Others - Abandoned - Areas of GRAY [v1.1 BETA] [NOTvil]

1. 5.00 star(s)

gerardthooft

This not a game, per se, but an interactive work of art. The style, the music, the atmosphere are absolutely incredible. Yes, the game feels a bit repetitive towards the end and maybe the climax of the story is a bit blurred, but this is still a unique experience. I am so glad that there are still authors not afraid of experimenting in the VN genre.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

qljrnt6jc4eh2

First off, I'm a HUGE fan of sci-fi-based games. Then there is she superb overall visual and animated quality I have ever seen on a game yet. Super smooth and fluid, even with sex sounds (this combination is SUPER rare!!). It's actually a story split into three games; there is a HUGE improvement from game 1 to game 3, and also a welcoming change of the game mechanic. There are different kinds of female shapes (like thicc, petite, MILF..), although they all share rather oversized breasts (which I like, in fact).

The story is inventive (although the core goal, which is "corruption", isn't), the interaction between the characters sometimes fell relatable, sometimes they don't.

All in all, this is THE best game I have ever played. I'm eager to see more of it.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

CourtesyFlush

It is badly designed, very annoying and tidious visual story where you just click entire time on a dot placed around the screen to read the next line of text. You are being constantly presented with a "choice" to click a dot on a screen, or a button "continue" or "finish". Entire gameplay is about clicking on that dot (first you have to locate it), instead just clicking anywhere or pressing any button, as per usual. If you click on that dot you will get next line of text, an so on. After few minutes of your experience you may want to enter "settings" and enable "skip scene" option. But, it turns out "skip scene" works like "skip two consecutive lines of text" out of many more that makes a scene. So you end up clicking "skip scene" several times until you actually skip a scene. It's a visual novel (a.k.a. powerpoint presentation) with a linear story so navigating should be the easiest thing - just click anywhere on screen. Designing it the way it is, is a waste of everybody's time. Oh, and you also have anticlimatic, very stiff and robotic sex with, well, robots.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Babylove96

Quite a slow burn. But if you're into a particular taboo, there needs to be world building, IMO. And as of 1.0s, I think there is plenty of payoff. There's definitely a sinister tone in the background, as well, and playing through left me eager to see how it ends.

As others have stated, this indeed plays out like a kinetic novel. Which I normally am not a huge fan of...but I think there's a good amount of interactivity, especially in DayS (part 3).

In summary, I think the selling points are:

-Fantastic renders
    -Coherent/interesting story
    -Solid animations
    -Music/Sound effects

If I had to come up with any cons for me, personally...well I'm into the taboo..or the patch, if you will. With that said, I didn't really care much about the story that doesn't involve said taboo. But even then, that story sets more background for the payoff.
    Also I'm a sucker for good animations. And so I wish the gorgeous girls had longer loops/scenes. But I honestly feel like I'm nitpicking at this point.
    Overall a 4.5/5 for me.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

BigDdave1999

This isn't a game, its just a story. It should have the kinetic tag as you have no choice. You just click a dot on screen and watch the scene. Graphics are really nice and animations smooth but i prefer my games to have branching paths and choices to make. If i had known this wasn't the case i wouldn't have downloaded.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Zed

The game is undoubtedly an absolute gem. It is, in my opinion, entirely unique from anything else on this platform (gameplay, style, story)

The only problem I see is the frquency of updates and the amount of content contained in them.

If it is just one guy behind this, then I can understand how this must take a long time to make , but it has been 2 and a half years in the making... I would have expected more content at this point

Basically the game is great, I just wish there was more of it

Review as of v1.0s
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Stan Marsh

Soooooo fucking beautiful game.... WTF Bro, this is an piece of art. congratulations for this and please keep up, your job is amazing, this girls art are so beautiful. playing it makes my day.
    good job, five stars you deserve it
  8. 5.00 star(s)

SurfingTheNet

Real real excellent. Graphics, story... 1 of the best. Three stories in one chapter. Many unexpected development. Graphic user interface is really well done. You will have fun either playing then watching all the animation and photo.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Fluffy.Unicorn.

