Tool Unity Assets Bundle Extractor

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Max589

Jun 5, 2017
in man of the house, i used the u5.1.1p3 to extract the textasset files as text.. then you can manipulate the game as u want.

Reactions: Krull

Deleted member 24507

Well-Known Member Amateur Artist 3D
Donor
May 5, 2017
Download the Program

1. Download the latest version
a. first download latest version (e.g: 2.1)
b. download bug fix for latest version (e.g: 2.1d)
c. extract latest version to your desired location (e.g: D:\Software\AssetsBundleExtractor_2.1_64bit/32bit depeding on your operating system) , replace the 64bit/32bit folder with the one from bug fix archive.

Update:
make sure you download the new type package for Unity 5.6.0f3 : or
and replace the one in the main folder where AssetBundleExtractor.exe is located.

Ripping the images

A. Open the program > AssetBundleExtractor.exe
B. Open the files with the images > File > Open
C. The images usually are located in data folder of the game (e.g: D:\Games\Harem Villa 0.2\Harem Villa 0.2_Data > resources.assets which contains main files , but some images can be found in levelx files (where x= 0 , 1 , 2 etc.) from what i seen in something unlimited for example.

Once you have open resources.assets a new window will appear showing the files stored inside.
press on type tab to sort the list and look for texture2D files
2. select them all by dragging the mouse over (make sure you drag all the way to the left edge)
3. Once you have selected the files , on the right side of this new window click on the tab
Plugins
4. it will open a new window , there select
Export to .png and press OK
5. select a location where you want the images extracted (i recommend making a folder for each files you want to extract the images from and combine them at the end in one folder manually , because some images might have same name but not necessarily be the same image).
Depending on the number of images might take a while (don't panic if you see not responding , just let it work) , once it's done the Plugins window will close.

Images Help:

View attachment 4232 View attachment 4233 View attachment 4234
I did all the steps as it says in your schematic above and every time the error the program stopped working! And if I want to debug or close the program!

2222.JPG

Last edited:

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sharing Is Caring
Donor
Former Staff
Mar 24, 2017
I did all the steps as it says in your schematic above and every time the error the program stopped working! And if I want to debug or close the program!

View attachment 12391
If it freezes, just walk away and let the extractor do its thing, it'll eventually finish. BUT if it literally shuts down the program with a message saying "this program has stopped working" then that means there is a corrupt file in the rip..... you'll have to rip small portions at a time in that case.

Reactions: Krull

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Respected User
Donor
Feb 1, 2017

View attachment 12391
If it freezes, just walk away and let the extractor do its thing, it'll eventually finish. BUT if it literally shuts down the program with a message saying "this program has stopped working" then that means there is a corrupt file in the rip..... you'll have to rip small portions at a time in that case.
What @aldorain said , export little by little so you find and avoid those files that causes the crash that are either corrupted or not the the extension they say they are.

Reactions: Lt. Aldo Raine
Aug 4, 2017
Download the Program

1. Download the latest version
a. first download latest version (e.g: 2.1)
b. download bug fix for latest version (e.g: 2.1d)
c. extract latest version to your desired location (e.g: D:\Software\AssetsBundleExtractor_2.1_64bit/32bit depeding on your operating system) , replace the 64bit/32bit folder with the one from bug fix archive.

Update:
make sure you download the new type package for Unity 5.6.0f3 : or
and replace the one in the main folder where AssetBundleExtractor.exe is located.

Ripping the images

A. Open the program > AssetBundleExtractor.exe
B. Open the files with the images > File > Open
C. The images usually are located in data folder of the game (e.g: D:\Games\Harem Villa 0.2\Harem Villa 0.2_Data > resources.assets which contains main files , but some images can be found in levelx files (where x= 0 , 1 , 2 etc.) from what i seen in something unlimited for example.

Once you have open resources.assets a new window will appear showing the files stored inside.
press on type tab to sort the list and look for texture2D files
2. select them all by dragging the mouse over (make sure you drag all the way to the left edge)
3. Once you have selected the files , on the right side of this new window click on the tab
Plugins
4. it will open a new window , there select
Export to .png and press OK
5. select a location where you want the images extracted (i recommend making a folder for each files you want to extract the images from and combine them at the end in one folder manually , because some images might have same name but not necessarily be the same image).
Depending on the number of images might take a while (don't panic if you see not responding , just let it work) , once it's done the Plugins window will close.

Images Help:

View attachment 4232 View attachment 4233 View attachment 4234
@Krull I have done all the steps to extract the images but the error message appears and asking if I want to Debug

I'm trying to extract the images from the game Man of the House v. 0.5.6

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Respected User
Donor
Feb 1, 2017
@Krull I have done all the steps to extract the images but the error message appears and asking if I want to Debug

I'm trying to extract the images from the game Man of the House v. 0.5.6
Not working for that game at the moment.

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Respected User
Donor
Feb 1, 2017
Updated OP
- included All in One download links (thanks to @Pepé Le Pew)
- expanded tutorial
- proper credits given to the original author of the program

Reactions: Pepé Le Pew

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sharing Is Caring
Donor
Former Staff
Mar 24, 2017
@Krull Still no update for extractor? My inbox is constantly getting questions about Man of the House. :closedeyesmile:

KimYoon

Oct 27, 2017
so a quick question if i do this would i get a look of girls/boys images without any background "cuse thers one girl with the hair color is the same as the background color and i just cant get her out without cuting her hair off":FeelsBadMan:

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Thanks - just had to use this tool myself.

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Respected User
Donor
Feb 1, 2017
2.2 beta1 is released
  • Update plugins for 2017.1.* and 2017.2.*.
  • Add type databases for 2017.1.0f3 and 2017.2.0f3.
You can download it from the first link in the OP , although i say best wait for the stable version.

Reactions: there and 95toLife

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Respected User
Donor
Feb 1, 2017
2.2beta2 is out as well.
Changes in 2.2 beta2 :
  • Add 2017.3.0f3 support (new class database, updated Texture and Mesh plugins).
  • Fix a memory issue for .txt dumps with many lines larger than 255 bytes.
  • Rework the dependency resolver to support external .assets or streamed data file references from inside a bundle.
  • Fix a crash when trying to compress some texture file formats with mip map support.
  • Fix mip maps of crunched textures.
  • Fix the container name to asset assignment with ResourceManager file tables that have names for multiple File IDs.
  • Fix a crash when an invalid File ID is entered in the Add dialog.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote