GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
i dont know why but game got boring for me
Same for me. For one, the story has gotten quite stale. There was a really awesome moment earlier on where MC regained his strength for a battle...and that was really exciting. Then it went back to the same ole same ole. Similar with sex scenes...there's just really no build up, no tension, and instead of spending time making relationships with existing girls more meaningful, dev's like, nah, let's just add three more girls. And as usual, they instantly fall on MC's dick.

Illuminati00

Oct 27, 2022
i dont know why but game got boring for me
Completetly understandable, I feel the same way. There is no build up with the girls, they all fall in love after speaking with them three times. While you have built a relationship with Katriona, Mida and your "family", all others just fall instantly.

The whole plot points of having mind control powers (my favourite ability in the game) while an evil mage is stuck in your head trying to corrupt you just ended quite abruptly, removing one storyline.

Everything that has happened has already happened. You have fought and absorbed devils, you have saved kingdoms, you have fucked girls etc etc. On that point, the recent encounters with Greed and Wrath were extremely dissapointing. No real buildup at all, you just find wrath after 15 minutes and Greed just approches you. There is no build-up to any of their fights, nothing feels dangerous, you don't even fight their henchmen. Greed had cool snake demons yet their designes were completely wasted.

Talking about completely wasted, your powers. Everything about them feels wasted. You can spawn servants of the devils you absorb, yet you neither train this ability, nor use it. You managed to summon the actual god of everything, and apart from your future, the rest of the questions were completely useless, another waste of a chance. The library is another such point. You have an entire library of informations and knowledge at your disposal. Questlines can be written about that alone, searching for ingrediences for some ritual, finding the meaning of runes, searching for artifacts written about, it just goes on and on, but the mc refuses this, no matter how much Cerea tells you to. Speaking of Cerea, where is her questline? Where is the controversy about her presence? Where is the internal struggle with the girls who have only experienced hardship by their hand? Everyone instantly accepts her after the initial chock, again destroying the chance for a good plotline.

The MC himself is also a big problem. Ignoring the previous reasons, the MC has absolutely no personality other than "joke with Katriona" and "being a classic stupid/horny mc". You got to make a select few personality choices in the first game, but they were ignored almost as soon as you picked them. One of the choices I remember distinctly is his view of other species. I made him into a human supremacist, yet I only got a comment about other species directly after making the choises and then he never mentioned it again. I chose to be with Mida for power, where is this ever mentioned? It doesn't even feel like your story is moving on. You never act differently, you never discuss or even think about future plans, rarely do we get to know what the other big players are doing, and when we do, so much time has passed that it's impossible to decipher what their plan is.

Every possibly interesting plot point seems to be watered down or even removed. I understand why you think it's gotten boring, I myself really don't feel like it's stayed remotely as good as it was or nearly as good as it could have been.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
How do we pronounce: Ataegina.

I've been saying it At-a-geena.

Is it At-ay-geena? Something else?

I hope someone's been pronouncing the latter portion as JYNA.
If it's meant to be read as anglicized Latin, I assume it would be “uh-TEE-jinn-uh”.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
His comment is two years, what the hell?

I would pronounce it At-ä-gina.
Yeah, I was just wondering about the pronunciation myself and searching the thread; I figured if I was going to bring it back up as a topic, I might as well answer the guy's question.

Does your pronunciation assume German values for the letters?

Illuminati00

Oct 27, 2022
Yeah, I was just wondering about the pronunciation myself and searching the thread; I figured if I was going to bring it back up as a topic, I might as well answer the guy's question.

Does your pronunciation assume German values for the letters?
I'm swedish, so that's the sound I have in mind whenever I see ae until someone comes out and says differently. Then in the begining the game was not named Ataegina, but Atægina, making me more sure about my pronounciation.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
I'm swedish, so that's the sound I have in mind whenever I see ae until someone comes out and says differently. Then in the begining the game was not named Ataegina, but Atægina, making me more sure about my pronounciation.
It could be spelled with æ if it were Latin as well…

Though I suppose any regional pronunciation of Latin would be just as valid as the English one.

Reactions: PapaPhat

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Not quite sure how the "show me my future" thing worked with the goddess.

