JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018

Unlocked
Artemis DevLog - CH5
Happy Monday all!,
Business as usual this week. Just grinding away with development. While working, I've also been letting music play in the background and saving tracks I enjoyed. Around CH4, I had told myself to make CH5 trackless until the composer can compose the full soundtrack. But playing scenes without music is just so jarring for me. So, I'll continue to insert temp tracks until we get the full tracks.
I have about 13 scenes left to complete. There are about 4 additional scenes I'm contemplating on giving the axe. I've already trimmed some fat from other scenes, so going to see if these can be placed into CH6 or if they fit better for CH5.
Also, this week was the week I released CH1 of Artemis and it's been a wild ride and the ride just gets more wild. (In a great way). I've always wanted to write stories and create great cinematic pieces and very thankful to find a medium where I can do that without having a Hollywood budget. All thanks to everyone one of you, be it here or other platforms. I'm very thankful to you guys.
Attached is a 4K render of the main love interests for Artemis. Honestly, I was going to throw Koko in there too because I thought it'd be funny to see her laying there with the others. But could barely fit the current roster.

Also attached are the questions I received and my answers.
I can't thank you enough. Here's to more Artemis and many more future projects!
Be safe. Be well.
- digi.B
I'm with Ayhsel.
Koko is the best girl out of them all. :HideThePain:

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018

Unlocked
Artemis DevLog - CH5
Happy Monday all!,
Business as usual this week. Just grinding away with development. While working, I've also been letting music play in the background and saving tracks I enjoyed. Around CH4, I had told myself to make CH5 trackless until the composer can compose the full soundtrack. But playing scenes without music is just so jarring for me. So, I'll continue to insert temp tracks until we get the full tracks.
I have about 13 scenes left to complete. There are about 4 additional scenes I'm contemplating on giving the axe. I've already trimmed some fat from other scenes, so going to see if these can be placed into CH6 or if they fit better for CH5.
Also, this week was the week I released CH1 of Artemis and it's been a wild ride and the ride just gets more wild. (In a great way). I've always wanted to write stories and create great cinematic pieces and very thankful to find a medium where I can do that without having a Hollywood budget. All thanks to everyone one of you, be it here or other platforms. I'm very thankful to you guys.
Attached is a 4K render of the main love interests for Artemis. Honestly, I was going to throw Koko in there too because I thought it'd be funny to see her laying there with the others. But could barely fit the current roster.

Be safe. Be well.
- digi.B
Paige :love:

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019

Unlocked
Artemis DevLog - CH5
Happy Monday all!,

Be safe. Be well.
- digi.B
Not that I care that much because Kindra supremacy but does anybody think Zoe and Cassie are stashed in those cubes receiving Zelda's and Naomi's glorious buttocks ?

• Haha
Reactions: JohnF95zone

InfamousGuy

Apr 4, 2019

Unlocked
Artemis DevLog - CH5
Happy Monday all!,

Be safe. Be well.
- digi.B
Wow, this actually hurts. Zoe is not considered a Main LI. Welp, seems like my hopes and dreams have been crushed. Thankful to see everyone else is happy though!

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
CH4 4.2 Patch
Added new renders and revised the scene between June and MC if you went along with her joke. Also updated the reference to be less vague. Additionally added a new DataLeak render if you went through the whole scene.
Added missing renders for Zelda, if you kissed DJ Kink and Zelda reached the "Interested" tag. She'll react appropriately.
Added button in Quick Menu to resolve any stuck UI prompts

Reverted changes for the gun range, dropping the timer speed from 2 seconds to 0.6 seconds before the target times out (RIP EZ mode)

Corrected save name box not displaying in Save menu

Fixed audio maxing out when muting or maually moving slider to 0

Updated game menu layouts
Updated dialogue box. Also reduced text by 2 pts.
Updated the DataLeak background to reflect the game's current state of render quality.
Updated revised V's intro

Moved the Quick Menu to fit just under the dialogue menu, no longer being off to the right. (See QoL below)

*****QoL Additions*****
Added delete buttons for Save/Load menu
Added option to enable/disable the Quick Menu
Added transparency slider for dialogue box
Streamlined code to better accommodate playing on a controller
Various minor bug fixes
From the looks of this, it seems we are intended to start over from the beginning...

All my saves are there and the ones I tried seem to work but there is no new content except a revised credits screen and a chess game coming to an abrupt end with mother as victor over her daughter and a bit of talk regarding the upcoming tech conference.

The list of fixes and updates looks good but I really don't want to have to start over again right now... If that is the requirement, I'll wait for chapter five and THEN start over...

Saw the update, got all excited but much ado over nothing, apparently.
Artemis certainly is cute though :)

Adventure ever on, Phat:devilish:

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
In Russian (as well as several other languages), a persons middle name is derived from that of the father. These middle names are called patronymics. In this case, the girls father's first name would be Vladimir. In Russia, people are often addressed by their first and middle names, as in, 'Hello, Ivan Ivanovich' (son of Ivan) or 'Good morning, Olga Petrovna' (daughter of Peter).

