Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Thanks for your ideas, I really appreciate it. Some ingame stuff exists because of you guys.
Hi Kthulian, appreciate your appreciation ;)

I guess it may be too complicated to introduce another point system with demon hunter (DH) points (as suggested last night). Better to keep it simple.

My proposal now.
Being on the "good side", one could choose between "mage path" (with Anja) and "DH path" with Isabella. And on the evil side, with Bredita of course.

On both good paths you have to collect "light points", and one can switch between Anja and Isabella path any time (not sure). Decision for evil path should only be possible in the early phase of the story imo, for not making the story too complicated and confusing.

Interesting thing is that there is another (meta) polarity in the game.

Devils and demons (and Imps) on one side (weakened by Allesterium).
vs the other side: DH plus mages (good and evil, both get stronger with Allesterium and help each other against devils and demons in a purpose alliance).
Not sure where to put the vampires. Devil side most probably.

Last edited:

papsuken

Jun 2, 2017

I guess it may be too complicated to introduce another point system with demon hunter (DH) points (as suggested last night). Better to keep it simple.

My proposal now.
Being on the "good side", one could choose between "mage path" (with Anja) and "DH path" with Isabella. And on the evil side, with Bredita of course.

On both good paths you have to collect "light points", and one can switch between Anja and Isabella path any time (not sure). Decision for evil path should only be possible in the early phase of the story imo, for not making the story too complicated and confusing.

Devils and demons (and Imps) on one side (weakened by Allesteria).
vs the other side: DH plus mages (good and evil, both get stronger with Allesteria and help each other against devils and demons in a purpose alliance).
I have a theory on that matter, since Isabella during the gameplay seems to have a good personality - not neutral - maybe what you say will happen, after all Kthulian said that there are different kinds of evil and good. You have Anya on the good side, Isabella on the neutral and Bredita on the evil, but where do you place the demons? Or Suntako? Or the Slayers? Or the other sides of the war?

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Kthulian, I want to praise your work again. Not only quality (graphics, sound, and your stunning smart story writing),

but also quantity: You deliver more output than many devs on patreon who earn hundreds and thousands a moth.

Btw, what means "Kthulian" and why did you choose this name?

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
... but where do you place the demons? Or Suntako? Or the Slayers? Or the other sides of the war?
The question, who is evil or evil-evil, who fights whom with whom, backstabbing whom - that’s all politics and up to the story-writer.

We should put our focus on a smart alignment system for MC (for now).

What I dislike with "neutral path" as it is now, is that I have to care about:

"Oh, I did something good, now I cannot be with Isabella any more. I have to go to kill a good person to be neutral again. I do betray Isabella and her ppl, if I am good."

Reactions: luisar018

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
Kthulian, I want to praise your work again. Not only quality (graphics, sound, and your stunning smart story writing),

but also quantity: You deliver more output than many devs on patreon who earn hundreds and thousands a moth.

Btw, what means "Kthulian" and why did you choose this name?
Well, I like to do this, maybe those other devs don't? Or since they get paid they use a smarter way or releasing content :LOL:

Kthulian is my adaptation of Cthulhu, it was first inspired by the "Metallica - Call of Ktulu", which was inspired by the "Call of Cthulhu" by Lovecraft. You can google it if you want to know more ;)

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Seeing Isabella in her dinky "bikini" in any weather, first I really felt myself freezing. But then I remembered stories of some yogis, living in eternal ice barefoot, wearing only a stripe of thin fabric as a yogi-underwear and nothing else.

So I guess Isabella has chosen a resistant training for her body, also to strengthen her willpower (always nice to see her doing this).

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Not exactly... have you seen any Demon Hunter say that they are neutral? or good? or evil?
I trust you, and we will understand better after the coming story development.

(But we should be able to be found by Isabella after the "Adamastor encounter" - without being a [partly] evil culprit. Running away from a bear, leaving the poor girl for him - this should not be an acceptable way to be with the brave demon hunters.).

Last edited:
May 23, 2019
I trust you, and we will understand better after the coming story development.

(But we should be able to follow Isabella without being a [partly] evil culprit. Running away from a bear, leaving the poor girl for him - this should not be an acceptable way to be with the brave demon hunters.).
If you can hide your true nature you can fool anyone, you can look like a sheep but in reality you are a wolf.... Or a snake...

