rdmsvg

Jun 29, 2022
Hello guys just started playing and certain animations lag while others don't. E.g. close up in first render is stuttering and chugging but first sex scene flows impeccably. How do I fix?
Video slows down because of RenPy 8
There is no such thing in RenPy 7.

Reactions: Wizardas

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Video slows down because of RenPy 8
There is no such thing in RenPy 7.
This, while I have no problem, the moment Leap of Fate made the jump to the new Renpy version people with older systems started complaining that animations are laggy. Now I don't know what the exact advantages of upgrading Renpy are for devs, but in hindsight it seems to me not that good of an idea, seeing that most people play VNs on potato laptops, or questionable quality phone ports.

rdmsvg

Jun 29, 2022
This, while I have no problem, the moment Leap of Fate made the jump to the new Renpy version people with older systems started complaining that animations are laggy. Now I don't know what the exact advantages of upgrading Renpy are for devs, but in hindsight it seems to me not that good of an idea, seeing that most people play VNs on potato laptops, or questionable quality phone ports.
I think collusion with computer component manufacturers. Video can't put that much load on the processor unless it's forced by software.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Perished

Dec 9, 2022
I am not an expert or so but my rig is gaming tier but 7 years old, external 4GB VRAM 960 GTX should be more than enough to play an animation flawlessly I think. Is it a matter of optimization of Renpy 8 with older VRAMs or something?

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
I am not an expert or so but my rig is gaming tier but 7 years old, external 4GB VRAM 960 GTX should be more than enough to play an animation flawlessly I think. Is it a matter of optimization of Renpy 8 with older VRAMs or something?
Short version: Basically yes, but more CPU related.

From some searching, it looks like there is an issue with Renpy 8 and some methods of encoding videos. The result is significantly more CPU load and animation playback issues. It seems to be more of an issue as the animation and game size grow larger.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Perished

Dec 9, 2022
Short version: Basically yes, but more CPU related.

From some searching, it looks like there is an issue with Renpy 8 and some methods of encoding videos. The result is significantly more CPU load and animation playback issues. It seems to be more of an issue as the animation and game size grow larger.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah I just ran a test with Artemis bring up into workshop animation in Chapter 3, at rest my CPU sits at 10% 3+ GHz speed, but when the animation kicks in, it runs at near 70% with 2.55 GHz speed. My VRAM not affected at all. I don't know how Renpy works but it is a bit bizarre if it is a simple video file being played. Or does the engine compile the video from frames simultaneously? The same animation plays at startup of main menu and it doesn't lag. I am so confused. I think my CPU old enough to be bottlenecked by it.

HanBoston

Oct 11, 2021
I stopped playing this VN at v0.2 and I was thinking to start over, especially after my save file is messed up. I just wanna ask, how many save files/paths I should make?

Ronsa

Jun 27, 2022
Hi I download this game on android and try to run it on joyplay with renpy plugin but when I open game it's load for few second and it's go back to home screen someone know how fix this?

• Haha
Reactions: Wizardas

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
I've heard of all the others of course, but "sunning" was a new one to me, so I looked it up.
Mmhmm. Apparently it's got something to do with "tanning your anus" and a yoga pose.
View attachment 2422767
Thanks, Google.
(I'll assume you meant "shunning". :ROFLMAO: )
Somehow the only thing that comes to mind with this image is "quit trying to pump sunshine up my ass".

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
Don't quite remember, is this in the game ?

Cause if it isn't, that would still be totally her type of reaction.

Damn I love Kindra.
Yes it is, after you hatefuck Vulvamort.

Also same, Kindra is the absolute best girl to me. A sexy, cute, nice, fun and smart goofball of a childhood friend who works on robots and also happens to be bisexual is the dream :whistle:

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Yes it is, after you hatefuck Vulvamort.

Also same, Kindra is the absolute best girl to me. A sexy, cute, nice, fun and smart goofball of a childhood friend who works on robots and also happens to be bisexual is the dream :whistle:
Ok I remember now hahaha, yeah, twas funny as hell.

Honestly, the way digi wrote her, her arc (all the character arcs, for that matter, especially the MC), and the way she's like 'best sidekick' and one of the top LI in the AVN world, fuck yeah !

4.80 star(s) 376 Votes