browse_man

Jan 2, 2019
All of the ones mentioned are damn good. I'm kinda with Captcha on LoF though. I didn't find it as good as the others (apart from the Major D scene. That cracked me up). The "trinity" thing probably comes from the fact that those three devs collaborate and cross-promote a lot. I think Stoya once even referred to it as the "AVNCU".

There are also a few brand new VNs lately with a lot of potential. The Dev for Fog of War seems to be in this same devring, and I thought that VN is great so far. It had an LoF cameo scene.
Stoya? She plays AVNs as well?

jasont123

Aug 14, 2020
1689634992313.png

Happy Monday!

Thought I'd change the main image up a little just for this week's post. Sort of a preview render and I liked how the weight of Kindra's parent's legacy looms over her as she contemplates.

Progress continues to go steady, I'm wrapping up another scene today which leaves me with just two more to finish. Some scenes are 50 renders and most others are 1-200 renders. I should probably splice these scenes better, it's something I'm working on. For example, Kindra's walkthrough of the workshop in CH3 was almost 400 renders long (actually it was prob more than that). But this is all behind the scene stuff and it all gets placed into the code in the end, regardless of where a scene starts and ends. Anyway, I am really happy with the performance of the 4090 though as I'm noticing its performance with this scene in particular. The Halloween party had maybe 4-6 full Genesis 8.1 characters in key shots, with OBJ versions of characters sprinkled in the background. That took about over an hour to render at 1080 resolution. This scene has about 15 Genesis 8.1 characters and takes about 40 minutes, rendering at 4k. Granted the lighting is setup differently for this scene and lighting always impacts render times. Also, I render at 4k and downscale to 1080 to avoid using denoising. So far it's been a great method.

On the technical side of things, happy to report I just made a nice purchase on parts for an actual server. The one you've heard me mention here and there is a Frankenstein build of parts used from my past. x299 board and chip with my GPUs from last year, blasted with RGB ram that's screaming "kill me now". I mentioned the increasing size of Artemis as updates continue and how I wanted to host my own links for you guys. Mega/Google/WeTransfer will still be provided, but they all have their issues (except maybe WT). Mega with the obvious 5GB download limit, nice for updates bad for those who download the entire game. GoogleDrive has a download quota that easily gets railed on release days. With the server, you'll get personalized links that are one-time use until you click download again, where it'll get you another link. So, I bought an epyc processor and 512gb of ram and the GPUs are still good, so I'll be transferring those over. But I intend to use this server to send renders to, host links (more on this), host VMs for other things, and also do some After Effects/Premiere work for Artemis. All without stuttering or hiccups. I thought about just renting something, but since I have a background in IT, it'd be nice to just host this stuff myself, get a UPC or two... bada-bing. But these parts are coming in this week. However, I won't be putting it together until after this chapter is released as it's going to require some planning, etc. Which means it'll be Mega/Google/WeTransfer for CH5. But the update itself won't be 5GB so Mega links shouldn't be a problem. Also upgrading the networking I've got here for faster transfers between the server and better utilize my fiber line for downloads/uploads. My upload speeds aren't terrible but isn't a bad idea to optimize things.

That wraps it up for this week. I'm gonna go refill my jug of water and get back to the grind. Stay safe and keep hydrated!

- digi.B

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Hello,
You will find the image attached.
I had the same problem, and it was due to the fact that the multi-mod was not up to date at that time, and it also prevented some other updates to appear, but now if you go to download it again (it has been updated), it should be OK with all the 4.2 additions.
Cheers
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
How does this one get triggered - I've gone through the party twice, didn't see a SD card (not one on the location list, either), tried all three flavors of "potions" to see if it was that kind of achievement (but didn't do the multiple variations I suppose it could be).

I prefer to get things without simply "unlocking".

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
I think that one is when you speak to June at the party for the first time and do the surname loop 10 times.
I went back and figured it out, and, yes, if you have the WT just hit "Moon" and then keep hitting the green ellipsis until it triggers.

