NonChalantly

Feb 4, 2018
So, I guess next update will be november next year, maybe.
Has digi.B said how many chapters will be? I'm just curious, I hope at least 10 'cuz I really enjoy this game and when it's done I'll buy it on Steam, well... if by then's still on Steam.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
View attachment 3066480

Good morning!

Firstly, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone. Seriously, the reception for this latest chapter was overwhelmingly positive. Very happy to finally be at the point of the story kicking off. A lot of side-arcs I'm excited to start exploring.

Also, I apologize for the two bugs found. Before release, I was reviewing variables and in my infinite wisdom....decided to update those two to be more descriptive for tracking purposes. Bug has since been resolved last Monday with patch 0.5.0b.

Later today, I'll be dropping 0.5.1 patch for both TARS and T-800. On top of the bug fixes mentioned above, it'll include some logic fixes, Naomi's date fix (if you opted for the name wager), typo fixes, and will also include the revised DataLeak menu that will include an "Extras" section. So those who collected Cassie's and Zoe's SDCards, they will be present there. Along with future SDCards that don't involve the main love interests. Additionally, this will also include the SDCard hunt for CH5 and two new wallpapers for Zelda and Veronica for your phone.

I also wanted to mention the new core feature for Artemis that was introduced in this chapter. I'll be re-wording the introduction for this feature to be more specific. But I wanted to mention that it's not a morality system per se. Originally, I was going to call it the "balance system", but that just felt too generic. Discernment Protocol fits the bill far more accurately because that is what this system is. Artemis' ability to judge situations and handle them based on the values she has at that moment. Of course, you can pump all points into one area. But keep in mind, not all situations will go well if you try to be empathetic. Some situations require a firm stance to prevent certain repercussions. The same goes for being too firm. Hence the original name "balance system". But again, you're free to guide Artemis how you please, the story will continue to play out. But her actions in critical situations will be tallied. Again, I plan on re-writing the notification as I felt it was a little too quick and wasn't clear enough for me.

After I push this next patch later today, I'll be officially taking my vacation and returning on the 20th. I will still drop a devlog next Monday to address anything. I'll also start my Blender training this week, so an intermittent vacation these next two weeks, haha.

Again, thank you all so much. This was a rocky dev cycle, but as always, Very much worth it. Looking forward to jumping into CH6 development.

Feel free to start dropping questions about Artemis, myself, my methods of development, etc. I'll collect them and write up my responses on the 20th.

Stay safe everyone and hope you all have a wonderful week!

- digi.B
So what are the chances of some kind folks helping us poor peons with the latest patch?

Jun 14, 2021
I'm still hopeful we might get closer to the previously normal 8 month development cycle for 6 given no Steam or medical issues. Maybe we'll get an indication towards hat possibility with his Q&A

Nov 9, 2019
Wait after reading the last devlog I saw that Zoe and Cassie dataleaks are gonna be in a "Extras" section. Does that mean Zoe isn't considered a main LI anymore?

matschbirne

Aug 24, 2019
Wait after reading the last devlog I saw that Zoe and Cassie dataleaks are gonna be in a "Extras" section. Does that mean Zoe isn't considered a main LI anymore?
digi.B said at some point that he was reducing the group of LI's because of all the effort involved, as i understood it. but i can't remember exactly who was dropped. but you can still collect points with them.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
digi.B said at some point that he was reducing the group of LI's because of all the effort involved, as i understood it. but i can't remember exactly who was dropped. but you can still collect points with them.
So, does that mean if we only like a certain girl and she's been removed, we're fucked for an ending with her?

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Exactly Zoe and Cassie droped out as LI, there was a big howling and theethcrushing, about the idea of a Cassie redemtion path, (but well if you are bored and like reading scam trough the convos in the thread,)
And Digi said that Cassie remains in story as Antagonist we shall see if there will be more H scenes with her, and Zoe as the less popular, Got out.
Maybe she has some small scenes but a Zoe ending is not planed.
edit: Dark Silence ; It's the case with Zoe yes ! Cassie is in all endings present only you can't end up with her.

matschbirne

Aug 24, 2019
Exactly Zoe and Cassie droped out as LI, there was a big howling and theethcrushing, about the idea of a Cassie redemtion path, (but well if you are bored and like reading scam trough the convos in the thread,)
And Digi said that Cassie remains in story as Antagonist we shall see if there will be more H scenes with her, and Zoe as the less popular, Got out.
edit: Dark Silence ; It's the case with Zoe yes ! Cassie is in all endings present only you can't end up with her.
i think this should be the answer to your questions Dark Silence.
i like zoe as a friend. cass could get a "forgive her" path, but i think that would be something for a possible prologue.
digi.B definitely has something in mind with the two of them, but is focusing on the story as it is now.

Nov 9, 2019
I see... TBH I didn't disliked the idea of a redemption path for Cassandra, but more as we end up in amicable terms and not as lovers kinda thing. Shame about Zoe though, even if she wasn't my favorite I still liked her enough to get an ending with her in another run, but if it's for quality's sake then so be it. Thanks for the answers everyone.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
i think this should be the answer to your questions Dark Silence.
i like zoe as a friend. cass could get a "forgive her" path, but i think that would be something for a possible prologue.
digi.B definitely has something in mind with the two of them, but is focusing on the story as it is now.
I actually don't know who either of them are yet. I know Artemis due to her being all over this thread and she's absolutely adorable.

Reactions: matschbirne
4.80 star(s) 376 Votes