Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Finished neutral path v0.2.6n. I am really thrilled and shaken. How can a game /visual novel be such good…

Now some critic, constructive of course:

Played from very beginning, tried to remain neutral but did not really succeed. For saving the girl in the wood I got +2 alignment points.

Alternative would be: running away from the bear (and learn about necro in the hut after that - incidentally). That's not being evil, that’s being a coward.

Honestly, evil would be to kill the bear bravely and rape the unconscious girl. Finding the necro-hut after that and use the new skills on the dead girl.

Helping the shopkeeper in the city was very important (for the story, for my mage skills and for my gold).
So that’s another +1 I cannot avoid. At least I had a chance to be a little evil, when I stole the gold in the shops basement.
So I had (+5-1=) +4 points after that.

To experience the neutral path I had to choose to continue with 0 points (happily, because I liked to go with Isabella very much).
But still it feels for me more like cheating. I rather would like to keep the neutral status by myself - through the story.

What I like is that one has to choose between good and evil attitude and actions. But why does one have to be "half evil" to be able to be with Isabella and hunt the evil demons and devils. I see the demon hunters more on a good side, while hunting the evil demons. Not necessarily the same good side as the mages, but still a good one.

I can think of a concept, where the demon hunters have their own dimension where they grow (brave, physically strong, demon-protected). That means, MC could collect

1) evil alignment points,
2) light ones (mages, good), and/or
3) "demon hunter" points (DH., good).

MC could have light points and also DH points at the same time, but should not have evil points (DH with evil points switches to the dark side, loses the DH ability and will be a demon him/herself).

There would not be a need for a neutral status any more. -1 is evil, 0 is not.

MC is following the archmage when - - - ->light points< are more than >DH points<,

He follows Isabella when - - - - - - - - - - ->DH points< are more than >light points<

He follows Bredita when - - - - - - - - - - - >evil points< are more than >light points< (negative alignment).

Just my thoughts ( very early in the morning).

K18

Apr 19, 2018
I'm curious, will we eventually get to see the other paths’ stories later down the line regardless of alignment we pick or do we have to focus on one alignment to see them? (Example: While on neutral path traveling with Isabella, we later on encounter and learn from Ayna and Bredita, vice versa). Whichever way Kthulian decide the to do the paths releases, I’ll play and enjoy the ride. Even if in general in games I personally prefer experiencing a story like in one long single playthrough seeing almost everything (like “Sisterly Lust”), instead of lots of branching paths that requires you to replay to see the story told slightly differently with other certain characters. Regardless, it'll be better than game of thrones final season lol.

For the neutral path update. I like the part where the MC mentions he also trains his body aside from magic, implying he can hold his own in hand-to-hand fighting and with weapons (maybe like Warp’s MC?). Especially after the scene with the emperor talking about the Orcs being the proud warrior nation that values strength over everything else and that Brutus guy. Maybe MC take down some Orcs, maybe a tournament lol. About that master vampire, I’m curious was she a one-time thing or if you let her live will she reappear later on? The MC reminds Isabella of her brother and we (the audience) know MC lost his family, what a coincidence, I wonder why.

Replayed from the beginning to see the changes, appreciate the time and effort for Mida makeover, I like her long hair and how it seem like she letting her grow out long and free. Also same with now smaller baby MC in dream/flashback. Aside from MC regaining his memories as a child, there also the question of MC’s real origin of his real parents and original hometown being destroyed by demons. Like was it town of regular humans with him just being born with powers or was it town of supernatural-powered people ambushed by demons. Who’s the hooded stranger man, he had that asian-like I mean Irokumata & Nagatashi-like face. Waiting for next version.

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Haven't played the new update yet, will try later to see what's on the neutral path... That said I don't actually mind waiting at all, nor am I greedy, if I know a certain month is update for the evil path only, I can just skip it till the light path gets an update.

Unlike ThunderRob , I can't play evil ever... I am like Rosarch, never compromise... I also just don't find Berdita attractive despite using my favorite hairstyle... Despite liking goths Berdita just tries to hard with the make up... Not that I want her changed or anything, it's just not a path for me at all.

I am hoping the light path isn't a "one lover only" thing though... People can be heroic and good, and have all the ladies creaming their panties for him, in fact that feels better than being evil and forcing sexual favors from the girls...

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
I think the Good/Evil/Neutral choice could actually stay in the game and be given a new role in a dream sequence with a choice.

I could imagine that Kthulian could come up with a scenario where there are 3 paths, and you can choose which one to go in.

Rather than set your alignment at 5/0/-5 It would simply add a point, take away a point or do nothing to your points, but it would determine what path you end up on.

