JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
Without giving major spoilers, what makes you hooked to the game? What would you say to convince me to try this out again? Is it the story? Is the characters? Is the game extremely polished? If I didn't like that much the very start (again, I didn't dislike it, I just was with expections too high due reviews), does something change in later content that could actually drag me in into this game?
The story is interesting, the MC gets a lot less moody and broken as the story progresses (which you might have missed out on in early chapters), lots of fun and interesting interactions with well-developed characters who are distinct and quirky, good dialog and renders.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
If the renders and humor weren't enough, I have nothing to suggest. I think you have questionable taste if it doesn't seem enjoyable, but to be fair we do all havr different interests when it comes to these AVNs. Just as I wilk never understand how ICSTOR is as popular as he is while releasing nothing. I checked out his game, I don't understand thr appeal either.
I recall the renders were spetacular yes, the humour I don't recall being that great, but again I just played the very start. Also, humour is subjetive I guess, although that maybe is better on future releases.

Personally while I do like good renders, I also like when it has an engaging story. At the time it didn't give me a good vibe, but the same happened to Ripples until I gave another try to finally reach the major plotwist and now I love that game, so who knows, maybe I will like this one if I grab time to try it out again.

Again, I didn't dislike the game, but probably the hype was too much that I found it out nothing special. Same happened to me with GoT for example, I guess I need to ignore the hype sometimes. Anyway thanks for the answer.

The story is interesting, the MC gets a lot less moody and broken as the story progresses (which you might have missed out on in early chapters), lots of fun and interesting interactions with well-developed characters who are distinct and quirky, good dialog and renders.
Is the rest of the cast actually memorable? Wether it is the heroines or the "bad guys"? Also, you mention broken, but how you describe the MC's personality there, does it remain good, does it get twisted and/or a bit corrupted?

Reactions: Ilhares

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
I recall the renders were spetacular yes, the humour I don't recall being that great, but again I just played the very start. Also, humour is subjetive I guess, although that maybe is better on future releases.

Personally while I do like good renders, I also like when it has an engaging story. At the time it didn't give me a good vibe, but the same happened to Ripples until I gave another try to finally reach the major plotwist and now I love that game, so who knows, maybe I will like this one if I grab time to try it out again.

Again, I didn't dislike the game, but probably the hype was too much that I found it out nothing special. Same happened to me with GoT for example, I guess I need to ignore the hype sometimes. Anyway thanks for the answer.

Is the rest of the cast actually memorable? Wether it is the heroines or the "bad guys"? Also, you mention broken, but how you describe the MC's personality there, does it remain good, does it get twisted and/or a bit corrupted?
MC is on a redemption arc. The beginning of the story is him barely able to function after being betrayed, emotionally and financially destroyed and his work stolen. The story so far is positive; he's not become an evil corrupting mastermind as there are other people in the story who do that already. If you want a revenge and corruption story this is not it.

If you don't like it then you don't like it. Nobody else is going to convince you to like something you don't. Best to move on to something else if you can't appreciate the thing that many others do.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
MC is on a redemption arc. The beginning of the story is him barely able to function after being betrayed, emotionally and financially destroyed and his work stolen. The story so far is positive; he's not become an evil corrupting mastermind as there are other people in the story who do that already. If you want a revenge and corruption story this is not it.

If you don't like it then you don't like it. Nobody else is going to convince you to like something you don't. Best to move on to something else if you can't appreciate the thing that many others do.

I guess to some the game is bearable then.

Anyway thanks again for the info, if I grab time maybe I'll try it again. As said, that worked with Ripples, so who knows, maybe with this one does to. If not, life goes on.

Onibaku

Feb 7, 2018
Please tell me we still get action from Zoe in the future. It's fine if she's no longer a LI but please don't remove her entirely from getting involved with the mc.
Nobody is getting removed. The MC just wont be able the get into a romantic relationship with them. So we will still be able to interact with them like before and even sex scenes are still on the table.

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
Nobody is getting removed. The MC just wont be able the get into a romantic relationship with them. So we will still be able to interact with them like before and even sex scenes are still on the table.
Sex scenes on the table is the best kind. Her hips are at the perfect height and there might be some food around for snacks if you get hungry while doing it.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
What drastic change?

While I am sure a few players made choices that would allow a redemption arc for Cassandra, not following through on that possibility will have little effect on the overall story. It just means one less thing the developer has to account for.

Since most players have written her off already, for them, the story will not be affected at all.

A multiplicity of routes is great for the player, but death to the developer. Besides, as is true for most players, one less route means more game time on routes that are more desirable to them.

Now the developer can concentrate on those more-desirable routes.
I agree in theory with what you are saying

But some devs can handle lots of routes.
Look at DPC.
The best dev around imo
His game has five main paths
And some side girls will also probably get endings

Don't get me wrong this game kicks arse
But lots of routes and choices can be done

Last edited:

Call of Booty

Mar 21, 2020

Look at DPC.
The best dev around imo

Problem is that will take around 5-10 years to be finished,by the update rate,complexity,paths,etc. I'm not complaining,just stating the facts. By then who knows what will happen and how many new great games will pop-up,so maybe interest will fade. We just got to know basic story so far and Artemis is about to awake. It's way more complex than other 1 year per update games.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Problem is that will take around 5-10 years to be finished,by the update rate,complexity,paths,etc. I'm not complaining,just stating the facts. By then who knows what will happen and how many new great games will pop-up,so maybe interest will fade. We just got to know basic story so far and Artemis is about to awake. It's way more complex than other 1 year per update games.
True
I do think soon enough tho most of the big games on here
Will become one update a year

Also I hope Artemis is a love interest

Onibaku

Feb 7, 2018

Happy Monday!
Busy week going through my list of things to review. There were more renders to be fixed than I thought, but the majority of them were easy fixes. A little trick I picked up working on CH4 was not compressing my daz saves. This lets you open the file in something like notepad++ and edit it in plain text. So in this example below...

you most likely won't notice since the image size was reduced to fit this post. But there's very fine grain in the whole image. So instead of opening all 8 renders that were affected, I just opened the files in notepad++ and tweaked the number of iterations, and re-queued the renders. There were a few that had annoying things like this one below of Kindra's uncle. When doing an IRAY preview, those bald spots weren't there and somehow showed up during the final renders for this scene. In this case, a simple photoshop job since it was only a few renders that come out like this.

