Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

kindra mentioned her uncle coming to town, right?
why do I smell shit brewing?
Yes, I noticed that right away. Having corporate competition troubles and you don't even technically own the property, I wouldn't be remotely surprised to find out that the uncle shows up to tell her that he's selling it to the competition, and this is where our MC will have to call on a certain hacker cam girl to look into things, or recruit Zelda for some legal slam to block the sale. Or both.
props to LizaS

second replay
I came to the
"wrex."
"shepard."
scene
it's so beautiful :cry:
I love so many references in the game like this. ME was one of the best, and Artemis gets to sidestep the question about which Shep was the Canon choice by having both represented at the party. It's too bad MC and June didn't test their reach and flexibility.
I wanna bury my face in Paige's ass and use as a pillow for all my life:love:

I LOVE HER SO FUCKING MUCH!!! :love::love::love:
Let's be honest, friend. Your face is hardly the only thing you want to bury in that ass.

have gone through a few playthroughs now, but i just like this too much. :oops::sneaky:
This got a laugh out of me, of all the things I had seen in the game, I really hadn't expected a Rocky reference. Good thing the MC didn't have to defeat Ivana Drago here.

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022

Happy Monday!
Just a friendly reminder before diving into the DevLog. If you haven't already, be sure to download the full version if you're in the TI-86 or T-800 bracket. Tier changes will come into effect Nov 11th, this Friday. To recap:
TI-86 will return to access to DevLogs to keep up to date with development progress.
T-800 will gain access to patch updates only. Meaning when CH5, 6, 7, etc. roll around, you'll have access to those patch updates, but will require you have the full version of CH4 downloaded. Which has been currently available for all tiers for a few weeks now.
And for those new wondering what's going on, I'm getting ready for Steam release, and I have to jump through hoops in order to provide Artemis as fair as possible while staying within Steam's guidelines. After the whole fiasco with Steam and music rights that affected a number of indie developers, I'd rather play it safe and stay within guidelines.
On the subject of music, CH5 will sadly see the removal of music. This is only temporary though. Hopefully Steam is successful, and I'll be able to hire my composer to compose all chapters to date in one go. I'll still look into hiring him for specific tracks that I feel I really want. I have attached the original music composed for Artemis so far to this post for you guys to have.
CHAPTER 5 Discussion - Spoilers ahead if you haven't played CH4 yet.

Digital Demon is the track DJ Kink played at the party just before you arrived.
Flux is the track played during Chapter 2 when Kindra left to perform. This track is currently not in the game as I have to re-animate this scene. Since I had animated and edited this scene to match the old track. So if I were to lay this track in, it really wouldn't look right.
And of course, Artemis Main Menu is the track that plays during the main menu :)
I can now finally discuss details for CH5. CH5 marks the start of Book 2 which tells a whole new arc. Book 1 (CH1-4) was about MC rebuilding himself and ultimately confronting his past and finally starting a new life with new opportunities. Book 2 will focus on Kindra and MC navigating not only the corporate world as they gear up for the McCreed expo. But, also handling the sudden awakening of a certain ashen haired lass. It's very exciting for me to finally reach this point of the story as I've been waiting a long time to tell this part of the story.
Development wise, things have been steady. I've been working more on the scene blocking and getting things prepped. Things like what assets I need to procure, any new shaders I need to obtain or create, etc. Converting assets is something I'm doing more and more of lately. My goal is to try to make Artemis' setting somewhat unique, so I've been trying to avoid using assets I feel have been overused. For Chapter 5, there are some things I do need to import/create and re-shade. A shopping plaza, car dealership, and a solar farm. Those are the big ones but have found a few that I could use with a little elbow grease.
I'm also starting my own library of background people to use in certain cases. During ch4 development, I felt the need to fill the void of some scenes. Zelda's date had a number of people I used to fill the background. And of course the party itself. But I had to side-step production to create them. So I feel if I invest a bit of time now, it would pay off later to drag in "Business man 1" and "Business woman 2" into a scene already pre-made. This will help make scenes feel more populated/alive.
That covers it for last week's development progress.
Again, if you haven't already. Please download your copy of CH4 before the changes this Friday (NOV 11) if you're in the TI-86/T-800 bracket.
Have a great week. See you guys again this Friday with a poll

- digi.B

imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
Dang, can't wait to see the next chapter, hope the guy inside the bunker don't stole anything x.x

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Sadly there won't be much Zelda because she will be away with her family. But i hope at least one more date with Paige.
Zelda working in a law office / Kendra just had a break in and the possibilities with the uncle. I actually think there's a high chance of decent (if still platonic) Zelda content next chapter (at least over 50%)

Reactions: PapaPhat

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Zelda working in a law office / Kendra just had a break in and the possibilities with the uncle. I actually think there's a high chance of decent (if still platonic) Zelda content next chapter (at least over 50%)
I don't know. My bet is that first MC and Kindra will sign contract with Reina so she will help their startup before Zelda get in the equation.

Reactions: Elhemeer

femyo

Feb 2, 2019
So if theres 16 parts to Artemis, and the four parts we've gotten now is 10.5 GB we can assume that part 16 will be 42 GB in total, get your hard-drives ready now while they're cheap

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
So if theres 16 parts to Artemis, and the four parts we've gotten now is 10.5 GB we can assume that part 16 will be 42 GB in total, get your hard-drives ready now while they're cheap
Way ahead. I picked up a TB of space internally and another externally this past year :)

Admittedly, that is huge for an AVN title but nothing compared to HZD and my other games

4.80 star(s) 376 Votes