Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
So making different choices, of course, affects your alignment. Based on your alignment (it's something like: +3 and higher = good; -2 to +2 = neutral; and -3 and lower = evil), the real point of divergence happens after you visit town for the first time and you go to the ship. After that giant demon shows up and Bredita and Ayna defeat it together, the MC is throw from the burning/sinking ship. Where he wakes up (and with whom) is different, depending on your alignment. From that point on, you're pretty much on the path your alignment has dictated.

I'm unsure whether this path can change. In other words, let's say that after that event you're on an evil path. You can still make choices to increase your alignment score, which could make you fall in the neutral or even good ranges. If that happens, IDK if the events the MC experiences are seen through the new alignment perspective or not. I assume so, but I haven't tried to switch alignments as I've gone along, so I can't say with certainty.
As of right now, you're locked on to whichever path you're on. If you're on the evil path but then make choices that end up with you having neutral or positive karma, you're still on the evil path, and you'll see scenes exclusive to that path regardless of your karma score.

Viressa

May 24, 2018
Played through the whole game on the Evil path, then played through again on the Good path. (Evil path is better imho, even though the plot makes much less sense.) I feel like I didn't really miss out on anything on the Evil path aside from the hot dark elf queen, which wasn't worth a replay of the entire game imho. Is it worth it to replay on Neutral, or am I better off just waiting for more Evil path updates?

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Played through the whole game on the Evil path, then played through again on the Good path. (Evil path is better imho, even though the plot makes much less sense.) I feel like I didn't really miss out on anything on the Evil path aside from the hot dark elf queen, which wasn't worth a replay of the entire game imho. Is it worth it to replay on Neutral, or am I better off just waiting for more Evil path updates?
It's up to you. To play neutral, select good or evil depending on whether or not you selected the other on the previous entry. To play neutral you need to maintain the balance. (1 Good minus 1 evil = neutral) or one evil minus 1 good. Potato/Potahto Tomato, etc...

Reactions: Paapi

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
Thus far, Isabella is the main girl you'll be pursuing on the neutral path, and there's also Katla.

Many more girls are supposed to be available on the good path, like Katriona, Ayna, and other girls at the college, but there really hasn't been much relationship progress there. I've tried to convince Kthulian to ramp up relationship progress with them, because a lot of players think there will never be a relationship with them, but no dice. It's Kthulian's game and he goes at the pace he wants to go.

To get onto the neutral path, if you're so inclined, you need to maintain karma between 3 and -3 until the battle on the ship vs the massive demon that rises from the sea.

I hope that helps.

Reactions: wiwem71072
Aug 13, 2020
Hi, just wanna ask if choosing any of the cheats at the start of the game breaks any part of the game (as shown in the warning at the start)?
No I Don't think it would ''break'' the game if you use cheats, at least it din't break on me when I used the saveeditor to increase all of my magic points; I increased them all up to 500 each (yes, I'm a disgusting cheater, I know:sneaky:) and other than being able to destroy all enemies I fought with a single spell, the game didn't break at all. I don't know if doing the same thing I did might bring different results for someone else though.

Reactions: Paapi and MrHodor

Paapi

Engaged Member
Jan 21, 2020
No I Don't think it would ''break'' the game if you use cheats, at least it din't break on me when I used the saveeditor to increase all of my magic points; I increased them all up to 500 each (yes, I'm a disgusting cheater, I know:sneaky:) and other than being able to destroy all enemies I fought with a single spell, the game didn't break at all. I don't know if doing the same thing I did might bring different results for someone else though.
No problems for me too

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
Well, in my opinion, I would say that there is no need for spell 200 and -200 pernalitty right now, because the game not even require that amount of points yet. Spell 10 points and -10 personallity is enough to acess everything needed in the current version. And Money, you do not need that amount of gold. 500 gold is enough on the current version of the game.

In my cheating, I edited the script to give me 200 health and 200 mana. :LOL: :LOL: That way I never die, because I am badass and even the most strong creature cannot kill me. And with 200 mana, I can use any spell I want without being depleted in mana.

Ripson

Modder
Jun 21, 2020
Well, in my opinion, I would say that there is no need for spell 200 and -200 pernalitty right now, because the game not even require that amount of points yet. Spell 10 points and -10 personallity is enough to acess everything needed in the current version. And Money, you do not need that amount of gold. 500 gold is enough on the current version of the game.

In my cheating, I edited the script to give me 200 health and 200 mana. :LOL: :LOL: That way I never die, because I am badass and even the most strong creature cannot kill me. And with 200 mana, I can use any spell I want without being depleted in mana.
To be honest I didnt knew what value for a particular asset I would require so in order to not to make another trip to saveeditonline, I used the values, I thought would make me invincible

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
To be honest I didnt knew what value for a particular asset I would require so in order to not to make another trip to saveeditonline, I used the values, I thought would make me invincible
Well, that depend how do you want to be invincible in the game? If you wish to be invincible in combat there is some tricks that make it possible. Example it is to edit the "script.rpy" and "combatv2.rpy" files.

Here is my edited files, with edited 200 health and 200 mana. But, to use them, first you need t extract ALL files from "archive.rpa" and them DELETE the "archive.rpa". Then, you must copy, paste and rewrite the files inside the folder "ataegina\game".

Here is the value I changed:

Script.rpy
$ HP = 50(Now 200)
$ MP = 50(Now 200)
$ maxHP = 200(Now 200)
$ maxMP = 200(Now 200)

Combat.rpy
$ HP = 50(Now 200)
$ maxHP = 50(Now 200)
$ MP = 50(Now 200)
$ maxMP = 50(Now 200)

vegeta0585

Apr 19, 2020
I just started playing this and have to say the game is fun, and the story is actually pretty interesting, and if it lets me be a badass necromancer like it seems it will, even better!

