VN Unity Arisen - Chronicles of Var'Nagal [v0.2.10.6] [Maratus, Homecoming Studio]

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes
Jul 19, 2020
Beautiful game but the save system seems to be totally broken. Tried to load a save and it loaded up at point well after I'd saved and the outcome and choices after loading were completely different to what had happened before.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Beautiful game but the save system seems to be totally broken. Tried to load a save and it loaded up at point well after I'd saved and the outcome and choices after loading were completely different to what had happened before.
Maybe there's an auto-save to avoid save-scumming ?

Jul 19, 2020
Maybe there's an auto-save to avoid save-scumming ?
Reading back in the thread it looks like that's the case with just the single rolling slot, including manual saves, being constantly overwritten. Though it still fails since it saved a completely different story state to the one I had originally. But like - how can you save scum in a story game? There's no RNG determined success/failure (or is there?), its just reading different passages. So If I want to try out an alternate route to something, or even make a mistake pulling the cards around and need to go back, I really shouldn't have to start the whole thing over from scratch and then meaninglessly repeat a bunch of content that I've just been through. Especially since you cant even skip either. It was nice the first time but not so great that it bears repeating so soon. If this is intentional design its pretty hostile.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
But like - how can you save scum in a story game? There's no RNG determined success/failure (or is there?), its just reading different passages.
" I'm gonna try that answer. ...Ho shit, that pissed off anyone ! Noping out of that, trying the other choice... Aaaand I solved everything !"
Like that. Basically just, not living with the consequences of your choices.
Though I understand the alternate route thing, I do it too, but to check the choices I didn't make.

May 27, 2020
Reading back in the thread it looks like that's the case with just the single rolling slot, including manual saves, being constantly overwritten. Though it still fails since it saved a completely different story state to the one I had originally. But like - how can you save scum in a story game? There's no RNG determined success/failure (or is there?), its just reading different passages. So If I want to try out an alternate route to something, or even make a mistake pulling the cards around and need to go back, I really shouldn't have to start the whole thing over from scratch and then meaninglessly repeat a bunch of content that I've just been through. Especially since you cant even skip either. It was nice the first time but not so great that it bears repeating so soon. If this is intentional design its pretty hostile.
18 Jul @ 9:39am

In the meantime, in windows open `%APPDATA%\LocalLow\Maratus\ARISEN`. You can copy a save and change the number at the end. So copy `save_1.dat` and name it `save_2.dat`. You'll now have another save slot.

Creiz

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2018
The real question is: Are the weapons mastercrafts all or not?

Jul 19, 2020
It looks like the game died a little while back anyway;

20th June, 2022:
Hello everyone,

Here comes our latest update and it's not a happy one. Unfortunately, we have some bad news: Maratus went bankrupt a few weeks ago.
They say the publisher might buy the rights and finish it, but doesn't seem very likely to me.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Every race in history has been through slavery you know.
I do, but that person was specifically complaining about the fact the protag has to be black. Soooo there's kind of a parallel to reality in that front, you know... Sure I could have mentionned "every possible race having been slaves" but that's kind of asking for way higher general knowledge and education than the average user of this site has, sadly...
Especially seeing the post I answered to... Doesn't strike me as a genius...

slavegal

Apr 17, 2020
Damn it, damn it all. The character I loved the most... I can't romance with my female character. Igweneil, my mistress is just a male romance option. Damn it. Why even in games I must always fall for straight women. :cry:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I am giving up in this case; I guess she is the only dominant character in the game.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 4 Votes