It showed my MC with Mida except I broke up with her ages ago, she hasn't even been to the tower. I broke things off with her not long after finding it.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
It could be spelled with æ if it were Latin as well…

Though I suppose any regional pronunciation of Latin would be just as valid as the English one.
She's an Iberian Celtic goddess of Spring & rebirth. Basically a version of Greek Persephone, Roman Proserpina, or Gaulish Erecura.
The most common theory for source is Celtic, where it's pronounced "Ah-tah-geena", or "Ah-tie-geena".

Last edited:
Reactions: Kthulian

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
I was under the impression that Liliana and Fannay were only visiting the tower so that Liliana can see Katriona to get checked out after her "incident." If Kthulian is moving those two evil bitches into MC's tower without giving the player a choice... He's just lost me as a fan. I mean, what the literal fuck is next if those two bitches move into the harem... are Bredita and Lust next? Fuck that!!! Player choice has been out the window in this game for some time now but I've managed to surf the tide this far yet this is heading for an epic wipeout... It's one thing to lend aid to Liliana when our goals align here temporarily but quite another to move those two evil bitches into MC's private sanctuary. No, no, no, no, no, no, no!

I have made several grey area choices through the game but have followed a primarily good path. Having those two evil sluts living in my tower just won't do! It's bad enough IMHO that MC keeps inheriting all the voices of all the demons he's slain. My only comment to them is, "You are dead! Shut the fuck up!!!" Really feeling a push to the dark side here and I do not fucking like it. I prefer games that allow me to choose the MC's path rather than have one path thrust upon me... which is where this story is heading...:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

Okay... rant over... Adventure ever on my friends, Phat:lepew:
They are visiting the tower for Liliana to be checked by Katriona and Cerea. Or did they decided to live there without asking me? :p

Huh, you know what?
That's quite interesting, thanks!
Here, you can use the images as reference for the previous mentioned "text only".
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Same for me. For one, the story has gotten quite stale. There was a really awesome moment earlier on where MC regained his strength for a battle...and that was really exciting. Then it went back to the same ole same ole. Similar with sex scenes...there's just really no build up, no tension, and instead of spending time making relationships with existing girls more meaningful, dev's like, nah, let's just add three more girls. And as usual, they instantly fall on MC's dick.
Well, as the MC gets stronger his "sex appeal" grows with it, creatures of the world will feel more attracted to him ashis powers grow.

Anyway, I understand your views, and I'll try to improve on that aspect, I'm always learning and trying new stuff, sometimes it works, others it won't.

It may not seem like it but I've been learning since the start.

Completetly understandable, I feel the same way. There is no build up with the girls, they all fall in love after speaking with them three times. While you have built a relationship with Katriona, Mida and your "family", all others just fall instantly.

The whole plot points of having mind control powers (my favourite ability in the game) while an evil mage is stuck in your head trying to corrupt you just ended quite abruptly, removing one storyline.

Everything that has happened has already happened. You have fought and absorbed devils, you have saved kingdoms, you have fucked girls etc etc. On that point, the recent encounters with Greed and Wrath were extremely dissapointing. No real buildup at all, you just find wrath after 15 minutes and Greed just approches you. There is no build-up to any of their fights, nothing feels dangerous, you don't even fight their henchmen. Greed had cool snake demons yet their designes were completely wasted.

Talking about completely wasted, your powers. Everything about them feels wasted. You can spawn servants of the devils you absorb, yet you neither train this ability, nor use it. You managed to summon the actual god of everything, and apart from your future, the rest of the questions were completely useless, another waste of a chance. The library is another such point. You have an entire library of informations and knowledge at your disposal. Questlines can be written about that alone, searching for ingrediences for some ritual, finding the meaning of runes, searching for artifacts written about, it just goes on and on, but the mc refuses this, no matter how much Cerea tells you to. Speaking of Cerea, where is her questline? Where is the controversy about her presence? Where is the internal struggle with the girls who have only experienced hardship by their hand? Everyone instantly accepts her after the initial chock, again destroying the chance for a good plotline.

The MC himself is also a big problem. Ignoring the previous reasons, the MC has absolutely no personality other than "joke with Katriona" and "being a classic stupid/horny mc". You got to make a select few personality choices in the first game, but they were ignored almost as soon as you picked them. One of the choices I remember distinctly is his view of other species. I made him into a human supremacist, yet I only got a comment about other species directly after making the choises and then he never mentioned it again. I chose to be with Mida for power, where is this ever mentioned? It doesn't even feel like your story is moving on. You never act differently, you never discuss or even think about future plans, rarely do we get to know what the other big players are doing, and when we do, so much time has passed that it's impossible to decipher what their plan is.