Thanks.

DanteRed

Oct 28, 2020
I have a quick question and please note that I only played up to version 4.01. I read a few pages back that both Zoe and Cassandra were taken out as love interests via Patreon poll. Does that mean that their Dataleaks pictures were also taken out of the game, in the newest version?

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I have a quick question and please note that I only played up to version 4.01. I read a few pages back that both Zoe and Cassandra were taken out as love interests via Patreon poll. Does that mean that their Dataleaks pictures were also taken out of the game, in the newest version?
I believe so ...

EDIT: Honestly, I did a full replay (after getting a new computer) of 4.2 twice (Kate/Zelda paths), so I'd forgot that Zoe and Cass had HAD data leaks ... I still have a v0.3.2 of the game. May go through just to try and find them again for S&Gs Didn't save the old walkthroughs though ...

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: xapican

DanteRed

Oct 28, 2020
I believe so ...

EDIT: Honestly, I did a full replay (after getting a new computer) of 4.2 twice (Kate/Zelda paths), so I'd forgot that Zoe and Cass had HAD data leaks ... I still have a v0.3.2 of the game. May go through just to try and find them again for S&Gs Didn't save the old walkthroughs though ...
Thanks for the reply, I found Cass's data leak and it wasn't anything to write home about. While I can understand taking Zoe out as a love interest, I'm kind of sad that Cass was taken out as well since a potential love/hate relationship would have been interesting to see how it would play out. Oh well, I guess the cast is already pretty big, with the next book for sure adding some other girls so trimming a bit of them out isn't such a bad thing.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Thanks for the reply, I found Cass's data leak and it wasn't anything to write home about. While I can understand taking Zoe out as a love interest, I'm kind of sad that Cass was taken out as well since a potential love/hate relationship would have been interesting to see how it would play out. Oh well, I guess the cast is already pretty big, with the next book for sure adding some other girls so trimming a bit of them out isn't such a bad thing.
Bummed about Zoe - needed a ZZ-Top themed threesome with her and Zelda...

Probably couldn't get (or wouldn't want to pay for) licenses to have Tubesnake Boogie and Pearl Necklace playing in the background. Could do it as part of a fancy double date and have Sharp Dressed Man intro the scene...

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Bummed about Zoe - needed a ZZ-Top themed threesome with her and Zelda...

Probably couldn't get (or wouldn't want to pay for) licenses to have Tubesnake Boogie and Pearl Necklace playing in the background. Could do it as part of a fancy double date and have Sharp Dressed Man intro the scene...
I don't think there will be anymore Cass opportunities, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are still some Zoe ones ... but while I like her character, I can't say I'm in mourning over her being pulled from the pool (I wouldn't be complaining if she was still in it of course ...)

And while I'm still going to play out as many of the girl's stories as I can, for the moment there are five I'm most interested in: June, Kindra, Zelda, Reina, and "V"

And lastly, while I'm on the subject of "all the girls," if you want to feel like a shit-bag, have a "conversation" with Kindra's ex. Clearly Digi has a story there, but dayum, that's a harsh "intro" to her character.

liberatorus

Jun 12, 2022
None of those are considered "the holy trinity". BAD is easily more renowned, and going off views and rating, eternum is more well received too
More popular doesn't always mean better. People have different tastes. I can see why BaDIK is popular and I like it as well.

But at this point it just seems to be living off reputation, the later updates haven't been anything special. Still way better than the average VN, but other top VNs have caught up and surpassed it in terms of quality.

Eternum is one of my favourite games here and has amazing production value, but I still like Chasing Sunsets a bit more because I have never liked a LI in any of these games as much as I like Jaye. I really liked Cece in LoF as well, but overall the game is not as good.

And I personally think Artemis is just as good as Eternum as well if not better. I would say Eternum has better visuals and world building, Artemis has better characters and writing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elhemeer
4.80 star(s) 378 Votes