But the animation is fucking awful. Like it would be better NOT animated if this is the kind of animation it's going to have. It literally hurts my eyes to watch the 2 different frames flash back and forth.

Reactions: AlienEDM

Ripson

Modder
Jun 21, 2020
I just started playing this and have to say the game is fun, and the story is actually pretty interesting, and if it lets me be a badass necromancer like it seems it will, even better!

But the animation is fucking awful. Like it would be better NOT animated if this is the kind of animation it's going to have. It literally hurts my eyes to watch the 2 different frames flash back and forth.
First, u can be evil or good or neutral. It's upto u to choose and maybe continuing the evil path maybe let u be a badass necromancer

Second, I do agree with you that the animations could be better but considering he is doing it all by himself. It's quite good, also giving updates every month

Reactions: AlienEDM

vegeta0585

Apr 19, 2020
First, u can be evil or good or neutral. It's upto u to choose and maybe continuing the evil path maybe let u be a badass necromancer

Second, I do agree with you that the animations could be better but considering he is doing it all by himself. It's quite good, also giving updates every month
I'm not taking a dig at him as a developer. As I said the games great. However if you can't do actual animations like, say, Dr. Pinkcake who I believe also does it by himself, just don't put them in.

It's just a suggestion, I meant what I said. I think it would be better without animation than with the janky 2 frame animations. They literally hurt my eyes to watch because there's no fluid transition, it's in one position then BAM in another completely different position, then back again with no actual animation. It's eye strain city.

PinkGoddess

Apr 3, 2020
I'm not taking a dig at him as a developer. As I said the games great. However if you can't do actual animations like, say, Dr. Pinkcake who I believe also does it by himself, just don't put them in.

It's just a suggestion, I meant what I said. I think it would be better without animation than with the janky 2 frame animations. They literally hurt my eyes to watch because there's no fluid transition, it's in one position then BAM in another completely different position, then back again with no actual animation. It's eye strain city.
I understand ur point, but tbh I dont agree with it. If I play this game is not for the best animations, is for the GREAT lore and paths/choices u can make in the game, a REAL VN with the incentive of sex scenes, I mean, there are VN that the only reason for the dev to make them is put 29829 sex scenes with zero plot and good looking for graphic lovers than only looking for fapfap time, then there are games that search a plot and they add lewd scenes, like in this game or deluca family for example. I know that u can have two things (good animations and good plot) but understand mos of those devs are newbies in the industrie, working ALONE and as hobby, not everyone is phylligames or PinkCake and have their games as main job actually, and then they choose focus their efforts in better plots over the better visuals, like this game, and tbh I really dont bother me the actual animations, I know there are not the best, of course, but I prefer these kind of VN, of course.

Btw, do you know that VN made me not play it because of its bad graphics despite looking very good to me? New coral city, I spent a few days playing it but really, that game I dont know what happens to its graphics, it is as if the images were with a million contrast and burned, unfortunately very poor quality..

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
Kthulian didn't do animations for long. Most sex scenes in the game are just stills.

If you're talking about the black flashing screens at the beginning of the game, disable transitions, that should stop those.

vegeta0585

Apr 19, 2020
I understand ur point, but tbh I dont agree with it. If I play this game is not for the best animations, is for the GREAT lore and paths/choices u can make in the game, a REAL VN with the incentive of sex scenes, I mean, there are VN that the only reason for the dev to make them is put 29829 sex scenes with zero plot and good looking for graphic lovers than only looking for fapfap time, then there are games that search a plot and they add lewd scenes, like in this game or deluca family for example. I know that u can have two things (good animations and good plot) but understand mos of those devs are newbies in the industrie, working ALONE and as hobby, not everyone is phylligames or PinkCake and have their games as main job actually, and then they choose focus their efforts in better plots over the better visuals, like this game, and tbh I really dont bother me the actual animations, I know there are not the best, of course, but I prefer these kind of VN, of course.

Btw, do you know that VN made me not play it because of its bad graphics despite looking very good to me? New coral city, I spent a few days playing it but really, that game I dont know what happens to its graphics, it is as if the images were with a million contrast and burned, unfortunately very poor quality..
I don't get it. Then if you don't play for the animations, why disagree it doesn't need them? Or are you just arguing to argue. I agreed with the lore and gameplay. Trying to do animations if they're not good at it or it takes them a long time takes away from developing the lore / gampley.

Anyway, I just got to the general cheng animation and it is WORLD better than the previous ones. Like WOOOORLD better. Good job on that one.

PinkGoddess

Apr 3, 2020
I don't get it. Then if you don't play for the animations, why disagree it doesn't need them? Or are you just arguing to argue. I agreed with the lore and gameplay. Trying to do animations if they're not good at it or it takes them a long time takes away from developing the lore / gampley.

Anyway, I just got to the general cheng animation and it is WORLD better than the previous ones. Like WOOOORLD better. Good job on that one.
I did not say that I did not need or need animations, but for me, the animations of this game do not seem like a criticism to discredit the game itself, I do not know what point you do not understand from my post, at no time did I say that or argue for argue.

Ripson

Modder
Jun 21, 2020

I agree to that this game doesn't have good animation, but I like the story. But in my opinion comparing any dev with any other dev isn't the best thing to do. They all have their own circumstances, they work under and yet present their game. And if comparing, I compare it to many other devs who abundent their games without any notice or information and I be happy that atleast it's not on a path of those.

And it only had animations in early state and now the scenes are longer like that.

4.10 star(s) 174 Votes