suckassonline

Jun 1, 2020
i might be wrong about this but did you delete or mess with your renpy folder? like trying to download a new version to work on something or maybe you thought it would work better with an update? or did you change your system settings? like going from English/UTC to asian or arabic? also, as a rule of thumb, don't put anything on the system drive, mate. that usually leads to so many complications that it's not even worth it. from the little i could gather, the game fails to find/read certain definitions for UI and image rendering/display in your renpy folder, which is the programing language used by the dev. the only suggestion i have is to delete your folder (the actual ARTEMIS folder, not just the renpy one) and try unpacking the archive again (preferably to any drive but C, where your windows is installed). it could be that it also doesn't have the right to access said files, which usually happens when you put anything on the system drive.
no i only added urm and unren to the game and i think i used a wt. when i remove/add game i remove the folder completely (game folder) and reinstall if needed for a clean dl i dont mess with any system code except for script and gui to change small things like dialogue or textbox/text stuff. when i dl the game i added the aforementioned mods then ran the game when i got to the part i mentioned i couldnt save and not to long later i was able to save again i think it was after the night with june i cant remember at this point.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
no i only added urm and unren to the game and i think i used a wt. when i remove/add game i remove the folder completely (game folder) and reinstall if needed for a clean dl i dont mess with any system code except for script and gui to change small things like dialogue or textbox/text stuff. when i dl the game i added the aforementioned mods then ran the game when i got to the part i mentioned i couldnt save and not to long later i was able to save again i think it was after the night with june i cant remember at this point.
There is a bug where the right-click stops working if you check the data leaks, which fixes itself when you get the new phone (I think) ... Its supposed to be fixed with 5 I believe. You should still be able to use the menu buttons though.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
How can i get access to DJ KINK STUDIO?
That's disabled because of a change of direction with the music -- last year companies licencing music started pulling them from adult material, so devs like Digi have had to scrap the music they were using if they want to publish on Steam, so he's currently in the process of updating the music with self-commissioned works.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
That's disabled because of a change of direction with the music -- last year companies licencing music started pulling them from adult material, so devs like Digi have had to scrap the music they were using if they want to publish on Steam, so he's currently in the process of updating the music with self-commissioned works.
and its a major pain finding music now!

• Sad
Reactions: Elhemeer

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022
1694466769842.png

Hey everyone!

Sorry for the late update last week for those visiting the Discord. One of the things beta testers mentioned was how many dynamic images were used in this chapter. Dynamic images is the term used for something like the "blinking" effect you see. They're really fun to do and can really add to a scene. They're just so involved in the setup and really slowed me down inserting them into the code. But the final result came out great!

I had people ask about game saves breaking and I can confirm old saves still work. I generally don't touch previous chapter code, but generally when you remove or alter variables. That's something that can break saves. I do my best to try to avoid this and come up with ways to finesse code changes without breaking things completely. For example, the music changes. I recently changed how the tracks were named from "name of track" to "track01". This would allow me to swap out music when needed without breaking the code. In order to do that, I had to keep all the old tracks, take them into an audio software and snip the track, then mute it. This way when loading a save, the old code will still be able to find the old track, there just won't be any audio when the save loads. Not until you go to the next scene, code will pick up the new music. Sorry if that made zero sense, I'm tired haha.

Overall though great first round of beta testing. Mostly clippings I need to fix, typos, fine-tune the dynamic images, very few re-renders need to be done. Music, sfx... Once I'm done with these, next round this weekend will be further testing and mostly polishing.

Back to the workshop I go!

Have a great week! And stay safe!

-digi.B

4.80 star(s) 378 Votes