• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ptah

Jul 28, 2018
I'm sure there are ways. Like I said, I'm not an expert on the topic nor I know the science behind it. I was just suggesting to modify the pieces in order for them to get protected instead of using them raw. Your example probably works.
I don't think that law you're mentioning is truly in order. Since their only point to say AI art is not copyrightable is because is "made by a machine", which is MAJOR BS BONKERS. Using this same logic, Photographic art could NOT have copyright and IT DOES, so...

And still, as someone mentioned before, how the hell can you know if a piece of art is AI or not, or what about if It's 50-50%? There's no fucking way no one can know, so basically anyone trying to claim property over others art, may find themselves in an ugly situation here...

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
But every render (DAZ, AI, Blender ...) go to post process in PS.
The only way to guess the image is AI render today is that it looks more natural and pretty then 3D render :D
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
AI art is incredibly easy to spot. Anyone with a moderately trained eye can pick it out. Also, nice try on attempting to use a shitty Daz render with a shitty Daz skin to prove your point.

The eyes are almost always going to be fucked up. Not in the human asymmetrical way, but in the completely different eye kind of way. Fingers/hands, as shown in your example are messed up. The biggest giveaway? Every piece of AI art is going to be overly soft. Just look at the skin in your example, not a single pore in sight. No discoloration(s), blemishes, etc. And until there's a fundamental shift in style in how AI art is created, it's going to remain that way.

Even the best/most realistic AI art out there right now is super easy to pick out.

Ptah

Jul 28, 2018
AI art is incredibly easy to spot. Anyone with a moderately trained eye can pick it out. Also, nice try on attempting to use a shitty Daz render with a shitty Daz skin to prove your point.

The eyes are almost always going to be fucked up. Not in the human asymmetrical way, but in the completely different eye kind of way. Fingers/hands, as shown in your example are messed up. The biggest giveaway? Every piece of AI art is going to be overly soft. Just look at the skin in your example, not a single pore in sight. No discoloration(s), blemishes, etc. And until there's a fundamental shift in style in how AI art is created, it's going to remain that way.

Even the best/most realistic AI art out there right now is super easy to pick out.
That's major BS and only someone who never used any AI art program would say that nonsense. AI can easily generate perfect eyes images and perfect hands. The AI has a hard time specially with hand and feet? YES, but that doesn't mean you can easily solve It with a good knowledge of prompting and Lora use. The same goes for skin imperfection, I made totally realistic drawings of elder people with skin imperfections, so again, YOU'RE WRONG.

And NO, you pick out those art is AI because YOU KNOW BEFOREHAND that It is AI.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
That's major BS and only someone who never used any AI art program would say that nonsense. AI can easily generate perfect eyes images and perfect hands. The AI has a hard time specially with hand and feet? YES, but that doesn't mean you can easily solve It with a good knowledge of prompting and Lora use. The same goes for skin imperfection, I made totally realistic drawings of elder people with skin imperfections, so again, YOU'RE WRONG.

And NO, you pick out those art is AI because YOU KNOW BEFOREHAND that It is AI.
You're saying all this, but are providing fuck all for evidence yourself. Hands and feet are still, and likely will be for some time, a difficult task for AI. There's a bunch of much smarter people out there explaining why. If you don't want to accept that, then that's your problem.

Literally every decent piece of AI art out there is much too smooth to even be synonymous with photorealistic, and the ones that have detail in their skin look like they have cancer. I've played around with SD and V5 of Midjourney, I'm not talking shit blindly here like you seem to think. What you're refusing to understand is that any artist with a moderately trained eye can see the difference between photo, render, and painting against AI. AI generated art has an inherent softness to it, which again, comes as result of how it's made. Midjourney is definitely the best at getting around said softness, but just like all of AI art, it's the lack of consistency that gives it away:

Keep convincing yourself otherwise, though.

Ptah

Jul 28, 2018
You're saying all this, but are providing fuck all for evidence yourself. Hands and feet are still, and likely will be for some time, a difficult task for AI. There's a bunch of much smarter people out there explaining why. If you don't want to accept that, then that's your problem.

Literally every decent piece of AI art out there is much too smooth to even be synonymous with photorealistic, and the ones that have detail in their skin look like they have cancer. I've played around with SD and V5 of Midjourney, I'm not talking shit blindly here like you seem to think. What you're refusing to understand is that any artist with a moderately trained eye can see the difference between photo, render, and painting against AI. AI generated art has an inherent softness to it, which again, comes as result of how it's made. Midjourney is definitely the best at getting around said softness, but just like all of AI art, it's the lack of consistency that gives it away:

Keep convincing yourself otherwise, though.
I think you are really seeing more things than what are there...
If AI images have all some kind of "standard" It's because is how people demand the images to be. There's this standard for the likes of people, not because the tool can't do anything else.
I'll see the work on your game, and CLEARLY see that is made with DAZ3D and probably post-work with PS. It is because we RECOGNIZE those type of frames and effects and because you use "standard" DAZ3D models. If you, for example used, self made models on Blender and then added to DAZ3D and finally retouch on PS. It would A LOT harder to determine if your work was made with DAZ3D or not.
The same happens with AI, If people keeps using the same Chekpoints, Loras, VAE, and models in general, you gonna be accurate determining what is and what is not made with AI.

Thicc Lord

Purveyor of Assets
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Can we please stop discussing AI copyright laws in the recruitment thread, this is way off topic and is now being hijacked.
If you wish to discuss copyrighting AI art and the respective laws surrounding it... go here.