VN Unity Arisen - Chronicles of Var'Nagal [v0.2.10.6] [Maratus, Homecoming Studio]

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Akira-Chan

Dec 9, 2017
Damn it, damn it all. The character I loved the most... I can't romance with my female character. Igweneil, my mistress is just a male romance option. Damn it. Why even in games I must always fall for straight women. :cry:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Same thing with the lizard guy, I wanted my fem protag to date him but it seems it's not really possible.

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
Yeah sort of strange, I did what the high elf lady wanted and she changed to enemy, I'll need to play this a bit further and try out different options, but it seemed like the beast woman was interested in my female character.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Should have the "no sexual content" tag.
Since reading other posts to check if anyone mentionned it before is too hard for some, I'll repeat myself : it could possibly just be that there is none for now while still being planned for the future, which mean stating that the game won't have any would be a lie. The game is young. Have some patience.
If you're looking for some quick JO material, there's other, raunchier games for that.

Reactions: Kraz4life

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Since reading other posts to check if anyone mentionned it before is too hard for some, I'll repeat myself : it could possibly just be that there is none for now while still being planned for the future, which mean stating that the game won't have any would be a lie. The game is young. Have some patience.
If you're looking for some quick JO material, there's other, raunchier games for that.
Tags are supposed to describe the game as it is right now. A "No sexual content" tag is entirely appropriate for the game as it is right now. There is no "no sexual content planned" tag, so no risk that such a "lie" tag would be used.

Reactions: jamonserrano

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Tags are supposed to describe the game as it is right now. A "No sexual content" tag is entirely appropriate for the game as it is right now. There is no "no sexual content planned" tag, so no risk that such a "lie" tag would be used.
Yeah but the issue is that, then, a lot of people would just say "Well then fuck this game" because they want smut, and while the game would otherwise interest them, the immediate lack of sexual content pushes them to give up on it immediatly. And if it ends up that sexual content is added latter... well let's just say that not many people tend to go back to previously passed upon games to see if the devs added interesting stuff. Which is a shame, especially for game's that are added here early on in development.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah but the issue is that, then, a lot of people would just say "Well then fuck this game" because they want smut, and while the game would otherwise interest them, the immediate lack of sexual content pushes them to give up on it immediatly. And if it ends up that sexual content is added latter... well let's just say that not many people tend to go back to previously passed upon games to see if the devs added interesting stuff. Which is a shame, especially for game's that are added here early on in development.
I think that you are over-stating the case when you claim that "not many people tend to go back to previously passed upon games." If someone passes on a game in the current state of development, they will likely have entirely forgotten even that they did pass on the game, let alone why, when an update comes along 2 months later.

I don't care whether the game gets a "no sexual content" tag or not. My argument is just that a tag is appropriate if it describes the game as it currently is. Adding or deleting tags based on one's assumptions about the future form of the game is what is misleading.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I think that you are over-stating the case when you claim that "not many people tend to go back to previously passed upon games." If someone passes on a game in the current state of development, they will likely have entirely forgotten even that they did pass on the game, let alone why, when an update comes along 2 months later.

I don't care whether the game gets a "no sexual content" tag or not. My argument is just that a tag is appropriate if it describes the game as it currently is. Adding or deleting tags based on one's assumptions about the future form of the game is what is misleading.
Maybe. I mean, I'm not pretending I know how this site works with it's tags. You can clearly see with the amount of posts I have that I've not been here for that long. But as, myself, noticed that I passed on some games only to randomly stumble back upon them while searching tags and feeling a little bit guilty I didn't give them a more fair chance, I kinda feel like it'd be a shame that a really good quality game would be ignored by people who could enjoy, or even support it, simply because some could think that it means the game would never get any sexual content in the long run.

But if that's how the site works, that's how it works. I know I don't have any chance of doing much about that even if I don't agree. I can only hope I'm wrong enough that not many people ignore it and never give it a second look.

Reactions: SuzukiPK
Mar 18, 2019
I mean...good? What's the difference between saying "fuck this game" right away and saying "fuck this game" after I waste hours of time on it? If I pass a game that has no sexual content tag and it gets removed later I'll find it again while using filters. If I already tried a game and it didn't have the no sexual content tag you bet your ass it's going to the trash and getting blacklisted.

And in the end the tags are here for us, the players, so we can find what we are interested in and filter everything else, they're not here to point out "good" games or help us "discover new things" or "break out of our shells" or "give something new a try" or whatever other crap you can think of.

Lucifer111

Oct 5, 2017
How about the setting of the story ? Though with a first comment on the game being what it was, I doubt you passed the character creation screen, so of course you wouldn't have tried to get to know the setting.
How about you take the racist undertones of your comments to another thread, buddy ?
What racist undertones???

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
anyone know where the save files are located?

found it.

user\appdata\locallow\maratus

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Sorter
4.30 star(s) 4 Votes