Started of strong, but ended up bein gkinda repetitive in the end.
    A few wuite interruptive scenes wich (imo) could have been left out, because they don't fit the flow of the game, but whatever.
    Still nice athmosphere and beautiful girls.
    Lets see, what the next Updates bring!
  10. 5.00 star(s)

enigma08

Great renders, graphics, beautiful girls, they also have personalities and it feels like they're "alive" in a way. The main character is also likeable and believable in my opinion. The story's very immersive and makes you feel like you're part of the game world. All in all, the game feels very unique, I especially love the music (one of the best things about the game imo). 5/5.
  11. 2.00 star(s)

m0us3r

• The renders are good.
    • The girls are beautiful.
    • The story is probably interesting.
    • And with all that, the game manages to be tedious.

Firstly, the engine lacks normal functionality.
    • There is no save & load (only some autosaving checkpoints). That can be acceptable for some arcade or perhaps shooter games, but for VN it's ridiculous.
    • There's no rollback or dialog history.
    • The text doesn't appear on screens immediately, but rolls in.

The paragraphs are short and often not important, so you start to click-click-click; and then you miss some probably important word, and it requires painful reload and re-clicking to read what was accidentally skipped.

Now I get it that the author wanted to create some gloomy atmosphere, but going through introductory part is boring. The sex scenes there, even with pretty girls, aren't quite engaging; they are there just to make a point, not to give fully fleshed player experience.

So I would say that
    • the dynamics is lacking,
    • the writing lacks brevity and expressiveness - or it was intentionally set to bore the readers,
    • the engine is lacking normal functionality.
    So it may be a good game, but for now I have played for an hour or two and I'm putting it on shelf; maybe later I would continue and change the rating. Not sure though.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

QTmodz

Played a lot of games on here and how I didn't notice this game before is beyond me.
    The game is easiest my favorite on the site because it plays out and has everything to suit me as if I created it myself. I really believe this game should be talked about more because it is kinda going under the radar (Just as I only notice it recently) and really deserves more shine. The artwork is really nice. The characters are stunning. The buildup on scenes is really on point. The animations are to die for along with how the layout works.

Really have enjoyed this and anyone that is not sure to try it out.
    Give it a go and you won't be let down. (y)
  13. 5.00 star(s)

ddakkal

Version: DayS episode

The game took me by surprise. I wasn't expecting to a well crafted, mysterious and interesting story. It is well written and the story arc develops in a really nice pace. The characters are cool, I think they could be more deeply crafted but interesting nonetheless.

The renders and animations are really pretty. Very smooth and fit well the atmosphere. The whole experience is crafted exquisitely from the atmosphere and the ambience to the music which adds to the immersion of the game.

I was a bit disappointed that the choices we were given are not really choices, at first I was trying to stay away from the corruption by denying whatever I can but it didn't really let me, the outcome was as if I chose the other option. Also, to this point I still don't see how the questions in the dream world are relevant or how they impact the game. I understand that the developer wants to convey some story but then I personally would choose a different way to do the choice options instead of giving the player a choice which is then denied almost every single time.
    Overall it didn't frustrate me that much and I was intrigued by the story and the world.

The last point I would like to state is the gameplay which was cool to see how from each chapter the dev added some new mechanic and the game felt somewhat different from chapter to chapter (in a good way).

Good job developer!
  14. 5.00 star(s)

DarkDank

Story is superb so far, the character models are fucking fire, the atmosphere in the game is mysterious and erotic, and camera angles during sex scenes seem almost cinematic, especially by Day S.
    Fantastic game, fantastic themes, and very engrossing.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

johnralf

My opinion.
    Pros.
    The graphics are nice, i like the contrast of blue and pink, the developer really put some work to get a personal look and not just a basic daz image.
    The gameplay is ok, you really think you have choices, but in the end, is a VN.

