Tokenugget

Jan 25, 2022
Uh, is this game ever going to be updated? I've spend like 12 months at 10$ each on patreon. :ROFLMAO: Most i've ever spent on a single game.... minus World of Warcraft and buying gold and shit. LOL.

It's still a great game but damn.... wtf. Supposedly establishing a Steam platform takes soooo much time. :sneaky: I mean Steam must have you spend 10 hours a day filling out forms for months to allow them to sell your stuff. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Cornholio231

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
hi, i dont know what is happening, is it over after the party? Because i press "chapter 5 save" in the loading sceen and im in the main menu after the chess scene just like my playthrough, is the chapter 5 really just this??
You did continue past the end save to the credits, right?

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Uh, is this game ever going to be updated? I've spend like 12 months at 10$ each on patreon. :ROFLMAO: Most i've ever spent on a single game.... minus World of Warcraft and buying gold and shit. LOL.

It's still a great game but damn.... wtf. Supposedly establishing a Steam platform takes soooo much time. :sneaky: I mean Steam must have you spend 10 hours a day filling out forms for months to allow them to sell your stuff. :ROFLMAO:
Money well spent! :love:

Tokenugget

Jan 25, 2022
Money well spent! :love:
Well i wouldn't be a patreon if i knew each update would come out after 8 months LOL. ... but damn. I didn't expect 8 month cycles. I've spent 150+ on a single game :ROFLMAO: I was like a huge supporter of this game but now i'm like :unsure: I'm so stupid :cry:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: sava75

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Well i wouldn't be a patreon if i knew each update would come out after 8 months LOL. ... but damn. I didn't expect 8 month cycles. I've spent 150+ on a single game :ROFLMAO: I was like a huge supporter of this game but now i'm like :unsure: I'm so stupid :cry:
You could drop it down to a lower tier. Honestly, this game is a real production. The 3d work alone is far beyond anything others are doing...that includes AAA game studios. Expression, idle animations, characters that move and have personality. Really incredible work! Then there is the story. Truly above most others.

So, at least you can say you are contributing to an excellent game. But money is money. I contribute a lot to quite a few games. For me, it is not about the product. And I don't think about it in terms of what a game would cost me to buy. Nearly all of these developers are independent and do this work on their own time. I can't speak for digi.B, but Patreon contributions are more like a salary for this kind of work.

I considered all those things when I first started this game and considered adding digi.B. to my Patreon. Worth it!

Tokenugget

Jan 25, 2022
You could drop it down to a lower tier. Honestly, this game is a real production. The 3d work alone is far beyond anything others are doing...that includes AAA game studios. Expression, idle animations, characters that move and have personality. Really incredible work! Then there is the story. Truly above most others.

So, at least you can say you are contributing to an excellent game. But money is money. I contribute a lot to quite a few games. For me, it is not about the product. And I don't think about it in terms of what a game would cost me to buy. Nearly all of these developers are independent and do this work on their own time. I can't speak for digi.B, but Patreon contributions are more like a salary for this kind of work.

I considered all those things when I first started this game and considered adding digi.B. to my Patreon. Worth it!
I'm not sure. I mean i spend 20 dollars to own a Hollywood movie that costs 250,000,000 dollars to supposedly to make. Yet, here i am spending 150+ dollars to support a game that gives me what maybe an hour of content every 8 months? Seems kinda weird. :unsure:

Reactions: Nurikabe

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I'm not sure. I mean i spend 20 dollars to own a Hollywood movie that costs 250,000,000 dollars to supposedly to make. Yet, here i am spending 150+ dollars to support a game that gives me what maybe an hour of content every 8 months? Seems kinda weird. :unsure:
Then you probably shouldn't be using patreon ... 'cause the whole point of it is to BE a Patron of an individual (or group), not a purchaser of a product. You can EXPECT a product from the individual you are supporting AND if you aren't getting the product you were expecting, then there's no reason to continue to support them.

But if you have been a supporter of Digi.B for ... over a year? and it took you this long to realize you weren't getting what you expected (when he announced soon after he finished the initial release of chapter 4 that it would be a while before he even started on chapter 5, btw) then you really don't have a reason to be complaining.

Tokenugget

Jan 25, 2022
Then you probably shouldn't be using patreon ... 'cause the whole point of it is to BE a Patron of an individual (or group), not a purchaser of a product. You can EXPECT a product from the individual you are supporting AND if you aren't getting the product you were expecting, then there's no reason to continue to support them.

But if you have been a supporter of Digi.B for ... over a year? and it took you this long to realize you weren't getting what you expected (when he announced soon after he finished the initial release of chapter 4 that it would be a while before he even started on chapter 5, btw) then you really don't have a reason to be complaining.
Not sure what you point is...? You pretty much just confirmed my point. So yeah, i supported the dev with my money for a year and all i got was nothing but updates on how he's trying to get his game on Steam. I never thought getting your game on Steam would take 6 months of effort. That must've taken so much effort lol. I mean filling out forms that take 6 months to fill out ouch.

• Angry
Reactions: Cabin Fever

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Not sure what you point is...? You pretty much just confirmed my point. So yeah, i supported the dev with my money for a year and all i got was nothing but updates on how he's trying to get his game on Steam. I never thought getting your game on Steam would take 6 months of effort. That must've taken so much effort lol. I mean filling out forms that take 6 months to fill out ouch.
No, I didn't make your point. But you did confirm that you didn't register MY point, so we have nothing more to talk about.

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
I mean... There are two reasons why people sub.. Either they want the perks from the sub, or they don't care about the perks and just want to support the dev.

If your intention was just to support the Dev, then I doubt you'd be complaining. So then I can only assume you were in it 6for the perks. In which case if you don't think you're getting your money's worth, then just stop subbing. Whatever your motivation was, I really don't see the purpose in complaining about it. Just unsub for now, then resub later if you want. Easy problem, easy solution.

Tokenugget

Jan 25, 2022
I mean... There are two reasons why people sub.. Either they want the perks from the sub, or they don't care about the perks and just want to support the dev.

If your intention was just to support the Dev, then I doubt you'd be complaining. So then I can only assume you were in it 6for the perks. In which case if you don't think you're getting your money's worth, then just stop subbing. Whatever your motivation was, I really don't see the purpose in complaining about it. Just unsub for now, then resub later if you want. Easy problem, easy solution.
........ :ROFLMAO:

4.80 star(s) 378 Votes