Every possibly interesting plot point seems to be watered down or even removed. I understand why you think it's gotten boring, I myself really don't feel like it's stayed remotely as good as it was or nearly as good as it could have been.
Like in the previous answer, I get what you mean, and I know I have a long road ahead of me.

I would love to add all those things to the game and so much more, many more choices, many more side quests, you have no idea...

But, there are limits to what I can do and timing is as important as anything else. Maybe, when I'm done with the main story I'll add some side quests/extra content for the players that start over.

Not quite sure how the "show me my future" thing worked with the goddess.

It showed my MC with Mida except I broke up with her ages ago, she hasn't even been to the tower. I broke things off with her not long after finding it.
Hmm, that's weird. Could be a bug, mind sharing your save game with me?

She's an Iberian Celtic goddess of Spring & rebirth. Basically a version of Greek Persephone, Roman Proserpina, or Gaulish Erecura.
The most common theory for source is Celtic, where it's pronounced "Ah-tah-geena", or "Ah-tie-geena".
Exactly, spot on!

Always hard to explain pronunciation in english when... A = "ae", I = "ai", U = "you"

Cheers all!

Last edited:

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Well, as the MC gets stronger his "sex appeal" grows with it, creatures of the world will feel more attracted to him ashis powers grow.

Anyway, I understand your views, and I'll try to improve on that aspect, I'm always learning and trying new stuff, sometimes it works, others it won't.

It may not seem like it but I've been learning since the start.
Fair enough. I'm just the type of person that enjoys the chase. Without having to put in any effort, it doesn't really feel like a conquest or earned.

Would be nice if the sex was more than just blowjobs, vaginal, anal, but I understand that not all games will have more than vanilla sex.

Also, would be great to have the battle mechanics changed up a bit. It was pretty fun at first, but now battles are rather repetitive. Maybe adding something like Final Fantasy's Limit Breaks to make quick work of an enemy or something.

Anyway, thanks for listening and replying.

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
Fair enough. I'm just the type of person that enjoys the chase. Without having to put in any effort, it doesn't really feel like a conquest or earned.

Would be nice if the sex was more than just blowjobs, vaginal, anal, but I understand that not all games will have more than vanilla sex.

Also, would be great to have the battle mechanics changed up a bit. It was pretty fun at first, but now battles are rather repetitive. Maybe adding something like Final Fantasy's Limit Breaks to make quick work of an enemy or something.

Anyway, thanks for listening and replying.
Yeah, the battles can be improved, they have been, and they will continue to be (I hope). After all, it started with "Choose spell X" -- "You win / You lose". Everything else has been added slowly.

About the sex, I'm open to ideas if you want to share them. All help is welcome.

No need to thank me for answering, I believe that talking is the best way to improve most things in the world.

Cheers!!

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Yeah, the battles can be improved, they have been, and they will continue to be (I hope). After all, it started with "Choose spell X" -- "You win / You lose". Everything else has been added slowly.

About the sex, I'm open to ideas if you want to share them. All help is welcome.

No need to thank me for answering, I believe that talking is the best way to improve most things in the world.

Cheers!!
I mean, really anything to spice things up. Could be one of the girls is really into being submissive and/or abused. Spanking. Anything really that you'd be comfortable with adding in.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
They are visiting the tower for Liliana to be checked by Katriona and Cerea. Or did they decided to live there without asking me?
well since other got properly initiated to tower then i think they might stay in tower.

Illuminati00

Oct 27, 2022
Like in the previous answer, I get what you mean, and I know I have a long road ahead of me.

I would love to add all those things to the game and so much more, many more choices, many more side quests, you have no idea...