Then there are the slight nuance issues like this one. He has two versions of his morphs, his younger version I use in flashbacks. The above image is his correct present-day morph. Forehead winkles, crow's feet eyes, etc. Morphs are tricky to fix editing the save file directly, but fortunately, I only did a few shots this close up to him. So I just opened the few saves and corrected the morph and re-queued.

Mostly quick work correcting the issues I found last week. Wanted to share how this process works and some methods you may not be aware of to trackle them. Mainly saving scenes uncompressed. Editing the file can be a major time saver when you know what you're doing. Just be sure to save a copy before, until you're more comfortable with the process. One wrong edit and you'll get errors or break your scene file entirely.
For this last scene on my list, I'm going to be dipping my toes in Blender a bit for some extra help. Blender has a bunch of cool stuff to help stage scenes and automate some stuff, then export it to DAZ to continue there. I was already working on this as soon as I woke up this morning and it's going smoother than I thought (knock wood). Just need to export what I worked on and begin working on this scene. It's a fun scene I've been holding off on for awhile now but also real excited to finally get to it.
That wraps it for last week.
Have yourselves a great week! Stay safe and hydrated!
-digi.B

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022

Happy Monday!
Busy week going through my list of things to review. There were more renders to be fixed than I thought, but the majority of them were easy fixes. A little trick I picked up working on CH4 was not compressing my daz saves. This lets you open the file in something like notepad++ and edit it in plain text. So in this example below...

you most likely won't notice since the image size was reduced to fit this post. But there's very fine grain in the whole image. So instead of opening all 8 renders that were affected, I just opened the files in notepad++ and tweaked the number of iterations, and re-queued the renders. There were a few that had annoying things like this one below of Kindra's uncle. When doing an IRAY preview, those bald spots weren't there and somehow showed up during the final renders for this scene. In this case, a simple photoshop job since it was only a few renders that come out like this.

Then there are the slight nuance issues like this one. He has two versions of his morphs, his younger version I use in flashbacks. The above image is his correct present-day morph. Forehead winkles, crow's feet eyes, etc. Morphs are tricky to fix editing the save file directly, but fortunately, I only did a few shots this close up to him. So I just opened the few saves and corrected the morph and re-queued.

Mostly quick work correcting the issues I found last week. Wanted to share how this process works and some methods you may not be aware of to trackle them. Mainly saving scenes uncompressed. Editing the file can be a major time saver when you know what you're doing. Just be sure to save a copy before, until you're more comfortable with the process. One wrong edit and you'll get errors or break your scene file entirely.
For this last scene on my list, I'm going to be dipping my toes in Blender a bit for some extra help. Blender has a bunch of cool stuff to help stage scenes and automate some stuff, then export it to DAZ to continue there. I was already working on this as soon as I woke up this morning and it's going smoother than I thought (knock wood). Just need to export what I worked on and begin working on this scene. It's a fun scene I've been holding off on for awhile now but also real excited to finally get to it.
That wraps it for last week.
Have yourselves a great week! Stay safe and hydrated!
-digi.B
So Kindra's uncle is a young Dr. Wily. This explains a lot actually.

myukimo

Nov 18, 2021

Look at DPC.
The best dev around imo

Here many people talk about routes alone. But MC doesn't trust people (emotionally), this game has neither tag dating or cheating, at the end of the game you can see a harem route or polygamy route :unsure:
If the game has a harem at the end, cass is probably the pet of the group, it would be a good alternative ending, is it a joke or not? :ROFLMAO::devilish:

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
Someone recommended the game to me and told me it's a great game with a good story.
Maybe it's true but I couldnt get past the 1st chapter(I could barely past the prologue), the MC is such a bitchy soy boy crybaby mama's boy, I could not stop cringing about it. I just stopped playing after he panicked when he saw his ex and ran away to call his mama..I meant, his babysitter.

Fuck, what a waste of time.

Call of Booty

Mar 21, 2020
Someone recommended the game to me and told me it's a great game with a good story.
Maybe it's true but I couldnt get past the 1st chapter(I could barely past the prologue), the MC is such a bitchy soy boy crybaby mama's boy, I could not stop cringing about it. I just stopped playing after he panicked when he saw his ex and ran away to call his mama..I meant, his babysitter.

Fuck, what a waste of time.
Give a time,it's one of the best games around

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
Give a time,it's one of the best games around
I would agree with you in most cases, I played a few games with shitty beginnings and the story improves, but the problem is not with the story, I dislike the MC. It's pointless playing a game if you dont like the main character.

Don't feed the trolls. Dude's complaining everywhere about everything. To him all the best rated AVN's here are shit. But I've to give him that he used the abbreviation MF correct.
I disagree with you, so you must be a troll!!!
1691585551603.png
He's a troll, most of his comments are shitposting in different threads. But I have to admit, sometimes he posted funny stuff.
I am not a troll, I am a somewhat a pessimist and dislike soy boy low testosterone MCs.
You dont see me bitching about Unbroken story or characters, for example. If it's good, I'll give it props.

4.80 star(s) 378 Votes