Cons.
    I see the developer likes butt, but is just the character goes on another position besides standing and you see a strange butt model that looks like a donut, PLEASE fix that, study butts and make a nice one, will be worth it!
    The base of the history is nice, but the tension that the character creates are strange... And the reasons are even more strange.
  16. 2.00 star(s)

victor659

The game started very well. A promising story with great atmosphere and mystery combining with a taboo theme and interesting hot characters. The artwork and the renders are very good but we have seen very good renders and hot characters to a lot of other games as well. What made this game special was the story, the atmosphere and the taboo theme. Also it is worth to mention that the game has a limited number of choices which don't affect the story progression or you relation with the girls. So the game is 100% straightforward something that generally don't like so much but in this game I didn't find it annoying at all.

The game until now has 3 parts. The first and second part were nice with their minus and plus. Unfortunately the 3rd part ("DayS")was a big disappointment for me and the main reasons are the following:

1) The dev strip out completely the taboo theme. The relationships are an important part of a story and for a game that supposed to depend a lot to story and atmosphere it ruins it. Yeah I know patreon rules, but the patches are for that reason. So you can write the story and the dialogues with key words to be compatible with a patch but the dev probably didn't even bother to spend a little time for this. There is an IC patch at the OP but it works basically for restoring the dialogues for the two first parts of the game and not for the 3rd part (which the dev removed almost completely the taboo story) .

2) I would expect at the 3rd part the dev to progress with the story and solve some mysteries of it. But when you remove an important part of the story (like relationships) you mesh up with the whole story as well. The dev transform the game to a series of events with the 2 girls inside a house where they are locked with an android maid. The 2 girls are not the daughter and niece any more but some random girls. Also there are no other characters or events outside of the house (except another android girl in a form of illusion which appeared 2-3 times). The series of events for each girl are not connected (if I am not mistaking at the 3rd part there is not a single dialogue between the 2 girls who are locked inside a house!). This make the game and the story very resticted and shallow. So you just have to follow these events which involves sexual frustration or some action between the MC and the girls to increase the love points and unlock more lewd content with each girl. Also you can have some lewd action with the android maid as well. The events take place at certain room at certain time of the day. There are also a few creepy scenes/event (like illusions) to add to the atmosphere but just that. They are predictable and don't add anything to the story or solve any mystery.

To summarize the game becomes just a series of some hot scenes/events with 2 random girls and a maid who are locked in a house (yeah with good renders but nothing more). Sorry but I don't start to play this game only for that reason. I give 2 stars for the good start and deduct 3 stars for the disappointing 3rd part of the game.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Mister Boombastic

WOW! I can't believe I discovered this game only a few days ago, because this is amazing!

It has everything I'm looking for: incest (father/daughter, uncle/niece), lots of teasing and dirty talk, beautiful renders and animations, believable characters, and a well written story.

Your choices don't have a real impact on the story, so if you think that's important it may be something to consider. Also, there are a few strange 'dream' scenes at the start of the game that might scare you off, but if you continue you will get an incredibly hot game that plays like you're watching an erotic thriller. Very well done!
  18. C
    2.00 star(s)

cyber_punk

i dont get why there are stupid mini games and boring exploration in linear-based game when you dont have basically any choices. Also you cant immerse as MC because story switch between characters (i dont even want to remeber scene with Abi and her bf.. god, why?) CGs are decent, but overall game feels clunky.. game should be done in renpy.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

XcentY

The story, the renders, the anims, the navigation system, ... So perfect... And the eyes color when they're under the spell... Wow :D Thanks ^^ I didn't finish yet but so far I already want to try the game a second time with other choices to see how it change.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

hornyjack

The game does not only have high quality rendering, but also very interesting story. The UI/perspective is also innovative and match the story. In the first chapter, I thought the character is a robot so it has the god-view UI (turned out it is not).