Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
why? because someone has a different opinion? it may not be articulated in the best possible way but that's the guy's opinion on the game. even if I don't agree with it, why would I report it? he said what he wanted, he probably won't be back
if he actively continues to post the same thing over and over, sure, I'll see it as trolling then. but for one post?
leave it as it is. too much fuss about it already as it is.
Agreed. I think it's pretty mean-spirited to report people simply for having a negative opinion about a VN. In addition, calling someone a troll for that opinion and the subsequent dogpiling is pretty fucking rude. It's something I'd expect to see from the Summer's gone thread, not here. I thought Artemis fans were better than that! For shame!

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
...Ok, I stand corrected. I just tested it with your post and you're right. That makes no fucking sense. If anything a facepalm should remove a like, or at least not contribute to your "score".
On the profile it's called "reaction score", while on the post beneath the name it's called "likes"....
So it would probably be better if that part was named "reactions" too.... It's the total of all likes, facepalms, hearts, etc...

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
why? because someone has a different opinion? it may not be articulated in the best possible way but that's the guy's opinion on the game. even if I don't agree with it, why would I report it? he said what he wanted, he probably won't be back
if he actively continues to post the same thing over and over, sure, I'll see it as trolling then. but for one post?
leave it as it is. too much fuss about it already as it is.
I agree, my friend. Reporting for one negative comment is going too far. Chances are high that nothing will come of such a report anyway. Reporting someone for a single negative post is stooping to their low level crying, "Wah! My pussy hurts!"

Opinions are like assholes. We all have them and many of them stink. But, regardless of what I think, everyone has a right to their opinion, even morons that cannot manage a single intelligent sentence or positive thought. I also reserve my right to ignore the morons who are unable to do anything other than spew negativity.

Generally, if I cannot find something positive to say about a title here at F95, I do not comment. I just delete the file that I tried and didn't like then move on to something else. TBH, I wish more folks would do it that way.

So it would probably be better if that part was named "reactions" too
I agree yet regardless of what you call them, all emoji responses still count the same toward the total reaction score. I don't mind that. Yet, I do encourage others to NOT facepalm things that they actually do not like for that reason. As always, my stance is to simply ignore those who only share negativity in forums. Ignore them and they go away. Argue and fight with them and they never leave because you are feeding them exactly what they want, conflict. Negative people thrive on negativity so stay positive and do not let them steal your joy.

Have a great day, my friends. :) Adventure ever on, Phat:devilish:(y)
Base Profile Screenshot 2022.11.12 - 08.00.01.00.png

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Eh...stupid should always be called out. At the very least give them a well-deserved facepalm. It's actually a badge of honor in some cases. For example; I've only handed out 32 of them since 2017. :ROFLMAO:
And now Jericho85 will give everyone facepalms. Good to know ...

Random insulting comments with nothing else to back up the comment has been on my list for a while ... if you're gonna troll, at least put in some effort.

EDIT: I will say I'm on the "don't bother reporting" side. Unless the comment is actually attacking the dev or another person directly, reporting generic troll comment isn't going to do much. Just remember, when you're in a zoo, don't feed or taunt the animals.

Last edited:

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I agree yet regardless of what you call them, all emoji responses still count the same toward the total reaction score. I don't mind that. Yet, I do encourage others to NOT facepalm things that they actually do not like for that reason.
I facepalm some posts just to show the poster that I completely disagree with that post, but don't want to engage in an argument about a ridiculous opinion. I couldn't care less that it increases some F95 score. The poster gets my message.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I facepalm some posts just to show the poster that I completely disagree with that post, but don't want to engage in an argument about a ridiculous opinion. I couldn't care less that it increases some F95 score. The poster gets my message.
I can respect that, my friend. I bring enlightenment yet it is up to those who receive it to decide where that light needs to shine for them. Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
And now Jericho85 will give everyone facepalms. Good to know ...

Random insulting comments with nothing else to back up the comment has been on my list for a while ... if you're gonna troll, at least put in some effort.

EDIT: I will say I'm on the "don't bother reporting" side. Unless the comment is actually attacking the dev or another person directly, reporting generic troll comment isn't going to do much. Just remember, when you're in a zoo, don't feed or taunt the animals.
I only facepalm rude people, notably awful takes, and bad poetry. :ROFLMAO:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: UnoriginalUserName

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
I agree, but this is what it is here on this site. The best way is to simply ignore the trolls.
I agree with you, and that is really the only way on the internet, but instinctually it feels hollow and unresolved.
Humans have had a system for thousands of years called shunning, banishment, exile, excommunication, disownment, etc.
But those are all in-person forms of, in a sense, ignoring. Here there is an endless supply of decent people for their need to cause havoc. being kicked out of your tribe or community or just being ignored by them is a strong way of correcting behavior but not here. We are all anonymous. we are not a community here in the real sense, but this is the new normal, and hopefully, we will survive this new world.

