smokebox

Dec 22, 2018
Well i am all in favor to go full fire and blood on the slayers, every RPG game i like to become the most powerfull being in the land while tending to be neutral in most situations, mostly i tend to act like a mercenary i always think what do i have to gain or lose by doing certain actions, the emperor of the slayers is evil, but we cannot say for certain that all his soldiers are evil, some of them might join his forces because they are to afraid of what the emperor would do if they refuse, but that wont change the fact that i will kill those who stand in my way, if they dont want to fight just get the fuck out of my way ,if they refuse them i will gladly kill them all.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
So if the mc happen to utterly destroy the slayers down the last man what will it be? He would have blood of ten thousends on his hand but all other race would hail him as hero. ...
Unfortunately, you are quite right: History is written by the winners of wars, and the winning warlords are heroes. And winning heroes are mostly considered as "good persons" (in the view of the winners at least).

It's not easy to judge (good and evil), even oneself. And to judge others is mostly a failure. Who knows everything about others?

The example of a piece of paper with an oil spot on in shows: If 2 ppl have contrary points of view, both are right - both speak the truth (at least their personal truth, dependent on their individual position).

Still, although both are right, none of them is necessarily a "good person" because of this.

A "good person" is imo the one who tries to find a compromise, who wants to bring peace to the quarreling parties and to make them understand.

Now Arthur, coming to your example with the slayers: It is not easy from our position now to decide, if it is absolutely necessary to slay ALL slayers of the world to end their evil acts. Or if is enough to defeat their armies and punish or kill the leading responsible ones.

Or if there is any other way, so that there is even not the necessity to defeat any slayer army. (Gandhi did not have any weapons, but he succeeded to throw the english colonial government - highly armed - out of the country).

But slayers are more like romans, much more ruthless than the english of the 20th century. Therefore my guess is that there have to be assassin like underground fighters and undercover mages to kill the slayer imperator and his closest fanatic followers. This would possibly avoid a war with huge losses on both sides.

I like the following example of the movie Avatar really much, and we could learn a lot from it.

Anyone remembers when the MC was in the jungle at night, and he was attacked by these extreme dangerous meat consuming beasts? Neytiri (chiefs doughter) came, killed one beast, made the others flee, and saved the MC's life. Did she hail herself as a hero, a winner, a savior of the good ones?

No, just the contrary: she cried for the killed beast, begged for forgiveness, prayed for it and blessed it. And then full with pain, shouted at MC because HE was the ruthless intruder, making a lot of noise. The beast did just follow his nature. All can live together in balance and with respect to each other.

The remembrance of this emotionally outburst of fury makes me still getting goose bumps.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Light and dark are meaningles, use what you have to get what a mage desire.
You are a lot, and you have a lot, but you have to decide what of all that you are going to use. Your decision is not meaningless, what you desire is not meaningless. It is what you will become…

Reactions: Kthulian

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
All this talk about good and evil can be seen as subjective, what is good or evil?

OOOooooooooo someone took "History and Moral Philosophy"!! what is surly to follow is chock full of opinion and interesting rhetoric!! goody goody....

"It's all perspectives and opinions."

If one considers everything to be 'perspective and opinions' and all good and evil to be 'seen as subjective' then one has fallen for the Premise that there is no such thing as 'truth' or 'objective morality.' From that point you can ignore all standards and are free to 'do / say anything you want'.
Well good luck with that. I guarantee Chaos will and Evil will love you for that! ...and the one with the biggest artillery will 'win'...temporarily, (until he's assinated by one of his 'friends').

There is one standard that is irrefutably relevant to good and evil, that is, "all that which promotes Life." However, since all humans must make individual judgements in applying it, it gets complicated quickly and differences arise. Sometimes, you have to kill a baddie to save lives but as Rolo says, "But to kill someone without necessity, " (meaning without serving a greater good) is what makes one evil. It is pure destruction. That is evil. So ultimately, It is an individual moral choice we all must make, are we 'for life in principle' or do we 'just don't care'?

The point is, do you stand for something? (Like in 2nd Hand Lions, "somethings like Honor, courage, and Truth are worth believing in") Or do you stand for nothing but bend to any superior power just to stay alive yourself? That is what makes or breaks your character, and your spirit.

