events of Echo.

While Echo tries to ease you in to the tension of unresolved childhood feelings and unsolved mysteries, Arches wastes no time getting in the dark gritty horror that awaits you. This is one of the things that somewhat gave me mixed feelings for Echo in the beginning since I was expecting romance/horror with an emphasis on romance and not the latter. I was expecting even a full true good ending in lieu of my assumptions of it being a dating sim, but instead get a full on psychological horror experience. Which isn't bad, but definitely not what I expected to find.

That being said, if you've ignored the yellow text in the main post, this game will DEFINITELY contain dark and heavy themes involving drugs, death, mental illness, etc so be aware. The game at least makes it clear early on in the story, but should probably have warning tags on startup (which it doesn't) like other psychological horror games (DDLC, BFtD, etc). In any case, if you enjoy furry, gay, and horror, are comfortable with all three tags under the same game, and have read the warnings above, you'll be sure to have a fun time.

nitobe-san

Oct 1, 2017
Outside of Book of Lust and Automation Story are there any other non-gay furry games?

Definitely not a lot. And those that do contain straight content are usually predominated with gay content. Of those I can remember there's: Breeders of Nephelym (3D game), the Legend of Krystal games, Sexy Tails, Love Stories (linked is the Straight VN but beware there's a gay counterpart), and Dungeon Tail.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Although they fit the same horror genre, Arches is building up as early as build 2 to be a better horror experience than Echo was. The smaller cast and focus on our two initial protagonists fits the setting that Echo never fully achieves.

First off, if you guys are new to Arches, try to check out Echo, the original game, which is at least finished, to get a full sense of the setting Arches is in. There's also the prequel VN for Echo which is Echo: Route 65, and a spin-off fan-service-y VN Echo: Benefits. Lastly, there's also The Smoke Room, which is currently still in development but is set many years before the events of Echo.

While Echo tries to ease you in to the tension of unresolved childhood feelings and unsolved mysteries, Arches wastes no time getting in the dark gritty horror that awaits you. This is one of the things that somewhat gave me mixed feelings for Echo in the beginning since I was expecting romance/horror with an emphasis on romance and not the latter. I was expecting even a full true good ending in lieu of my assumptions of it being a dating sim, but instead get a full on psychological horror experience. Which isn't bad, but definitely not what I expected to find.

That being said, if you've ignored the yellow text in the main post, this game will DEFINITELY contain dark and heavy themes involving drugs, death, mental illness, etc so be aware. The game at least makes it clear early on in the story, but should probably have warning tags on startup (which it doesn't) like other psychological horror games (DDLC, BFtD, etc). In any case, if you enjoy furry, gay, and horror, are comfortable with all three tags under the same game, and have read the warnings above, you'll be sure to have a fun time.
Maybe put a spoiler mask on? I literally have to skip you awesome review cause I haven't played them yet :LOL:

When I first found Echo I was just looking for some smut (which by that time don't even have any), but what a journey. The echo project constantly produce good quality games, finished games.

Feb 12, 2020

There is Furry Fury: Legend of the Twin Orbs, a sidescrolling adventure beat em up. It has lesbian stuff vs female enemies (you can only select a female character) but I don't think that's what you're referring to when ya say gay. There IS one scene where if you go into the men's bathroom you can find two guys humping in a stall but its clearly played for laughs and normally hidden.

Don't think it's on this site, but you can find it easily. (Also Book of Lust technically has gay scenes too, just definitely not the focus of development lol)

Feb 12, 2020
Who is producing all these gay furry VNs and why are there never any straight ones
Many furries are either bisexual/gay themselves, or if they are straight, are fine with including gay options. Many furry women also enjoy gay stuff, so the market is pretty open.

But you can check any "furry" "gay" tagged game and find the question you ask be asked 50 times and get the same answer if you like.

Reactions: KekKoo

JodieB-Blake

Jun 7, 2020
Quick answer, there aren't many furry writers who are interested in making exclusively straight visual novels.
But if you are interested in changing that, you can do it yourself.
Facts and for the people who are interested in straight games they need to move along to that genre!!!

Kruxis

Sep 3, 2019
Well, there IS talk about mormons in Echo.

And speaking of this game. The Bulid 3: "Cascading Failure" was released today on Patreon