lewdgamerxxx

Compressor
Sep 6, 2018
digi.B BUG FOUND + FIX
In file: "_ARTEMIS-0.4.1a-pc\game\code\_core\music\audio_code.rpy"
In line: 29
Python:
        except: open(gamedir + "/RPASongMetadata.json", "w").write(renpy.file("RPASongMetadata.json").read())
Replace With:
Python:
        except: open(gamedir + "/RPASongMetadata.json", "wb").write(renpy.file("RPASongMetadata.json").read())
Else it gives type error when ported to android.

Last edited:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

Happy Monday!

I had my hands in everything last week, Steam preparation, 4.2 patch, CH5 development. Steam front of things; I initially set the release date to be end of January. There are still things to do on that front and if I were to stay on track that would mean I'd have to take a nice chunk from CH5 development which I don't want to do. So, I'm pushing the date to March/April for Steam. Steam version doesn't get rushed and CH5 development stays on track.
I want to take a moment to discuss what to expect with CH5 and Book Two as a whole. I managed to trim a lot of fat with CH5 and I initially wanted to focus solely on Artemis herself this chapter. And this will still be her chapter. But there is room for content for some of the other girls and the content will be done differently this time, focusing more on small activities with them as you develop your relationship more. A common question I get is when you'll be locked into a relationship and to answer that, it will be at the end of Book Two (CH8) where you'll make your choice. In regard to story, Book Two is essentially the road to the McCreed Expo. Expect the same crazy antics between you and Kindra on this journey only with a twist now and, some new characters introduced.
I also been working on getting motion capture back into my workflow. There are two shots in Chapter One that are mocapped. Both Kindra's and Cassie's introduction pan-ups were captured. Kindra's was pretty smooth but Cassie's had some popping of the joints. The post-process for this is called 'cleaning up keys' and was really difficult to do then. But at the time, my time was limited due to my schedule. And I really want to add this to my arsenal since later chapters I have action scenes I want to do that motion capture will be very helpful to produce these animations. I also initially dropped this because the number of frames this added to the animations and now that I have added some rendering rigs, I'm comfortable rendering more 900+ frame animations.
I'm at a point where I can start sharing previews of CH5. I didn't want to share much of the first few scenes completed as things left off at an interesting spot in CH4. So, to avoid spoilers I held off on previews. But this week we can expect a preview for Ch5.
Have yourselves a great week!

-digi.B
It will be good to finally meet Artemis. I wasn't expecting the McCreed Expo to be that big a deal, though; I figured we'd get that in Book 2 and Book 3 would be the fallout. Curious to see how that will work out... as long as Chapter 8 isn't titled "Crossroads." :cautious:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
4423121.png
How dare you sir? Scrubs is one of the greatest sitcoms of all times. I hope you have part only of Casandras in your lifetime! :mad: :Kappa:
Edit: I take that back, I didn't think about it, but you could cheat with a paper bag
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Now she's too good for you. :Kappa:

lewdgamerxxx

Compressor
Sep 6, 2018
Artemis [v0.4.1a] [digi.B] - ANDROID PORT

Download - 3.82GB
Package Name: com.lewdgamerxxx.artemis
Credits to Wills747

Primarch Dorn

Jan 13, 2022
digi.B BUG FOUND + FIX
In file: "_ARTEMIS-0.4.1a-pc\game\code\_core\music\audio_code.rpy"
In line: 29
Python:
        except: open(gamedir + "/RPASongMetadata.json", "w").write(renpy.file("RPASongMetadata.json").read())
Replace With:
Python:
        except: open(gamedir + "/RPASongMetadata.json", "wb").write(renpy.file("RPASongMetadata.json").read())
Else it gives type error when ported to android.
Not a bug, also he isn't active here.

BoltonGuy35

Mar 25, 2018
First time reading this over the past four days and OMFG!! Im hooked and can't wait for the next installment.... Kudos to the dev... He/she know's how to tell a story :love: Kindra aka 'Dj kink' is my fave girl and hope that there is more than just being kissing buddy's down the line and maybe a relationship choice with her.
Loved the guest appearence by Lexi from LOF (y)

Last edited:

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
First time reading this over the past four days and OMFG!! Im hooked and can't wait for the next installment.... Kudos to the dev... He/she know how to tell a story :love: Kindra aka 'Dj kink' is my fave girl and hope that there is more than just being kissing buddy's down the line and maybe a relationship choice with her.
Loved the guest appearence by Lexi from LOF (y)

Jan 18, 2022
Finally got around to playing this...why on earth do we have to choose between Zelda and Katy so early on? That Cris(?) Vulvamort sent to Kindra's is sooo lucky Koko is currently out of commission cuz he/she would be dead instead of just trapped.

I always felt Lexi was canon in Leap of Faith. Love her reactions every time she sees this MC :ROFLMAO: BUT if DJ Kink and Lexi met in LOF seemingly for the first time, how does that explain what DJ Kink does in LOF? Since their first meeting, they've stayed in contact and done photo shoots together before Kindra even reconnects with this MC since the poster is in Kindra's room and she's only had 1 gig since reconnecting. Oh the pitfalls of crossover continuity lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jericho85

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I always felt Lexi was cannon in Leap of Faith. Love her reactions every time she sees this MC :ROFLMAO: BUT if DJ Kink and Lexi met in LOF seemingly for the first time, how does that explain what DJ Kink does in LOF? Since their first meeting, they've stayed in contact and done photo shoots together before Kindra even reconnects with this MC since the poster is in Kindra's room and she's only had 1 gig since reconnecting. Oh the pitfalls of crossover continuity lol.
This is why you can't use cross-promotion cameos to define your "cannon" ... for either game. OF COURSE the celebrity marrying the MC is the cannon in other games ... there wouldn't be any press coverage of the celebrity attending a wedding of two random people, or of her buying them a house, or finding jobs for the girlfriend of her could-have-been, etc.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Friends... for the record... Cannon is a piece of field artillery, also found mounted aboard ships and other vehicles...
Canon refers to the events, lore and history of a given work of fiction or non-fiction literature.
Yes, I am nit picking. Peace out, Phat:ROFLMAO:(y)
I tend to go with the flow on that one ...

Reactions: PapaPhat

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Friends... for the record... Cannon is a piece of field artillery, also found mounted aboard ships and other vehicles...
Canon refers to the events, lore and history of a given work of fiction or non-fiction literature.
I seem to remember a story once wherein the insurgents "cannonized" a particularly notorious member of the clergy (i.e. shot him from a cannon).

Jan 18, 2022
This is why you can't use cross-promotion cameos to define your "cannon" ... for either game. OF COURSE the celebrity marrying the MC is the cannon in other games ... there wouldn't be any press coverage of the celebrity attending a wedding of two random people, or of her buying them a house, or finding jobs for the girlfriend of her could-have-been, etc.
Since they wanted to poke fun at the fact they used the same MC model we have a crossover continuity issue. Whereas, if Lexi just did DJ Kink a favor and performed it wouldn't be an issue.

Can't even blame autocorrect on that one, just a lapse lol. And we know the only loose cannon here is Vulvamort.

• Haha
Reactions: PapaPhat
4.80 star(s) 378 Votes