SO, Sir B.T.B.D. you have successfully 'stirred the pot' Back! Begone! Go back to your spying and secret machinations... WE have Need of you when we take over the world and make all free spirits knuckle down to our will!! Muahhhaaa !!

Last thought, a sage quote from a subjugated serf, "The difference in being free, is you don't have to lie all the time!"

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
What is happening here? Did I missed something? Am I still in F95zone? For a moment I though I was back in school, back to my Philosophy classes :LOL: it was about 15 years ago but damn...I was really falling for that and that's great, means that you can be a fapper and still know a thing or two about life :LOL:

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
I didn't see any spiders. Fire and sunlight is a vampires weakness . If you don't believe me just ask Serena she never did like me using my fire breath. Killed her father with sun hallowed arrows. :D
Well that's "lucky" considering that there some unlucky people with 5 or 7...

Mine was around 5 to 7 i think o_O
Oh right.... :whistle:

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
...For a moment I though I was back in school, back to my Philosophy classes :LOL: it was about 15 years ago but damn...I was really falling for that and that's great, means that you can be a fapper and still know a thing or two about life :LOL:
Hehe, guess that’s also integrity, not to exclude something what is part of life … :)

About those ppl who say they don’t care:

There are two levels of talking.

The one is about philosophy in real life. And it is a sign of top quality of the game that some ppl feel stimulated to talk about real life philosophy because of this high quality.

The other level is just game orientated. Let's say, one is playing chess against a friend. To win the game according to its rules, you kill ruthlessly most of "his men" until the enemy king is dead. Then, you go on with your friend, drink a beer together and are still friends. Similar with playing tennis, or a computer game (MP, SP)… . Nothing wrong with it.

So we should care about, on what level someone it talking, to avoid misunderstandings.

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
Hehe, guess that’s also integrity, not to exclude something what is part of life … :)

About those ppl who say they don’t care:

There are two levels of talking.

The one is about philosophy in real life. And it is a sign of top quality of the game that some ppl feel stimulated to talk about real life philosophy because of this high quality.

The other level is just game orientated. Let's say, one is playing chess against a friend. To win the game according to its rules, you kill ruthlessly most of "his men" until the enemy king is dead. Then, you go on with your friend, drink a beer together and are still friends. Similar with playing tennis, or a computer game (MP, SP)… . Nothing wrong with it.

So we should care about, on what level someone it talking, to avoid misunderstandings.
It's rewarding to know that Ataegina can cause such discussions :)
When I'm creating the plot I have to think what would a evil/good/neutral character do? When I do it, it's on my point of view and I have to put myself on the character shoes considering the world setting/politics/traditions, like it was said before alignment is a point of view that is influenced by many variables, time, education, culture etc...

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
It's rewarding to know that Ataegina can cause such discussions :)
When I'm creating the plot I have to think what would a evil/good/neutral character do? When I do it, it's on my point of view and I have to put myself on the character shoes considering the world setting/politics/traditions, like it was said before alignment is a point of view that is influenced by many variables, time, education, culture etc...
... and I like that you do such a good job with this. Excellent - Outstanding ...

smokebox

Dec 22, 2018
Even in real life if i was in such a position of power when thousands or millions deppends on my choices,when it comes to war i would do anthing necessary to win, i really admire Tywin Lannister in that matter ,"Explain to me why it is more noble to kill 10,000 men in battle than a dozen at dinner.", in war there is no space for morale you should live in the gray area as hard as you can, the enemies will always try to exploit your weakness, some people will say you are ruthless and maybe evil but in the end you will save them, this kind of discussion only shows the Ataegina is getting better and better each update, and i leave you guys with a question to ponder, in that dream that Goggos appear and grab Isabella, if you need to destroy the entire Village just to save Isabella or let Goggos have his way with her and save the village what do you choose? i would follow my heart and save her no matter the cost, because thoose people are nothing to me while she is very precious to my MC

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
... in that dream that Goggos appear and grab Isabella, if you need to destroy the entire Village just to save Isabella or let Goggos have his way with her and save the village what do you choose? i would follow my heart and save her no matter the cost, because thoose people are nothing to me while she is very precious to my MC
There is no standard solution for that. So many things have to be considered and looked upon closely. Like chances and probabilities in the one or the other way.