But, there are limits to what I can do and timing is as important as anything else. Maybe, when I'm done with the main story I'll add some side quests/extra content for the players that start over.
As always, there is of course a limit, I really do understand that. Little is more annoying than having grand plans just to get stopped by ability or resources. I just really think it would be good for everyone if something different happens. To liberate/subjugate a town (depending on the route of course), to improve your godly/demonic abilities, to discover what other places and artifacts the gods left. I think the largest complaint I have about the game is that it has become really linear. In the first chapter you did several things, you took lessons, you went up mountains, you studied magic in secret et cetera et cetera. Recently it has felt like everything is in a loop, you find a girl, you sex a girl, you bring a girl to the tower, you fight and absorb a devil. The linear story and the apperent lore and size of the world does not seem to match up, the mc should have more than one ball in the air. Maybe establishing himself in the "guardian" village, they are extremely loyal yet he has done nothing with them. Here a good aligment choice could be made whether he wants to be treated as a god or as a friend, a choice I thought would be avalible with the guardian girl.
There is a war going on, maybe a mission to create an army loyal to the MC. Few characters are purely loyal to the MC, he could try summoning demons, recruiting townsfolk, calling or maybe even ruling over some elves (if one picked the lord option). Bredita summons her army of dead, the grandmaster (forgot the name) has her academy, the elven queen have her kingdom, the MC should recognize the necessity of at least a small personal army.

I do apologize if I have sounded overly critical in this or the last post, text is tone deaf. This game was one of the first if not the first I downloaded from this website, I really wish to see it shine. Thank you for actually responding, and pleasantly at that. It is hard hearing criticism, I myself am way to proud to not at least be a little irritated when I get it. Though I do get happy whenever I see a creator being able to respond to such criticism with an open mind.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
They are visiting the tower for Liliana to be checked by Katriona and Cerea. Or did they decided to live there without asking me? :p
Hahaha:ROFLMAO: I wouldn't put it past those two bitches to invite themselves or try to stow away in the keep. I remember something about creating special escape proof rooms for enemies... Something about sending them to another dimension... I'm thinking that would be a fate worse than death.

And, thank you, my friend. A temporary visit is what I had anticipated. TBH, I would've rather taken Liliana and Fannay to the college and let Katriona and Cerea meet with them there, main non. Yet, I think it prudent that MC look into creating those "special" rooms, one for each of his enemies. IMHO, that would be a much better solution for all of these evil entities so we don't have to hear their heinous voices lingering in our mind and soul, just lock them away out of sight and mind. Still telling those damned voices to shut the fuck up!!! Gluttony is the worst... he's ALWAYS hungry!!! Hahaha:ROFLMAO::devilish::ROFLMAO:

Thank you again for clarifying and for an amazing game experience, my friend.;)(y)
Adventure ever on, Phat:devilish:(y)

• Haha

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Here, you can use the images as reference for the previous mentioned "text only".
Thanks! These look great.
Wish I could have seen them all in the game with my playthrough, but I still appreciate you providing the pics

Just wanted to ask;

Are there any plans to return to places where MC ventured before?
For instance, it does feel like Ryo and her Kingdom's arc is coming soon so that we'll likely see our MC return to her kingdom, though I am kinda wondering if we'll have our MC return to the Dark Elf kingdom (of Mistress Silvana and her sister, the Dark Elf Queen).
Seems like it's been quite a while since our MC's last visit (back in Act 1).

Also, while we've had our MC explore several places in Ataegina, it does leave me wondering whether there are still much unexplored/yet to be discovered territories to be explored (new islands? Not so well known part of a continent?) :unsure:

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Kthulian - It's always pleasant to see devs interacting with their fanbase and handling criticisms with stride. It's rare that a dev actively tries to improve from the feedback given as it can feel like you're no longer in control of the direction of your game.

I've been lurking in this thread for about a week as I've been slowly working my way through the story, at least up until where the current update is. It's been difficult for me to get a gauge on how I feel about this game overall because my opinions have fluctuated wildly since the beginning, but I'll at least list out a few of the key ones the best I can:
Apologies for what is essentially a wall of text hidden behind that spoiler tag... However, you should take it as a good sign that I thoroughly enjoyed what you've released so far and want to see you continue improving with each new release. Medieval fantasy style VNs are plentiful on this forum, but so few have the care and attention given to them on the level that your VN has.

Keep up the great work!

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Also, while we've had our MC explore several places in Ataegina, it does leave me wondering whether there are still much unexplored/yet to be discovered territories to be explored (new islands? Not so well known part of a continent?) :unsure:
nothing prevents him of going where he wants, companion/s just might change depending where he is going.

you and all ataegina players have seen map so most unexplored area is where hjard's castle is while there are some parts where hjard hasn't visited on continent.

4.20 star(s) 169 Votes