Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Sometimes you have to be patient to get a game with a minimum of quality.
I'd say all the time, otherwise you get rushed products who get blasted into oblivion.

But, well, we're in the 'fast food generation', so yeah...

Reactions: Envy*

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Hahaha, I see that it does not affect only France, this generation of "I want all, immediately".
Naaa, it's the same in Quebec, probably the same in all of NA in fact, to me it's essentially a byproduct of the 'American way'.

It's infuriating, really.

• Wow
Reactions: Envy*

Haast

Mar 19, 2018
Hahaha, I see that it does not affect only France, this generation of "I want all, immediately".
To quote Queen "I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now" lol
Its unfortunately human nature now.

digi.B has done better than most, so who are we to question anything (Especially the ones who cant afford to help finance him, and other Devs like him, Sadly this includes me)

w_Stew

Aug 13, 2020
Good lord, nearly 8 months since the last update, am I in some sort of nightmare???

Once I step outside the confines of my dwelling I forget all electronic and non-electronic games. For once I cross the threshold between fantasy and reality I live the ultimate game.. the game of life. - Corndog The Great

Time fly's when you are having fun. Go outside and have some fun.

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
In all of the devs patreon post he kept claiming everything is going smoothly and yet suddenly at the last moment he dropped the bomb that it's not gonna be on end of August as he said, it's my observation from various different vns on this site that when a dev start going the lying and failing to keep up with the schedule part the rabbit hole only grows bigger though I would be glad to be proven wrong on this one I like the characters of this vn for once.
Ok here is a little story for you

Once i was in a motorcycle accident and broke my ankle. The doctor said everything looks good 6 weeks in a cast and it should be healed. Go for check up 3rd week Doctor still say's it all good with my ankle. 3 more weeks and the cast will be taken off.
5th week last check up before cast get's taken off. During the check up The doctor takes an X-ray and asks me have you kept pressure of your foot. I say yes. Doctor say's: Ok let me consult another doctor for a 2nd opinion. Doctor comes back and say's to me your ankle doesn't look good we need to break it again and insert a pin it for it to properly heal. The doctor Said we give these surgery's a special name

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
It's quite easy for games to be delayed at the last minute. Everything is set up, then the dev goes through a test run and encounters a problem. The problem is buried somewhere deep in the code, so that area of the code needs to be rewritten, for that area of the game to make sense with the new code a new scene has to be written, posed and rendered, this adds a week or two to the schedule, but couldn't be known about until the final test run.

Judgemint

Jul 10, 2022
Ok here is a little story for you

Once i was in a motorcycle accident and broke my ankle. The doctor said everything looks good 6 weeks in a cast and it should be healed. Go for check up 3rd week Doctor still say's it all good with my ankle. 3 more weeks and the cast will be taken off.
5th week last check up before cast get's taken off. During the check up The doctor takes an X-ray and asks me have you kept pressure of your foot. I say yes. Doctor say's: Ok let me consult another doctor for a 2nd opinion. Doctor comes back and say's to me your ankle doesn't look good we need to break it again and insert a pin it for it to properly heal. The doctor Said we give these surgery's a special name

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Pretty boring story there was not really suspense, tragedy or drama in it, and I don't see any correlation in you getting getting a surgery and the development of this vn getting delayed delayed you could have typed the “story” in less words and save some us some reading time too but I suppose you were way too high of your ass when writing this as it's clear by your using of the word dense it's people like you who ends up creating cough cough icestors all around by encouraging devs and seeing any kind of constructive criticism on his or her as bad.

Last edited:

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Pretty boring story there was not much suspense, tragedy or suspense in it, and I don't see any correlation in you getting getting a surgery and the development of this vn getting delayed delayed.
The correlation is that real life happens to us all, even game developers.

But since you think the game is so boring, why would you even care when (or even if) a new release comes out?

Aug 15, 2021
Pretty boring story there was not really suspense, tragedy or drama in it, and I don't see any correlation in you getting getting a surgery and the development of this vn getting delayed delayed you could have typed the “story” in less words and save some us some reading time too but I suppose you were way too high of your ass when writing this as it's clear by your using of the word dense it's people like you who ends up creating cough cough icestors all around by encouraging devs and seeing any kind of constructive criticism on his or her as bad.
While I dislike the developer circlejerking that sometimes happens here, I also dislike it when people unfairly accuse devs of milking. Yes the dev took a long time for this update but there are supposedly 3.6k renders - this translates to around 450 renders/month so its not like they were sitting on their ass doing nothing but making excuses.

I would personally give developers about a month of slack time (unless of course they put their patreon on hold in which case I would give them longer). It is difficult to come up with accurate estimates because of unexpected last minute issues and thats just the nature of development. I dont see being off by a month as a red flag. It is a red flag if the project gets repeatedly delayed, communication is poor, there is a constant stream of excuses or if the content to wait time ratio is low.

I do not think that any of the above is a problem for this specific game/developer so far. Of course this could change in the future but at least for now I think the game is worth supporting.

jonnyd901

Aug 24, 2020
vage

The same kind of update for the last 6 months with no commitment to time-line SSOOOO could be 2023 ... dont bother following up asking ,, for releasen date ... Digi B has not commited a time line. line. Dadadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
He did give a timeline that was earlier on in his posts that he did hope to have it out maybe by the end of August. Now every dev has problems and they've had more this year with licencing issues being one of them. Digi.b not only had to adjust the game to remove glitches but hire a composer to make tracks that won't be done overnight until he his happy with it let alone pay for the others that they will allow him to use. He's had to adjust scenes due to a software issue it's all good making a vn but until you hit that point of something you want to add but haven't done before takes time to learn it to get it right. There is another game that will be out next week he's had exactly the same problem to overcome but be grateful that these dev's give regular updates unlike some others

drisarter

Jun 12, 2017
The correlation is that real life happens to us all, even game developers.

But since you think the game is so boring, why would you even care when (or even if) a new release comes out?
I think he was saying the poster's story was boring, not the game (outside chance I am misinterpreting while suggesting you are misinterpreting, which would be a fun irony). For the record I disagree (with him, not you). It was a good and instructive story vis-a-vis the game (life is ultimately beyond our control, things happen we can never predict and they cause setbacks, etc etc etc), told well. Also an unfortunate life event, D3xzalias that must have been really frustrating, dispiriting at the time?

Reactions: D3xzalias

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022

Artemis_Update.png
digi.B said:
Lot of progress with the party scene. To visualize things. Here's a snippet of what's left with the party

There are two events that take place inside the mansion which I look forward to doing because I don't have to deal with big load times due to the party size I work with for outside shots. Aside from that, I just need to wrap up these last couple of interactions and then do the end sequence which is a few stills and one animation. Here's a recap of the laundry list that remains after I complete the stills

Do post-work on completed renders. Queue up any renders that need to be re-render. Stuff like poke-through I just generally just clean up.

Major mishaps such as this are what call for a re-render ha. (Reason number 42069 to move on from DAZ by the way...)

Insert the post-worked renders into the code. This also includes creating those simple animations like blinking, gestures, etc.

Wrap up UI assets

Then spool up a beta build to test.

I do have a number of animations I need to complete. But I plan to work on those while the testers beta test. The same goes for the music as well. I still need to complete some stuff on the music side. But again, saving that for when testers are testing will also speed things up.

After this week, I should have a very good idea of when CH4 enters Beta testing, which clearly should not be long now.

Thanks again everyone for your patience! And have yourselves a fantastic week!

- digi.B

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 376 Votes