Sometimes there is even not the time for thinking over, and you have to follow your spontaneous intuition.

"Follow your heart", yes that is easy to say, but sometimes the heart (emotions, dependencies…) is misleading, makes blind for the overview of the whole thing.

Just an example from times of cold war.
I saw a movie (Fail-save, 1964), where a nuclear bomber from USA went accidentally to Moskow and could not be stopped any more. The capital was completely destroyed. US President said "Ups, sorry about that".

Soviets did not believe, that it was only an accident (of course not).

So one of the US President's consultants suggested to send a bomb of the same size to destroy New York. The president asked, if there is anything in NY what is important for the survival of the nation. If not, then let's totally destroy NY to calm down the Soviets. The president knew that his beloved wife stays in NY just now …

Last edited:

Artur12345

Jun 29, 2017
It's come down what matters to you more the village or your companion? While i have nothing against the villagers I may not throw lightning or fireball at them for fun. But if the the demon oh i dont know happen to use them as decoy or shield.. I simply decorate the walls with they entrails without second thought or remorse. Those tactics only work if i care for they fates. Goggos might be a demon but if he cross me others will sware he is the angel kindnes and innocence compared to the mc.

Baxonius

Nov 23, 2018
Can't play with this update from my savegame with last version.
here two error...

battle with creature.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

when click on red heart.

do any have savegame with this dream like what OP write.

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
Can't play with this update from my savegame with last version.
here two error...

battle with creature.

when click on red heart.

do any have savegame with this dream like what OP write.
Sure there you go.

Tell me if it works and what you think about it ;)

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Yeah there was a lot of philosophy going on, and may be some ppl enjoyed and benefited, may be also the game did bedefit. At least, I did.
All this philosophy came up because of the question: are the DH good, and how can MC be with the DH.

The important thing about all of this is that Kthulian
HAS FUN WITH CREATING THE GAME.
Otherwise we as users will get nothing (at least nothing good).

He alone decides what actions take place, which and how many alignment points are added for what, and how MC ends up as whatever.

As for the conditions to follow the demon hunters (DH):

1. Game stays like it is. Is ok for me (love it or leave it - I still will love).
2. MC will follow the DH with alignment between 0 and +5 (inclusive). ..... Even better imo.
3. No neutral path. Light Mages and DH are both with alignment >=0 ..... Dark Mages with <0. ..... (My personal favorite)

So whatever Kthulian decides will be good for the game, and we will have fun too.

And when he does the updates like the ideas are flowing, it also will be the best for all.

smokebox

Dec 22, 2018
I just hope that kthulian makes the updates always the way he wishes, yes we have 3 paths, but i wont mind at all if he feels the need to make 2 or more updates in a row for the same path, that way we will always see his best ideas, and i will play all the paths since each one of them has something that i like.

Baxonius

Nov 23, 2018
Sure there you go.

Tell me if it works and what you think about it ;)
Thanks for share savegame..all ok no error..there are a BUT..i.need my name almighty magician Baxonius! :rolleyes:

will play that again later...keep the awesome game, prefer good over evil..maybe one day i becomes evil ?!:devilish:

• Haha

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Hi Kthulian, in combat, melee is only possible when MC has a weapon. Isn't melee also fighting with hands ? (someone mentioned already afair). Besides mage skills, MC could train his physical body (and can have a symbol for physical training).

In combat if he is choosing melee, he can have the choice betweed different weapons (including bare hands).

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
Hi Kthulian, in combat, melee is only possible when MC has a weapon. Isn't melee also fighting with hands ? (someone mentioned already afair). Besides mage skills, MC could train his physical body (and can have a symbol for physical training).

In combat if he is choosing melee, he can have the choice betweed different weapons (including bare hands).
It's more of a "not implemented yet" melee (attack or defense) will be very weak, but if you get your mana depleted you need to have something to do while it regenerates. Since you can't run out of mana yet I haven't implemented that part yet, and since I don't want to make the game too hard I'm not yet sure how to manage the combats

4.20 star(s) 168 Votes