greenjf

Sep 23, 2020

Show less
Happy New Week!
I'll try and keep this one short. This was a very technical week and by that I mean modifying, building, learning, etc. I was working on DK's model for her hiking scene and her hair had clipping through the visor. There are tools in DAZ to fix this. Tools like Mesh Grabber and one other that escapes me at the moment. Results can vary and neither did the job cleanly. So, I decided to take the model in Zbrush, clean the hair, and create a new asset. The results were nice.

The biggest venture this week was creating a whole environment. There are a lot of outdoor/nature scenes for this chapter and while I could kitbash or use different angles for an existing setpiece, I'm still limited by the layout of the setpiece. So, I decided to learn how to create environments, specifically ones with many trees and, more importantly, the mountains and hills. Much like the mall scene and populating it. I had to sit down and decide how am I going to accomplish this. After some learning, trial and error, etc. I'm able to create some real nice environments for the various scenes in this chapter. And not only this chapter, but good knowledge to have for future chapters and projects.
The light posts and outdoor restrooms were imported in. But the hills and mountains were created and populated with trees. I also made sure to give the trees that transition from summer to autumn since Book 2 takes place in November. Something I try to keep in mind when creating environments lol

The above image is ground level, and you can't really see the scale of the environment. Here's another shot with more of the environment.

There's 4 days left for the poll, but safe to say which outfit we'll be seeing this chapter. I also mentioned we'd be seeing the other outfits for the other events planned as well. Number 5 was the runner up, so that will be seen during the birthday party in Chapter 8 and Number 2 during Thanksgiving in Chapter 7.
I've been asked about translations and walkthroughs. It's something that I have plans for but each chapter I'm just so focused on the update, it always gets put on the backburner. For the walkthrough, there is an unofficial one on Discord in the spoilers and walkthrough channel. An official, in-game walkthrough is planned but we won't see that for a while. Likely once Artemis concludes.
That wraps it up for last week. Thanks again, everyone, for your support and feedback.
Stay safe and cozy!
- digi.B

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I think the only reason 3 is winning is because the skirt is kinda see-through.
Yes but as I already said in a previous post, Reina is too classy for that, the outfit what in my opinion would go best with her character is the Nº 5 but that is my take.

Reactions: ZzZzZiggy

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Yes but as I already said in a previous post, Reina is too classy for that, the outfit what in my opinion would go best with her character is the Nº 5 but that is my take.
I don't disagree with what you said previously. And what I said doesn't conflict with what you said neither. I'm just stating the not so obvious, judging by this...
Didn't even notice that I just like 3 because of the colors.

Reactions: ZzZzZiggy

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Oh I never took it as a disagreement, in fact my post was inteded to confirm your asumption ,of the see trough super skimpy and sexy skirt (Player horniness biased vote) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:and is from my point of view 100% accurate .
Dessolos has the inocence joker so he doesen't count :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I'm wondering what our "Conosieur" Joshy said regarding the dress do you know?

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:Kappa:

View attachment 3265490
Also, reminder that everyone needs Reina in their life! :cautious:
Well, I won't disagree about Reina - but bringing up Legion? Man, how could you? That one still hurts all these years later. I absolutely loved Legion, and they did him dirty. The voice was key, but the character was fantastic. I would have kept him and voided EDI if given the choice.

But on the Artemis angle: Does anybody (other than our glorious game dev) have high-res copies of the images used in V's apartment? That one directly behind her desk is especially nice, I'd like to be able to get a quality print of that made (to hang on my own walls). The coloring on it is lovely.

4.80 star(s) 378 Votes