In this way, you could play the beginning of the game however you want and then choose your path accordingly anyway.

It's weird how you're not breaking any patreon rules and make a quality game yet also don't have a patreon.
There has already been incest between the Devil siblings. There will be probably between the MC and his foster sister.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Well Healing did seem to be Anti-Undead. (Still don't know why it didn't work on the VAMPIRES but whatever).

Necromancy seems to be the opposite of Healing and Alteration. But I get what you mean, it's impossible to learn Necromancy very much in the early game, it's always the weakest skill.

A Skill Reset or Point Re-Allocation at a certain Pivotal Point in the game would well liked I'd imagine, especially after having experienced other magic types in the game.

wildt

Donor
Sep 2, 2018
What I liked about the game is you didn't have to start over to change paths. That saved a lot of time . I was on the good path and just went back to the last update where you where given the option to change paths . I like the new update on the neutral path. Spending time with Isabella was nice .

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
Just finished playing everything from the beginning. You Kthulian deserve a medal a statue a monument a million dollars...

We never discovered with who Liliana is talking when Suntako gets banned from the college, but you know that they both know "Mistress" and they both know the "plan"...
I could use a million dollars.... Any volunteers? :LOL:
Kthulian is surprising us. The story is going to no expected way. Nice! I like this kind of attitude.

I have a suggestion, however: The brothel, we currently have only one girl (Emilia) working there. Is it possible to add more girls to the brothel and an option selection for choose each girl we want? I'm suggesting that because a whorehouse with just one girl gets a little bit half empty and has few options to spend the rich bucks that we got through the game. At least for me , anyway.
:D:p:ROFLMAO::LOL:
Sure, we don't want to wear out Emilia right?

Finished neutral path v0.2.6n. I am really thrilled and shaken. How can a game /visual novel be such good…

Now some critic, constructive of course:

Played from very beginning, tried to remain neutral but did not really succeed. For saving the girl in the wood I got +2 alignment points.

Alternative would be: running away from the bear (and learn about necro in the hut after that - incidentally). That's not being evil, that’s being a coward.

Honestly, evil would be to kill the bear bravely and rape the unconscious girl. Finding the necro-hut after that and use the new skills on the dead girl.

Helping the shopkeeper in the city was very important (for the story, for my mage skills and for my gold).
So that’s another +1 I cannot avoid. At least I had a chance to be a little evil, when I stole the gold in the shops basement.
So I had (+5-1=) +4 points after that.

To experience the neutral path I had to choose to continue with 0 points (happily, because I liked to go with Isabella very much).
But still it feels for me more like cheating. I rather would like to keep the neutral status by myself - through the story.

What I like is that one has to choose between good and evil attitude and actions. But why does one have to be "half evil" to be able to be with Isabella and hunt the evil demons and devils. I see the demon hunters more on a good side, while hunting the evil demons. Not necessarily the same good side as the mages, but still a good one.

I can think of a concept, where the demon hunters have their own dimension where they grow (brave, physically strong, demon-protected). That means, MC could collect

1) evil alignment points,
2) light ones (mages, good), and/or
3) "demon hunter" points (DH., good).

MC could have light points and also DH points at the same time, but should not have evil points (DH with evil points switches to the dark side, loses the DH ability and will be a demon him/herself).

There would not be a need for a neutral status any more. -1 is evil, 0 is not.

MC is following the archmage when - - - ->light points< are more than >DH points<,

He follows Isabella when - - - - - - - - - - ->DH points< are more than >light points<

He follows Bredita when - - - - - - - - - - - >evil points< are more than >light points< (negative alignment).

Just my thoughts ( very early in the morning).
Thanks for your ideas, I really appreciate it. Some ingame stuff exists because of you guys.

Good update, although im not sure its a good idea to get a blowjob from a vampire that just tried to murder you ;)
Well... You did get the blowjob right? ;)

I'm curious, will we eventually get to see the other paths’ stories later down the line regardless of alignment we pick or do we have to focus on one alignment to see them? (Example: While on neutral path traveling with Isabella, we later on encounter and learn from Ayna and Bredita, vice versa). Whichever way Kthulian decide the to do the paths releases, I’ll play and enjoy the ride. Even if in general in games I personally prefer experiencing a story like in one long single playthrough seeing almost everything (like “Sisterly Lust”), instead of lots of branching paths that requires you to replay to see the story told slightly differently with other certain characters. Regardless, it'll be better than game of thrones final season lol.