Perhaps some native-Russian speaker can tell us if it is now common practice by a woman to go by a name like 'Vladimirovna Chayka', which appears to be a middle and last name.

Or perhaps this woman is from another country like Bulgaria or Uzbekistan, where patronymics are also common.
Or perhaps like Commander Susan "Human Style" Ivanova

• Red Heart
Reactions: myst0501 and Tulrek

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
Wow, this actually hurts. Zoe is not considered a Main LI. Welp, seems like my hopes and dreams have been crushed. Thankful to see everyone else is happy though!
That has to be an oversight , right? If characters like Claire, Naomi and V are main LI, then so has to be Zoe. I didn't even recognize V and Claire in the picture at first, probably because they've played such a small role so far.

Imo this game's biggest problem is how similar and sometimes even redundant many characters are, so I'm curious what the difference between main and side characters is really. I mean, what's really the difference between for example Katy and Zoe, when it comes to story involvement?

Reactions: ZzZzZiggy

ZzZzZiggy

Dec 30, 2021
That has to be an oversight , right? If characters like Claire, Naomi and V are main LI, then so has to be Zoe. I didn't even recognize V and Claire in the picture at first, probably because they've played such a small role so far.

Imo this game's biggest problem is how similar and sometimes even redundant many characters are, so I'm curious what the difference between main and side characters is really. I mean, what's really the difference between for example Katy and Zoe, when it comes to story involvement?
I imagine digi doesn't have a storyline or proper arc for her so he... sidelined her? *shrug*
Not cool.

• Sad
Reactions: Hildegardt

Ghos[t]

Jan 1, 2018
In Russian (as well as several other languages), a persons middle name is derived from that of the father. These middle names are called patronymics. In this case, the girls father's first name would be Vladimir. In Russia, people are often addressed by their first and middle names, as in, 'Hello, Ivan Ivanovich' (son of Ivan) or 'Good morning, Olga Petrovna' (daughter of Peter).

Perhaps some native-Russian speaker can tell us if it is now common practice by a woman to go by a name like 'Vladimirovna Chayka', which appears to be a middle and last name.

Or perhaps this woman is from another country like Bulgaria or Uzbekistan, where patronymics are also common.
In Russia patronyms are always an addition, you use it either with name or when using your full name. Also using name-patronym is show of politeness, like adding -san in Japanese or Mr/Mrs. *Surename* in english. Can't say for sure for western slavs, but in Central Asia usage is the same.

Reactions: Walter Victor

apyrvalg

Oct 9, 2018
In Russia patronyms are always an addition, you use it either with name or when using your full name. Also using name-patronym is show of politeness, like adding -san in Japanese or Mr/Mrs. *Surename* in english. Can't say for sure for western slavs, but in Central Asia usage is the same.
Not always. Patronym could be used autonomously in case of informal address or as a nickname of sorts.
For example: friends of Ivanov Ivan Ivanovich could call him Ivanych.

But Vladimirovna Chayka sounds bizarre. If Chayka is her first name then it should be Chaika Vladimirovna - respectful formal address. If Chayka is her last name - that's just strange way to say it and will work only if preceded by her first name. Let's say it's "Anna" - then Anna Vladimirovna Chayka makes sense.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Not always. Patronym could be used autonomously in case of informal address or as a nickname of sorts.
For example: friends of Ivanov Ivan Ivanovich could call him Ivanych.

But Vladimirovna Chayka sounds bizarre. If Chayka is her first name then it should be Chaika Vladimirovna - respectful formal address. If Chayka is her last name - that's just strange way to say it and will work only if preceded by her first name. Let's say it's "Anna" - then Anna Vladimirovna Chayka makes sense.
Perhaps she doesn't like her given name, so dropped it in favor of using her patronymic name. My daughter was unhappy with the name I chose for her, so when she was questioning, she changed her name and when she settled back, she kept her more androgynous name.

ditto6876

Jan 24, 2023
great game, graphics are top notch, the humour is good too, cant wait to see where this goes.Is it just me or is Kindra head a little to big for her body, maybe just me with my eye sight lol. only down side is waiting for updates:cool:

Reactions: Elduriel and Tulrek

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
great game, graphics are top notch, the humour is good too, cant wait to see where this goes.Is it just me or is Kindra head a little to big for her body, maybe just me with my eye sight lol. only down side is waiting for updates:cool:
well that goes for most games... but the updates of this one are at least pretty big even if they take some time so I'm ok with it

apyrvalg

Oct 9, 2018
Perhaps she doesn't like her given name, so dropped it in favor of using her patronymic name. My daughter was unhappy with the name I chose for her, so when she was questioning, she changed her name and when she settled back, she kept her more androgynous name.
Maybe she don't, who knows?
What I am trying to say is that address is too far from linguistic norm. Imagine business card saying something like "Smith Mr. John".

4.80 star(s) 378 Votes