LizaS

Jan 20, 2022
1701127589080.png

Happy New Week!

Great first week of development. I've updated the links to version 0.5.1a. I want to first touch on what versions mean, as some might be confused about whether it's a content update or not. Versions followed by a letter (#.#.#A) generally mean a hotfix or patch with minimal corrections. The number just before a letter means either a major bug fix or major corrections. It could be fixes for renders, animation corrections, and other fixes. On very rare occasions, they could also contain additional content. For example, I added a few extra renders to a scene. But never to be taken as new content. The first two numbers in the game's version are indicators of new content. We're currently on Chapter 5, so version 0.5.0 represents this. The next update to feature new content is version 0.6.0, and so on. I've seen people confused about versioning and what version #.#.1x has.

All that said, 0.5.1a is just typo corrections, and I added a missing variable if you decided to hang out with Veronica after you chatted about AI with her.

Speaking of versioning, I finally got Artemis set up on GitHub to help me with version control. As Artemis gets bigger and bigger, I need to keep better track of versions than my previous system. So, it was fun setting things up and learning how to keep track, update, create version branches, merge. I also got my MacBook and did some coding on my main PC, then fired up my coding app on the MacBook and great to see it pull the repo from Git and pick up where I left off. Didn't have to VPN to my NAS or setup anything complex like that. Real straightforward and hassle free. I was also able to see how things work on the Mac side of things for Mac builds. Specifically when updating versions. So, I'm compiling things differently now. It'll still be the same for everyone as far as updating and playing goes. And very few steps on my end. All links will work regardless of platform (PC, Mac, Linux only). And trust me when I saw its a far better process for me. Updating two different sets of links, three times gets confusing. So One Link to rule them all is better. For PC, here's what it will look like

Mac looks like this. Same download and plays on all platforms.

Coding on the MacBook has been a nice experience. Though I think my favorite part is compiling the game. It takes maybe 45 minutes to compile Artemis on my PC (13900k CPU). On my Mac it takes about 8 minutes. Not a big deal now, but on release days, those precious minutes count as I try to get it ready and uploaded for everyone. And especially if there's a bug I need to fix. Comes in handy to compile it quickly. Of course, my daily driver will always be PCMR :)

So all links are updated now for version 0.5.1a. Typos and a variable added for those who want to start Veronica's path. Patching is the same as before for PC and Linux. I'll be keeping a closer look on Mac builds and seeing how this process goes.

Nice kick-off week getting started with CH6. Two major events for Book Two I'm planning for is the Thanksgiving gathering. And for those who recall from CH1, Katy mentioned the Autumn Festival. Getting a headstart on the festival now because it's supposed to be a lot bigger than the Halloween party, and I want to take what I learned from the party to avoid issues I ran into then. I do intend to get an ADA A6000 for this as I am almost certain I'll be hitting the 24GB vram limit, which is what caused me issues with the Halloween party—also optimizing more as well planning how I'll ultimately render the event. Because it's a city-wide which means more people in the background. But between the Halloween event, the mall scene in CH5, I've got a few ideas on pulling it off.

That wraps it up for this week!

Be safe everyone, and stay warm out there!

- digi.B

jonnybrain

Jul 15, 2023
Currently having an issue running the game
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Could not load from archive code/_chapters/art_chapter02.rpyc.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
  File "renpy/main.py", line 492, in main
  File "renpy/script.py", line 297, in load_script
  File "renpy/script.py", line 720, in load_appropriate_file
Exception: Could not load from archive code/_chapters/art_chapter02.rpyc

jock1a

Sep 1, 2022
Artemis is on steam,and it showed up in my wish list. No idea how that happened i haven't been online on steam in forever. i do get on just to be offline and play starfield. i am tempted to buy it just to see how it runs from steam. Artemis just showed up in an AVN i played from stone fox. i like that the good AVN's have cameo appearances of characters in other AVN's,like lexi showing up in Artemis. Oh well i just got up so i guess i am feeling nostalgic. Don't forget i am batshit crazy too

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
Artemis is on steam,and it showed up in my wish list. No idea how that happened i haven't been online on steam in forever. i do get on just to be offline and play starfield. i am tempted to buy it just to see how it runs from steam. Artemis just showed up in an AVN i played from stone fox. i like that the good AVN's have cameo appearances of characters in other AVN's,like lexi showing up in Artemis. Oh well i just got up so i guess i am feeling nostalgic. Don't forget i am batshit crazy too
Artemis also has a cameo in Chasing Sunsets, though she's a lot more verbal than currently in her own AVN.

spybreak

Jun 10, 2018
How the heck do you shoot at the range???????? A mouse doesn't move the gun. It just does what it wants slowly. Putting the cursor on something fails. I'm missing something and skipping the mini game ends you up with a lower score.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
How the heck do you shoot at the range???????? A mouse doesn't move the gun. It just does what it wants slowly. Putting the cursor on something fails. I'm missing something and skipping the mini game ends you up with a lower score.
you shoot where you click bro (having the gun move whit the cursor would be a big animation/programming project probably )
headshot x is bonus points

Henticox

Sep 18, 2017
They have officially gained a new fan, I can say that I have enjoyed the humor, the story that this title offers.

Not to mention the topic it touches on, which is very interesting, What is a life?, and the background of the MC struck a chord with me.

All in all, excellent game.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Oh, Artemis how I long to caress your beautiful cheeks
And run my fingers through your beautiful hair

There are those who will see our love as wrong
But I don't care

I will take you on lots of romantic dates
And before we make love I will put rose petals on our bed & light some candles
To make it even more special

And eventually we will get married and settle down