RPGM Abandoned Are you a wizard? [v0.5] [SoftDream co.]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
I am quite disappointed in this game so far, but it has such definite and intriguing potential that I look forward to seeing implemented.

Problems:
  • The art is awful. I can do better and my art is banned by international convention.
  • The story is one-dimensional and poorly presented.
  • The English is just abysmally awful making it sometimes impossible to figure out what is being said.
  • The developer obviously does not understand the difference between dominance play and outright abuse.
  • The version 0.5 is a lie. The current story doesn't even count as an introduction so the version should be somewhere around v0.0.5, depending on the intended final story content. Players do not appreciate being lied to about the amount of story relative to a completed story arc or volume, and it costs money for some people around the world to burn bandwidth downloading this game just to find that the amount of story was not worth the money spent.
However, the game has some intriguing positives:
  • The setting is interesting mixing almost gothic magical fantasy with the modern world.
  • The story starts nicely by not trying to explain everything up front but giving you as much as the MC should know and to keep the player intrigued. There are a huge number of possible story paths that could be included in this plot.
  • While I've never liked outright cruel abuse being misrepresented as femdom, a typical socially ignorant suburban schoolboy trying to learn his was around a school full of experienced and dominant women is always fun. You just can't help wanting to make choices for this guy to help him along.
I'm looking forward to seeing the directions this story takes, but I'll stay away for awhile until there is enough story worthy of a download and until the published version actually matches the story content.

Note for the developer: Be aware that RPGMaker does not handle real-time animations, UI, and sprite actions well at all, especially when played on computers with different processor and clock speeds. What works on your development computer will not work on many others. This is why RPMaker games should never include a UI or mini-games that are twitch, speed, or timing dependent. Turn based play that does not depend on timing is the only thing that really works with RPGMaker. Besides, if players wanted to play those arcade style games they would be at an arcade instead of playing an RPG.

Last edited:

GreenLizy

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2019
I am quite disappointed in this game so far, but it has such definite and intriguing potential that I look forward to seeing implemented.

Problems:
  • The art is awful. I can do better and my art is banned by international convention.
  • The story is one-dimensional and poorly presented.
  • The English is just abysmally awful making it sometimes impossible to figure out what is being said.
  • The developer obviously does not understand the difference between dominance play and outright abuse.
  • The version 0.5 is a lie. The current story doesn't even count as an introduction so the version should be somewhere around v0.0.5, depending on the intended final story content. Players do not appreciate being lied to about the amount of story relative to a completed story arc or volume, and it costs money for some people around the world to burn bandwidth downloading this game just to find that the amount of story was not worth the money spent.
However, the game has some intriguing positives:
  • The setting is interesting mixing almost gothic magical fantasy with the modern world.
  • The story starts nicely by not trying to explain everything up front but giving you as much as the MC should know and to keep the player intrigued. There are a huge number of possible story paths that could be included in this plot.
  • While I've never liked outright cruel abuse being misrepresented as femdom, a typical socially ignorant suburban schoolboy trying to learn his was around a school full of experienced and dominant women is always fun. You just can't help wanting to make choices for this guy to help him along.
I'm looking forward to seeing the directions this story takes, but I'll stay away for awhile until there is enough story worthy of a download and until the published version actually matches the story content.

Note for the developer: Be aware that RPGMaker does not handle real-time animations, UI, and sprite actions well at all, especially when played on computers with different processor and clock speeds. What works on your development computer will not work on many others. This is why RPMaker games should never include a UI or mini-games that are twitch, speed, or timing dependent. Turn based play that does not depend on timing is the only thing that really works with RPGMaker. Besides, if players wanted to play those arcade style games they would be at an arcade instead of playing an RPG.
Thanks for the feedback! Well, I would love to see your art, maybe you can work with us ;). We know that the story is quite short but the game will be indeed short, so the 0.5 is justified. We will try to improve, it's our first game after all

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
No update in a while, can't find any signs of it being updated on patreon so, marked abandoned.

Holefiller

Jan 23, 2019
Gonna be honest, I always liked the artist's art but considering the games literally never go anywhere I'm not really optimistic. Would be nice if for once the game would be worked on for longer than a few weeks/month.
fuckin nostradamus over here

Reactions: N0bbody

N0bbody

Aug 28, 2017
fuckin nostradamus over here
I didn't even want to be right this time but yeah, I believe he did write something about his previous games only being a test to see what he enjoys doing. At least he """"""finished"""""" one of his games. Am I disappointed? Sure. Suprised? Nope. Maybe he'll pick the story up somewhen in the future but I wouldn't bet on it.

Reactions: Holefiller
4.00 star(s) 2 Votes