Last edited:

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Humans have had a system for thousands of years called sunning, banishment, exile, excommunication, disownment, etc.
I've heard of all the others of course, but "sunning" was a new one to me, so I looked it up.
Mmhmm. Apparently it's got something to do with "tanning your anus" and a yoga pose.
EKOx9PrUcAAcCvH.jpeg
Thanks, Google.
(I'll assume you meant "shunning". :ROFLMAO: )

talion777

Apr 5, 2022
I always looked at the facepalm as a positive thing, myself, being more like you just used a bad pun or told a huge groaner of a joke or some such. IRL if someone says something I vehemently disagree with then I don't facepalm and shake my head smiling. I will either argue about it or walk away from it. In forums like these you can disagree with just about anything and as long as you're having a civilized discussion about it then it's fine, no matter how ludicrous you think that opinion is. You don't ever report someone for having an opinion different than yours. I only report spammers and angry/hate speech. If the discussion gets too heated or isn't going anywhere then you can simply walk away from it. There are superfanatic fans who can't bear any type of negative commentary about "their" game though. I ran into that on the Eternum thread. Eternum is a game that I quite like but I had some quibbles about the last chapter release and brought them up, thinking to discuss it. I got dogpiled by fanatics and facepalms for nothing, really. I had one civilized discussion, one set of heated retorts, and walked away from the whole thing. I probably won't frequent that thread much anymore because I have better things to do than argue with fangirl dickheads on an internet forum. Some groups of game fans are crazier than others. If they're not your brand of crazy then just walk away.

Honestly, people need to just lighten up. Nobody's entire existence should be validated by their total immersion into an animated video novel. It's supposed to be light fun. Have respect for the people you talk to and argue about anything you like with a light heart. Ignore anyone else. If your skin is too thin to even read stuff you disagree with then stay out of the forums entirely and find something else to do.

Sh0gvn

Dec 19, 2021

Happy Monday!

I got a lot done last week in preparation for this week. This week I'm going to hammer out what is left with my Steam checklist, which isn't much. Some key things being resolving some minor CH4 issues (including the removal of the music from Chapters 1-3). Part of Chapter 4 work was me preparing for this change in music, which I had completely re-done the naming so the music files can be easily swapped for any future changes without breaking the code or redoing it. Just a matter of overwriting old with new. That said, back up these four files from the game directory and simply just paste them back in any future builds and that will restore the old music. I will do my best to try to replace the songs with more placeholders only because it just doesn't feel right. If Steam is successful, that is the first thing on my list is to begin work on the new soundtrack. I understand some people prefer no music playing at all in VN's and that's completely fine, fortunately, the mute option is still there. But for the rest, I will be doing my best to make Artemis feel whole again.

Keep a copy of these files somewhere and paste them over future builds. Doing this will restore the old music, until the official soundtrack is complete.

I also hope to remaster a couple of scenes that are just way too poor in quality. One of them being the flashback with MC's mom in CH1 being the main one. As much as I'd love to re-work the INK free-roam in CH1, that'd definitely be biting off more than I can chew this week. Though maybe in Ch6's dev cycle when Steam is no longer on my workbench, I can review it and see if it's something I can squeeze in. Fortunately, I still have all my scene files from CH1 so it's just a matter of correcting the lighting, updating any textures and re-saving. For the trailer, I remastered Cassie's shot and it only took me maybe 10 minutes to update everything in that scene.

Speaking of trailer, I was completely focused on cramming as much as possible last week for the render queue, I didn't realize I hadn't shared the trailer here. I do apologize about that and posted it on this DevLog. Huge thanks to fellow dev ClassyLemon for cutting this trailer together for me. It was one less thing off my plate for this development cycle.

Have yourselves a great week!

- digi.B

Perished

Dec 9, 2022
Hello guys just started playing and certain animations lag while others don't. E.g. close up in first render is stuttering and chugging but first sex scene flows impeccably. How do I fix?

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Hello guys just started playing and certain animations lag while others don't. E.g. close up in first render is stuttering and chugging but first sex scene flows impeccably. How do I fix?
Nothing to fix, it gets better though.

4.80 star(s) 376 Votes