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
I have a theory that Katarro is working with Bredita.
He's the one who stoked Anya's suspicions against Suntako, even going so far as to show her Suntako having sex with Liliana. He's short in stature just like Bredita's spy ...
Yes the spy (=Katarro) is really short, standing in front of Bredita. And he is talking about the fights 60 years ago. And he brings "playthings" to Bredita, so teleport ability is quite useful for that. Not many beings seem to master teleport like Katarro, even Anja has to create a portal for that.

Very good observation RoadWulf, compliment. :)

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
As far as the Demon Hunters being good or evil, honestly I can see it like this.

You can have Demon Hunters like Isabella and her mother who probably do it to drive evil out of the world. But you could also have Demon Hunters who kill them off in order to steal their power or get rid of the Evil competition.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
But you could also have Demon Hunters who kill them off in order to steal their power or get rid of the Evil competition.
So these DH you mention, do they also kill the "light mages" off in order to steal their power or get rid of the "light path" competition?

You want to say there might be DH who are evil and fighting other evil beings. Ok, might be.
But I guess they are in another faction of DH than Isabella, and MC will not join an evil DH faction most likely, I guess (it is up to the story writer).

But anyhow, I like your thoughts and creativity in finding surprising points of view.

Last edited:

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Finished evil path from beginning (quick with Ctrl). Yeah, well done!

Its not what I can really identify with, but it is not possible imo to be really strong as a good one if there are no experiences of the other sides of the universal game.

Looking forward very much how the different paths will develop.

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018

My proposal now.

Devils and demons (and Imps) on one side (weakened by Allesterium).
vs the other side: DH plus mages (good and evil, both get stronger with Allesterium and help each other against devils and demons in a purpose alliance).
I actually agree 100% that only evil and good paths should have exclusive content, either side should be able to access neutral stuff in their own way...

Good path - The MC finds the Demon Hunter fighting some demons or those dreadful Slayers and decides to jump in for the assist... why not ? Makes sense, since he is good and knows both factions are complete assholes...

Evil path - The MC also finds the Demon Hunter fighting said groups, and decides to help due to wanting all power for himself, and those groups pose a threat to his "domination" of others...

Missing on wincest du to being good will be depressing to me... I need my DH fix even while being good damnit ! LOL

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Missing on wincest du to being good will be depressing to me... I need my DH fix even while being good damnit ! LOL
(W?)incest ??
To be a good person imo is when someone feels him/herself in integrity, and does not lie to his/her highest self and truth. And does not hurt the integrity of loved persons.
Doesn't mean one has to follow some shitty rules of some assholes from church /court /politics. Mostly they are hypocrites anyway.

So, no need for depression ;)

Last edited:

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
(W?)incest ??
To be a good person imo is when someone feels him/herself in integrity, and does not lie to his/her highest self and truth. Doesn't mean to follow any rules of some assholes from church /court /politics. Mostly they are hypocrites anyway.
100% Agree, there is a difference between good people and zealots... to me a zealot is someone that went so far into the "good side" he came back out the evil side... take "The White Mantle" from Guild Wars... they were dogmatic monsters !!

However right now the good side under Anya is good (yeah the traitor is probably going to end up being Kataro which will break my heart) but overall they are good people... the minute they issue an order like "let these innocents die in order to pursue the demon horde and eradicate that ONE small battalion of them", is the moment I disobey the order even if costs me some points...

Some things are universally good, and having nothing to do with viewpoints and which side you are on...

That said the MC wanting to bang his sister doesnt strike me as evil, they arent limited by modern day societal taboos, as long as he isnt trying to rape her by force or mind control or any of that shit he is still a good person.

wildt

Donor
Sep 2, 2018
I actually agree 100% that only evil and good paths should have exclusive content, either side should be able to access neutral stuff in their own way...

Good path - The MC finds the Demon Hunter fighting some demons or those dreadful Slayers and decides to jump in for the assist... why not ? Makes sense, since he is good and knows both factions are complete assholes...

Evil path - The MC also finds the Demon Hunter fighting said groups, and decides to help due to wanting all power for himself, and those groups pose a threat to his "domination" of others...

Before I played the neutral path in this update I would have agreed with you. But after the dream the MC had while him and Isabella where on the boat i'm looking forward to the next update in this path. I think that dream was a vision of what was going to happen when they reach their destination. The MC nor Isabella are no match for Groggos power. So i'm interested in seeing how or who is going to help them out of this .

4.10 star(s) 174 Votes