JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Why does this high-tech top-secret R&D facility seemingly have no security?
Not even motion sensors to send an alert when something breaches the perimeter?
Its certainly an incomprehensible situation from my experience.

Also earlier Kindra talked about the backup power generators, which should kick in immediately to keep whatever security they should have running.

Also you'd have the security and computers running on a separate grid/circuit buffered by a custom-built UPS system, so you might lose lights, climate control, elevators/lifts .etc but your critical equipment would keep running while the backup power kicked in.

My company does high-tech security, surveillance, risk management and threat assessments and I can tell you for a fact that an underground facility operating at this level [weapons, government contracts .etc] would be extremely difficult to penetrate and impossible to do so without triggering a full armed security response within minutes if the team wasn't already stationed on-site. Intruders wouldn't be able to climb down the elevator shaft before their escape route was completely compromised and honestly, they wouldn't even gain access to said elevator shaft before a response team was there unless they had either already scouted the building to map it's layout or if they had obtained the schematics.

But even if they did, with the security triggered, the elevators are locked down so the intruders would have to carry whatever they want to steal by hand up a multi-story elevator shaft and then somehow get it out of there after that?

The situation that is being presented here is shaping up to be quite ridiculous.

The only realistic/believable "out" that I see is if Artemis neutralizes the threats, but even so, the mere fact they even got in undetected is breaking my suspension of disbelief, that sort of thing doesn't happen to a facility of this caliber without months of planning, information gathering and preparation along with a full support team.
Its not the kind of thing you can call some random shady dude to setup in a day.

edit: BTW I only bother doing this kind of detailed post critique for VNs that I actually otherwise really like, if it was something I didn't care for anyway I wouldn't bother.
Well, I have not played the latest version (only up to Chapter 2 and it was more than 6 months ago), but if I remembered it correctly, the facility USED to be a top-secret facility because Kindra's late father and mother were contracted by the military, but it was no longer the case (sometimes) after the demise of her parents. Since Kindra lives in seclusion and very private person (also I have kinda vague memory of this), the facility is not known to anyone or had visitors for a long time, so I guess security is not a concern? Anyway, that's how I interpreted the scenario. As long as there were no prior scenes describing how the security in the facility works but then suddenly/conveniently failed when there is an intruder, I think it is still believable (that there was no tight/high security system in place). Cheers.

Last edited:
Reactions: underoath27

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Well, I have not played the latest version (only up to Chapter 2 and it was more than 6 months ago), but if I remembered it correctly, the facility USED to be a top-secret facility because Kindra's late father and mother were contracted by the military, but it was no longer the case (sometimes) after the demise of her parents. Since Kindra lives in seclusion and very private person (also I have kinda vague memory of this), the facility is not known to anyone or had visitors for a long time, so I guess security is not a concern? Anyway, that's how I interpreted the scenario. As long as there were no prior scenes describing how the security in the facility works but the suddenly failed when there is an intruder, I think it is still believable (that there was no tight/high security system in place). Cheers.
Security measures don't just go away, they don't expire. Yes you may not have actual live human security guards, but all the security tech is still there.
Here is an example, where I live, gun shops are required to have back-to-base alarms that trigger not only their security company but also the police.
One I did work for had their alarm triggered because it hadn't been disarmed before the door was opened and the police arrived in under 4 minutes.

Secondly, not only does this place have secret projects, weapons manufacturing capability and a lot of secret designs/tech .etc it also has dangerous chemicals [we were told about this when June came to work in the lab] in an R&D lab which means there are certain requirements by law that must be adhered to as far as safe storage and security measures to keep them from being taken out of the lab or stolen.

In systems I've designed not only are there cameras, door sensors and the like, there was also an atmospheric pressure sensor, to detect if the room pressure had a rapid [outside of a set limit] change by the opening of a door, window or other breach.
There were microwave motion detectors, very sensitive. There should be not real motion inside a locked room, these things not only detect motion, they determine speed and can even detect people crawling or sliding along the floor and on top of that they can log direction of travel too.
Then there were acoustic sensors, what would happen is the base-line ambient sound would be calibrated so then if the system is armed and noise beyond the base-line is detected that also triggers the security response.

There is more but I won't make this any longer than needed, the point being that security systems are done in layers and employing human guards is just one of those layers and in the situation we have in Artemis all the non-human security systems would still be in place, it would be essentially impossible to breach undetected and then to get in, find your way around, find what you are looking for and exfiltrate with the stolen items? It isn't happening with 1 day of prep by one or two guys.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Security measures don't just go away, they don't expire. Yes you may not have actual live human security guards, but all the security tech is still there.
Here is an example, where I live, gun shops are required to have back-to-base alarms that trigger not only their security company but also the police.
One I did work for had their alarm triggered because it hadn't been disarmed before the door was opened and the police arrived in under 4 minutes.

