3D-Daz Art style for game. Vote/discuss

Which style do you like more?

• Total voters

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
Painted

I think the human eye/brain is more critical of images that are trying to be "realistic". We tend to pick out the flaws conscious and unconsciously

With your painted style, we know its a "picture" and are more forgiving of any flaws. Plus, painted ages better than realistic which just tends to look less realistic as technology passes it by.

NorthernGent

Jan 13, 2018
I would vote for 'REALISTIC' over the 'ARTISTIC' from your examples. However, I do have some suggestions. 3D graphics tend to look a bit more muted. Make sure whites are white and darks are dark. There are a couple of ways to correct that in an image paint program; brightness and contrast. Start with brightness first. Then, you might want to 'up' the contrast a little bit (but not to the extent where things are glowing). Although it won't affect brightness or contrast, the last thing I would suggest is to play around with 'sharpness' controls in your paint package. If you are not already rendering at the highest DPI/PPI, do so before playing with image correction. After image correction reduce the size to the area most suitable for your game.