For the neutral path update. I like the part where the MC mentions he also trains his body aside from magic, implying he can hold his own in hand-to-hand fighting and with weapons (maybe like Warp’s MC?). Especially after the scene with the emperor talking about the Orcs being the proud warrior nation that values strength over everything else and that Brutus guy. Maybe MC take down some Orcs, maybe a tournament lol. About that master vampire, I’m curious was she a one-time thing or if you let her live will she reappear later on? The MC reminds Isabella of her brother and we (the audience) know MC lost his family, what a coincidence, I wonder why.

Replayed from the beginning to see the changes, appreciate the time and effort for Mida makeover, I like her long hair and how it seem like she letting her grow out long and free. Also same with now smaller baby MC in dream/flashback. Aside from MC regaining his memories as a child, there also the question of MC’s real origin of his real parents and original hometown being destroyed by demons. Like was it town of regular humans with him just being born with powers or was it town of supernatural-powered people ambushed by demons. Who’s the hooded stranger man, he had that asian-like I mean Irokumata & Nagatashi-like face. Waiting for next version.
All the paths will be connected somehow, while you were with Isabella some other stuff was happening on Bredita/Ayna side... Maybe you'll find it out on next versions ;)
Glad my changes pleased most of you, or all of you? :p

Haven't played the new update yet, will try later to see what's on the neutral path... That said I don't actually mind waiting at all, nor am I greedy, if I know a certain month is update for the evil path only, I can just skip it till the light path gets an update.

Unlike ThunderRob , I can't play evil ever... I am like Rosarch, never compromise... I also just don't find Berdita attractive despite using my favorite hairstyle... Despite liking goths Berdita just tries to hard with the make up... Not that I want her changed or anything, it's just not a path for me at all.

I am hoping the light path isn't a "one lover only" thing though... People can be heroic and good, and have all the ladies creaming their panties for him, in fact that feels better than being evil and forcing sexual favors from the girls...
Poor Bredita... :p Like I said before, there are different kinds of evil and good (and neutral?) you can stick with one girl or not, I guess it depends on your choices (eg you don't lose or gain points by going to the brothel)

I think the Good/Evil/Neutral choice could actually stay in the game and be given a new role in a dream sequence with a choice.

I could imagine that Kthulian could come up with a scenario where there are 3 paths, and you can choose which one to go in.

Rather than set your alignment at 5/0/-5 It would simply add a point, take away a point or do nothing to your points, but it would determine what path you end up on.

In this way, you could play the beginning of the game however you want and then choose your path accordingly anyway.

There has already been incest between the Devil siblings. There will be probably between the MC and his foster sister.
I'm not sure how I'll manage that when the game is finished/near the end, but for now you have that split thing after the dream.

One thing that would be nice is when you can change your path, you can also edit your skills. Being an evil healer doesn't really make sense. "I will heal you with my anger!!!"
That is why I warn the player that changing alignment mid-game can cause "plot holes/issues", I haven't decided with a finished game if changing alignment mid-game remains possible.

Well Healing did seem to be Anti-Undead. (Still don't know why it didn't work on the VAMPIRES but whatever).

Necromancy seems to be the opposite of Healing and Alteration. But I get what you mean, it's impossible to learn Necromancy very much in the early game, it's always the weakest skill.

A Skill Reset or Point Re-Allocation at a certain Pivotal Point in the game would well liked I'd imagine, especially after having experienced other magic types in the game.
Because these are "special" vampires :LOL:

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
What I liked about the game is you didn't have to start over to change paths. That saved a lot of time . I was on the good path and just went back to the last update where you where given the option to change paths . I like the new update on the neutral path. Spending time with Isabella was nice .
And that will remain like that until the game is finished ;) after that I'll think about it, maybe create codes for when you finish a path in the next playthrough you can change some stuff? We will see
For now people should keep separate saves for each path (hint: each current path may lead to sub paths or return to other paths)

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller. This is not a perfect process and sometimes can break a game. You've been warned so no bitching.

Ataegina [v0.2.6N Beta] [Kthulian] - Original Size: 1.22GB

Download PC (276MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
Here's my crunched version.

Image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller. This is not a perfect process and sometimes can break a game. You've been warned so no bitching.

Ataegina [v0.2.6N Beta] [Kthulian] - Original Size: 1.22GB

Download PC (276MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Great !! Do you use some kind of sofware to compress everything or do you need to do each files/type of file separately?

Btw Kthulian
A suggestion for you. If you can increase the no of save slots in the game it would be awesome
Like 12 slots per page instead of 6
Or more pages instead of just 9
:whistle:Just saying
:unsure: I believe it has infinite save slots....
This is page 15

We don't use dollars here in Westeros but I would gladly send it over to you if it was the case
:cry: Sad... So sad... Do you use Euros by any chance?

4.10 star(s) 174 Votes