Secondly, not only does this place have secret projects, weapons manufacturing capability and a lot of secret designs/tech .etc it also has dangerous chemicals [we were told about this when June came to work in the lab] in an R&D lab which means there are certain requirements by law that must be adhered to as far as safe storage and security measures to keep them from being taken out of the lab or stolen.

In systems I've designed not only are there cameras, door sensors and the like, there was also an atmospheric pressure sensor, to detect if the room pressure had a rapid [outside of a set limit] change by the opening of a door, window or other breach.
There were microwave motion detectors, very sensitive. There should be not real motion inside a locked room, these things not only detect motion, they determine speed and can even detect people crawling or sliding along the floor and on top of that they can log direction of travel too.
Then there were acoustic sensors, what would happen is the base-line ambient sound would be calibrated so then if the system is armed and noise beyond the base-line is detected that also triggers the security response.

There is more but I won't make this any longer than needed, the point being that security systems are done in layers and employing human guards is just one of those layers and in the situation we have in Artemis all the non-human security systems would still be in place, it would be essentially impossible to breach undetected and then to get in, find your way around, find what you are looking for and exfiltrate with the stolen items? It isn't happening with 1 day of prep by one or two guys.
I understand how the security works in real life scenario (at least at the very basic level) and I am not arguing that. Only digi.B can answer what you want, I just gave you my interpretation based on the limited information I have about the game so far. I also mentioned that the security systems were not described or explained (in details) in prior scenes, so it could have not been there in the first place (high security that is, maybe it just have basic security), or was deactivated or something. It could also be that the intruder was capable to circumvent the security systems.

Nonetheless, only the author can explain it, but imposing your own knowledge and expectation on the game only hinders your experience with the game. Cheers.

Anus Mundi

Nov 27, 2018
This is most definitely one of my favorite games. :love: Great story, the humor, great graphix and outstanding animations.

Storywise i don't know if i ever can bring myself to leave Vulvamort peacefully but i couldn't hatefuck her either. Too much damage done, i guess.

Well, yeah, great game! (y)

Since i started from scratch this time i ran into a couple of errors and bugs:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I attached a file with the fixed scripts. Copy to "game"-folder extract and override.

Reactions: FAP369ZONE

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Played Ep4 this weekend, replaying it right now cause I missed a lot of stuff, and I wanted to re-live it again cause there's some stuff I didn't remember...

Story is filled with humor (funny as hell at times, literally), but heavy stuff intertwined to it...

So... am I the only one who got emotional at various points during the game ?

Tkoyama

Feb 25, 2020
Great update as always! I loved it! And I'm glad I came back repeatedly to talk to the girls at the halloween party. Who wasn't curious enough missed some scenes hahaha
I want moaarrr.

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
English isn't my first language, so I didn't understand when Vulvamort was talking about the reason she betrayed MC. When she talks about "that two assholes, bla bla bla...", was she talking about Richard and Stephen? And she talked about ten years later and still having anger... Could someone explaing this to me, please? Thank you.

Reactions: JulienSlink

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
I accidentally saved over my end of last chapter save when I was playing latest chapter without mod (I usually play with and without) and I had to load an older save. I forgot how cute Reina is without all the makeup and with her hair just piled up! (dating app game with MC).

MrBubu

Mar 31, 2022
Walkthrough Update

## [1.1] - 2022-10-18

- Update version 0.4.1

If you want to support my work, you can:

Visit my thread to post suggestions for my next work.

Walkthrough is also available here:

Cheers,
Mr Bubu

Cedroc1701

Mar 1, 2022
English isn't my first language, so I didn't understand when Vulvamort was talking about the reason she betrayed MC. When she talks about "that two assholes, bla bla bla...", was she talking about Richard and Stephen? And she talked about ten years later and still having anger... Could someone explaing this to me, please? Thank you.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020

mooncasterdk

Oct 15, 2022
Honestly hope Artemis will somehow give that freaking thief a lesson ,he is stuck inside the house and she is awake i hope she is alright i don't want to see the bad guys getting information about Artemis or the robot dog
I was going to put this as spoiler but it says error every time i try to send it so sorry if i spoiled anything to anyone.

4.80 star(s) 378 Votes